Why are YOU losing weight? <3

Same with my boyfriend, he consumes 2l of coke a day and always has kebabs and southern fried chicken and chips and pizza for dinner etc. yet he never gains weight! We've had pretty much same dinners this year and I gained 2 stone before joining SW he hasn't gained a pound!
I've got a BF like that too - it is so infuriating - although he does run quite a bit - but if he doesn't eat chocolate, chips and beer the weight falls off him, to the point he was just over 10 stone and needed to stop loosing. We live 3 hours away from one another and so when he does come down then he wants to go out, have a meal or a couple of bottles of wine and I piled on nearly 2 stone in our first year together - on top of the few stone I needed to loose already.

I have a few reasons why I want to loose weight - first I want to be healthier and have more energy to do stuff with my kids. Second - for vanity, since I was 16 I have had no self perception of my body image. I simply ignored it. Now I am fairly happy in my own skin - just there is too much of it! My BF wants to get married next year but there's no way I want to be the centre of attention whilst I weigh this much.

Apart from wanting to feel better about myself anyway my mum was diagnosed with diabetes the day I joined. I want my OH to be proud to have me on his arm, and I want to fit into all the clothes I love that don't go up to my size. Those are just a few reasons!

In denial for years but it was lots of little things. Photographs that made me sad, getting out of breath while walking up the stairs, almost collapsing whilst teaching a pe lesson, realising that my size 20s were extremely tight and that I didn't feel good or confident when going for a night out.

I don't want to be skinny, I have always and hips and boobs. I want my Fiancee to have the girlfriend he fell in love with back even if he does love me whatever my size. I want to marry him and be able to actually look at the pictures!

I want to lose weight for loads of reasons:

*to be happy in my own skin
*to be more confident
*to help improve joint pain
*to improve pcos
*to be able to go into ANY clothes shop and know that I can find something in my size
*to no longer feel that people look at me and think "my god look at her"
*to be healthy
*to live life to the fullest

Main reason - I want a family. Me and husband started ttc six months ago and I know that my weight is likely to be an issue (I started SW at 19st 6lb). I am terrified that I've left it to late as I approach my mid-thirties, terrified that even with the weight loss it still won't happen for us. But if it doesn't work I need to be able to say that I tried everything I could for my own sanity. And if it does, I will be the happiest girl in the world <3

Other than that? I want to be able to shop somewhere other than Evans and not have idiots abuse me in the street for being fat. That'd be nice!

Main reason - I want a family. Me and husband started ttc six months ago and I know that my weight is likely to be an issue (I started SW at 19st 6lb). I am terrified that I've left it to late as I approach my mid-thirties, terrified that even with the weight loss it still won't happen for us. But if it doesn't work I need to be able to say that I tried everything I could for my own sanity. And if it does, I will be the happiest girl in the world <3

Other than that? I want to be able to shop somewhere other than Evans and not have idiots abuse me in the street for being fat. That'd be nice!

I sincerely hope it works out for you!

I want to lose weight because I'm bitterly ashamed of myself. I'm incredibly unfit and can't walk far without getting breathless, so one reason is to become fitter and more healthy; but the main reason is because my beautiful daughters miss out because I am the way I am. I'm so embarrassed about the other parents, teachers and children seeing what I look like that I avoid the school as much as possible. In fact I avoid everything I can, and haven't gone out much for a few years. I had a real mental struggle to get myself to Slimming World, but I'm so glad I did it. I'm almost two stone lighter, I do a little bit of body magic every day, and the other day I went out for a walk with another SW member and her dog - and I really enjoyed it.

I decided i needed to lose weight after doing a University fitness and health project which i felt uncomfitable... also becuase i want to lower my risk of health issues

Ive got a holiday booked with my boyfriend at the end of August and I want him to look at me not all the pretty girls around!

Im losing weight because I could notice it creeping on and thought enough was enough. Plus id like to have a lot better fitting clothes and feel alot better about myself in the process. :)

i just got fed up. it took a long time, but i finally had enough of being the fattest person in any room, in my family, at baby groups. anywhere. i put on weight originally because i was depressed. i'm happy now, have been for a long time so it's just ridiculous to carry this reminder of a self destructive time around with me. it's ruining my life, and the years are hurtling by. i want to be a healthy weight by the time i'm 35 or i think i'm just going to give in and be fat forever. i have 2 children, and my daughter is predisposed to a bit of chunk. i absolutely won't let her go through life struggling with her weight so want to set her a good example. my son too, but he's a rake so far.

I did a sky dive a few months which my husband had bought for me as a christmas present. I had a really great time but i hate the photos from it. I look like i've been stuffed into the jump suit :( so i've decided that when i reach my target i'll do another sky dive and get some photos that i'll actually enjoy looking at. :)

I want to lose weight to look and feel good in decent sized clothes! I want to be able to shop in New Look and Topshop and not have to go to the plus size sections and feel really rubbish that i can't wear a nice size 12 dress and look incredibly good for my boyfriend when we go out. But overall, i want to just be able to look in the mirror and be happy with what i see.

butterswithagun said:
I want to lose weight to look and feel good in decent sized clothes! I want to be able to shop in New Look and Topshop and not have to go to the plus size sections and feel really rubbish that i can't wear a nice size 12 dress and look incredibly good for my boyfriend when we go out. But overall, i want to just be able to look in the mirror and be happy with what i see.

I hate New Look plus size section especially, the choice is very limited. Every time I find something I like I check the label and it's from the maternity section!

my main reason for wanting to lose weight is that i'm a bridesmaid next year and i don't want the usual comments that i get at family events about how much weight i've put on!

I want to wear nice clothes, the proportions of most bigger clothes don't work on me. My 18 trousers are a completely different shape to my newer additional of size 20s and the 20s look very strange so I decided not to stay in that situation and just lose weight!.
My mum had been for 2 weeks at slimming world and told me I should join with her cos I was putting on so much weight (something only a mum could get away with) I'm also fed up of weighing more then my boyfriend lol

I am sick of feeling like I stand out because of my weight, it stops me doing so many things, not physically (at the moment) but mentally.

I am about to graduate and plan on training as a teacher, I have volunteered in my children's schools for many years but the thought of standing up in front of a class of children the way I look now fills me with fear!

I have decided to wait a year before applying for the PGCE, get some more classroom experience and shift this weight before it stops me fulfilling my dream.

I hate New Look plus size section especially, the choice is very limited. Every time I find something I like I check the label and it's from the maternity section!

That happens to me in my local New Look, I always make a beeline towards the maternity stuff because it looks nicer! I dread seeing the lilac maternity label instead of the dark purple inspire one in the clothes I like :(

i want to loose weight because for the past two years I wake up every single morning thinking how fat and unattractive I Iook! Its for me, I want to yet again feel good about myself! Oh and because I look at my mum and as much as I love her I dont want to be like her..size wise!!;(

Back