Why are there syns in this dish?

Sarah23fly

Want to lose a stone!
So I have a SW cook book. Im doing the Orange Easy option. Some of the recipes next to the orange dot say "FREE or 6 syns if the cheese isnt being used as a healthy extra. This is good for me as Im breastfeeding and find it hard to get my h.ex's in.

However, I cooked an amazing potato bake tonight, it had pots, low fat cheese, spinach, onion, garlic and stock. But it said 6 syns. How come it didnt say FREE or 6syns if cheese is not a h.ex? Ive accidentally gone over my syns slightly because of this (doh!) but cant figure out why?

Thanks.

Were those the syns for the portion or the whole recipe? How much/what sort of low fat cheese (hard/spread etc) was in the recipe? Anything else in it?

Hi ya. It was 6syns per portion, it had 4 portions. The cheese was 148g of low fat mature chedder and the only other ingredients were stock, onion, spinach, potatos and garlic.

Should be fine as a HEX then, maybe just an editing error. Was the rest of the book laid out the usual "Free or 6 syns if not using x as a HEX" way?

Ok, the free thing I got with the magazine made a point of saying free or add 6syns etc which is why I got confused as to why this didnt.

Thanks for helping me!

Back