Why are you doing this ??

You don't sound like an idiot at all, it's a wonderful reason to lose weight, good luck with it and I'm sure when you're ready for the babies you'll feel wonderful.

Thank you both for your kind words, and understanding. The world needs more people like you both in it!

Awwwww bless ya -As a mam myself who feels like i cant do anything with my kids i just wish i had lost weight before i had them!
Luckily i had no complications because of my weight but i defo think your going about it in exactly the right way! x

I love reading everyone's reasons for doing this. I also love the support everyone gives. I think this board has been more helpful and supportive to me than my group was when I was doing SW the first time around!

i have the same mind set as you sammie, i was young when i had my daughter and have since split with her dad, ive been with my current partner for nearly 3 years and we have decided that we are most deffo for each other talked weddings babys and houses lol and we want it. i was very small and skinny and not healthy ie ate alot of crap food like take aways etc when i was pregnant and had a terrible pregnancy i was always ill and always in hostpital so the next time i do it i want to be fit and healthy and not spend most of my 9 months in bed or on crutches lol

i also when the time comes want to be able to go to every wedding dress shop in the country and try them all on cause they will all fit by then lol ( hopefully )

I don't want to be fat and 30! At the end of September last year I spent an uncomfortable day at one of our closest friends' wedding! I had to shop the day before and just find something that 'fitted' as the dress that I'd bought last summer to 'slim in to' just looked awful! I cried in the changing room with my wonderful OH trying to placate me! I went to the wedding on the Saturday and then the following Thursday I joined SW! I ahve another wedding to go to at the end of this month and so pleased to say that 'that' dress now fits like a glove!

Also, me and OH are applying to emigrate to OZ and when (and if) we finally get there and possibly, maybe, start a family I went to lead the fullest, most active, healthy life that I can xxx

Years ago I did a VLC diet endorsed by a crazy skinny lady guru....not sustainable, but some of the catchphrases stuck with me. She used to tell me "Don't ENVY anyone else's figure. You can have it if you want it"
Well, I know it seems mad, but it's kind of true. Obviously whilst I might admire celebrities' figures, ultimately I'm NOT willing to put in that level of work so I just have to accept that that's their job and their body. Doesn't mean I have to wallow and feel fat.

I do have the power to make SW, sustainable changes that will help me feel as confident and healthy as my friends, my colleagues (whose "normal" figures I also admire)

SW has shown me that success is there if I want it. And I do. I have been SO inspried by target members and people who have lost a lot of weight on here (too many to mention)

When I do well at weigh-in and come closer to target I feel good. Hell, I feel attractive even! Life seems to have more to offer when I feel confident....It makes me see that, without fully realisin it, my own food and body issues were stopping me enjoy life to the full.

I am doing this for many reasons (health, holidays) but I must say, the emotional reasons are important. I want to say goodbye to guilt, failure and hopelessness, and "How you doin!?'" to feelings of confidence, power and success! Don't know if this all makes sense

Fray, you are so brave. I welled up reading your post. You can do it, we're all here to support you!
They're very good reasons, girls. Mine are quite similar.

My family has a history of cancer, and high blood pressure and diabetes and all sorts, so that's the ultimate reason I'm doing it. I want to take care of my body and not fall down any of those holes.

I also want to do this while I'm young, so I don't have to work harder for it when I'm older. My nana keeps insisting that the "middle aged spread is not a myth!!", so I am taking that advice.

I also want the more selfish stuff... To look good in nice clothes, fit into a pair of retro high-waisted flares and look fantastic.
I also refuse to be a fat bride. I can't do it. It's going to be the best day of my life and I want to feel proud of the body I am giving my my husband.

Slightly off subject but does anyone in this thread suffer with the same thing as me, there being nothing to do in my area that i know of.

I wish there was more stuff to do around the area i live. I have to rely on train or bus or my favorite option, walking to get me places. There is a Zumba class in Saltburn, which is almost close, but would have to get the train there and back.. Anyone know of any fitness stuff around the Redcar and Cleveland area that dont cost a bomb??

Hey Sammie! I'm Redcar & Cleveland! Whereabouts?

Sammie im with you and totally understand where your coming from, but i gotta get a move on im well into thirties.Alraedy been told by wonderful girls at work im to old and would i keep baby if i fell pregnant .

i started slimming world, so that i can have a baby with my beautiful boyfriend.

terrified of the whole carrying a baby and labour situation lol

and i know been overweight will add extra problems.

i lost a baby over 18 years ago and now feel its the time to be brave and try again.

so trying my damn best to make my little family onto 3 of us.

good luck chubbyemma

Fray - that was such a moving post, I wish you every success :) x x

I have a few reasons really, I am doing this as I have two beautiful children & don't want them growing up & having a "fat" mummy.When I met my hubby I was a size 12ish - 14 top, I have piled on the weight since being with him through what I mainly think is just becuase I am happy & content. I can't blame the baby weight as I lost weight both times!!

Anyway - after being a size 16/18 & spending time hiding from photographs as I hated them, I decided enough is enough - I want all the memories for my family captured by the camera & that ment sorting out my eating habbits, loosing the extra weight & feeling happier & confident - which I am now!

My mum & sister have also had cancer quite badly - both have links to their weight (they are both largely over-weight) & that was scary for me. I never want my children to go through that, & if being healthier means I can try my best to prevent that, then whats what I will do.

I also have my holiday in afew weeks. We are going away with my best friend who I have known since school. I didn't want to go on holiday & once again feel the fat one!

So there you go - my many reasons to be slimmer :)

Sammie im with you and totally understand where your coming from, but i gotta get a move on im well into thirties.Alraedy been told by wonderful girls at work im to old and would i keep baby if i fell pregnant .

i started slimming world, so that i can have a baby with my beautiful boyfriend.

terrified of the whole carrying a baby and labour situation lol

and i know been overweight will add extra problems.

i lost a baby over 18 years ago and now feel its the time to be brave and try again.

so trying my damn best to make my little family onto 3 of us.

Oh honey - you are not to old at all, good luck to you. I hope that you get what you wish for x

You are not too old!! My friend was 37 when she had her girl and she was 20 odd stone and ok the pregnancy was not a walk in the park, but she did it and she is the best mother to her wonderful daughter, Winnie, who might i add is the bestest little niece i could of asked for!

So no you are not too old, and as for those women at work, tell 'em to wind thier neck in and just ignore them!

Why am I doing this?

For me. I started the journey to look good for some photos (my brother's wedding in August 09). During that part - i have come to realise a number of things - including that I was previously only existing. In the journey - i've started to learn to actually live. and i don't want that to stop - i want to start experiencing life.

I'm not far from target - and i will be continuing food optimising - without it - i'll be back at 27st before i know it - and that is NOT going to happen.

So many reasons. My biggest one is I want to see my daughter grow up :) I started my family in my 20s but then had my little darling when I was nearly 39. I love all my children but my littlun really is the light of my life. I need to be around to see her grow up, like my others have. And I want to enjoy every minute we spend together, rather than making excuses because I'm too tired, too fat etc etc.

Weight has been a constant struggle for me, although I look back at photos of a younger me and can't believe how slim I was and how fat I thought I was at the time!

Back in 2006/7, I lost over 6 stone in weight thanks to a VLCD and a diseased gall bladder. Since then, I've moved to the States and enjoyed rather a lot of rather naughty food. It's been great, but having gained back about 3 stone, the food honeymoon is definitely now over! I've got a wardrobe full of gorgeous designer clothes that don't fit me now and I want to wear them again. My partner loves me whatever size I am (when we met I was at my heaviest) but I want to look lovely for them. And, being here in Kentucky, the weather is HOT--I don't want to be the fat, sweaty woman, I want to be able to go out hiking and enjoy the fabulous environment I live in. It's time for change.

I'm doing this because I'm sick of feeling the way I do, sick of hiding from photo's, sick of never going clothes shopping because I can't wear the nice clothes, sick of staying home because I have nothing to wear, sick of making excuses why I can't go places with friends and collegues, just sick of not living life!

I had a baby last year and I have only 2 pictures of me and her together, I hate my picture so much but the thought of not having any photo's together makes me so sad.

I need to do this for her, for my other half, but mainly for me. Its time to get my life back :)

Back