Why are you doing this ??

Redcar lol. Where abouts are you?? What group do you go to??
x

Guisborough! Not far! Small world. :) I don't go to group anymore. I used to go to Barnaby House.

Why am I doing this? Because I had to I was 35 years old with acuta asthma, I was 19 stone 12 and spent more time in hospital than I did at home with my 4 children, my consultant basically laid it on the line either I lost weight or I would lose my life....that was the kick start, it hasnt been an easy journey and during my weightloss my husband decided to leave me for another woman, because he didnt like the new me and wanted to be with someone big! But I got through that and gradually my asthma has improved dramatically. I am nearing the end of my weightloss journey now, and am now not constantly on steroid tablets, just two inhalers instead of four and have not had a major attack in over 2 years. So now I can have fun with my kids ok I am never going to be able to run marathons or anything like that but at least I may get the chance to see my children marry and have children of their own, which 5 years ago was a most unlikely scenario.

I am doing this for health reasons, I am registered disabled due to rheumatoid arthritis, so losing weight will help with my mobility and give me a better quality of life.

I am doing SW EE as I am sick, sick, sick of the binge/starve diet cycle I have been on for decades. I want a healthy eating plan I can follow and enjoy for life!

Wow, so many of you sound like hearing myself think iykwim?
I also am tired of being the fat one, and it's worse cuz I was allways so slim, I have allways felt in the shadow of people, am average looking but when i was slim I felt a little better about me. I liked dressing well, wearing cool things and love my clothes, now its just so limited i have no heart to buy 18's so i dont go far, I make excuses to hubby and freinds so I dont go out, nothing to wear , dont want to even try, I have 3 perfect boys 4,3 and 1 and I lost most of my weight with all of them getting to 11.5 after no 2 but this last one is sticking , i did the pills and lost shed loads but no3 came along so I gained it all back, I dont want to do the pills again cuz its just not how i want to live my life, i need food to be such a small part of my life but my family were/are all foodies, ( me being the lightest at 14 st) so they are hard habits to break, im tired of being the frumpy fat one, i have a little revenge issue too and only being slim can sort that one( that will be a pleasant side effect of being slim again) but my main reason is I hate the way I look , and only i can change it, i was 8st,5 when i got married and im determined to be back in my dress for my 10th anniversary in nov 2011 and I know I can do it, i fall by the wayside once a month for about a week so my main problem is going to be there . any tips on dealing with that " i cant fill myself up with enough junk food feeling" Muchly appreiciated.
good luck to us all and most of all be the change you want to see.

Back