Why are YOU losing weight? <3

I was very slim (probably underweight) until I was 19, at which point I gained around 100lb thanks to PCOS/antidepressants.
I'm 21 now and I'm not resigning myself to being the mousy quiet person I seem to have become as a result for the rest of my life, and I am getting married in October and want to feel like a woman not a gender-less blob.

I've been worried about weight since I was 12. Now I'm 20 and tried plenty but after just weighing myself for the first time since before christmas, I have put on a stone and convinced myself now is the time!

Also I turn 21 in just 10 weeks and I would love to feel confident in a dress!!

Wish me luck!

(I'm a complete newbie by the way so I don't really know how this works, any help would be great!)

i am 21 now just lol it was on my 21st birthday when i went out and realised i needed to do something about my weight... i think you will look confident before your before =] you should start a diary about yourself its really good and will keep you motivated x

Hi all, I have very similar reasons really.

1 - to be healthier
2 - to feel better about myself
3 - to improve fitness and do a half marathon this year (eek!)

It really does work as I lost 4 stone 8 years ago and then have put it back on over 3 babies!

Good Question!

1. Most of my family is diabetic and I'd like to reduce my chances of getting it too.
2. I have no self confidence which is making me depressed which is making me eat - a vicious circle I need to break.
3. I've been single since 2008 and would like to feel better about myself before looking for a relationship.
4. I get upset when I go clothes shopping and realise many things don't go up to my size.
5. I have no energy and my skin is terrible - I think a healthier diet would go a long way to resolving this.
6. I'm going on holiday in October and would be nice if I felt comfortable in a bathing suit.
7. I'm going to be a bridesmaid in November and would love to wear a beautiful figure hugging dress.

I am training to be a primary teacher, and I am loosing weight to show my class in the future what hard work can achieve. 5 stone to loose in a year!

I want to lose weight because I've seen my mum and older sister both have a gastric bypass as recommended by their doctors.

Both have not worked satisfactorily and I want to avoid all that drama and surgery by changing my lifestyle now (I'm 28).

I also want to yeah my 3 young children (ages 8y, 6.5y and 2.5y) what a healthy meal consists of and to grow up cooking instead of ordering in!

It's worth mentioning too that my father had heart disease and had 4 heart attacks in his lifetime, the last of which killed him. He was overweight but tried many times to change his diet but without the correct support.

Wow I waffled on a bit there didn't I?!

Sorry, in brackets it should say 'I'm 28'. No idea where the cool sunglasses came from...

Why are YOU losing weight? &lt;3

I am trying to lose weight as we have fertility issues (hubby not me), and we might have to have iud or ivf. Obviously want to be a healthy weight any way if I fall pregnant.

I want to lose weight so I can finally be me...
Sounds soppy and a bit hippy dippy but I want people to see me as me not my weight. In my head I don't see myself as big as I now am. I want to walk along the street without worrying about what I look like. I love clothes and gorgeous fabric and make up and jewellery and I want to be able to just throw on something and feel ok.
I recently got engaged and I have been planning my wedding since I was about 5 but I never imagined when I was little that I would feel like this or be this size when I met the man of my dreams. So now I just want to make me proud, my boy proud and my family proud when I get married in two years time.

I want just one day where I feel a million dollars and not have to worry about anything.

Good luck to everyone.

I have been chubby since I was about 5! I've always been bullied for my weight for as long as I can remember, and as a result I have no self esteeme what so ever. I lost about 2 stone when I was 18 as my size 18 jeans where very very tight but I refused to buy a size 20, I managed to get down to a size 14/16 but about a stone and a half has creapt back on over the last 18 months. I want it gone.

I want to feel comfortable in my own skin and actually happy to wear shorts in summer and look hot in a short dress on a night out. And wear a dress with no tights so my fat thighs don't rub together!!. I want to think about getting married and when we do make that decision I don't want to be a fat bride!

I also don't want the risk of any weight related illnesses as I want children in the not too distant future. I want to be a healthy mum for them :)

I am losing weight for my health, id like to b around for kids forever!!! Also when i marry i dont want my bingo wings.

I want to lose weight to be a healthier person. Been fat pretty much all my life. Managed to get down to a size 14 about 6 years ago by not doing it the healthy way, hence it all piled back on plus more. This time round it's going to be a life long commitment rather than just to be slim.
I know it can be done so I WILL do it. Just wish I was more determined to do my uni work :)

Why are YOU losing weight? &lt;3

I want to lose weight to be healthier and more at home in my own skin. I was a size 12 but then gained loads of weight suddenly, turned out I had an under active thyroid. Really struggled with weight since, I go up and down like a yo-yo but never get below an 18. Really hoping SW works for me be past that barrier and keep motivated. It's so disheartening when you are so good and still gain weight, I've lost 7lbs in my first week :) so happy with that! Hopefully it wasn't a fluke and the loss will continue ;)

I know this is an old post, but I'm losing the weight so I can get fit, feel fit and have a baby. I was told I'm too large, and my PCOS is getting worse because of my size. This is my goal. I want a child so much, it hurts me to see other people with their children sometimes :(

I want to lose weight for:
1. to feel better
2. have better confidence
3. better health and self preservation
4. to do things ive never been able to do like run without getting out of breath.
5. to set an example to my baby sister
i would love to become a consult

Re: Why are YOU losing weight? &lt;3

I know this is an old post, but I'm losing the weight so I can get fit, feel fit and have a baby. I was told I'm too large, and my PCOS is getting worse because of my size. This is my goal. I want a child so much, it hurts me to see other people with their children sometimes :(

Hang in there penny I know exactly how you feel I have pcos, I lost 3 stone and tried for 2 years when I eventually became pregnant, I know its hard to do but try to forget about becoming pregnant as soon as I was going to be referred for ivf and had stopped worrying I has a positive result x

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I'm doin this to8t8

Sent from my LT30p using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back