Why are YOU losing weight? <3

I want to lose weight so I look fantastic in my clothes and not all lumpy and bumpy! I want to get fitter so I can exercise and not feel like I'm dying. I want to eat healthier so I feel full of energy and not sluggish and bloated.

I want to be able to walk into Topshop and buy anything I fancy rather than either not walking in there at all because I know nothing will fit or having that shameful moment in the changing room when you think you've actually got stuck in something...

I want to lose weight so I look fantastic in my clothes and not all lumpy and bumpy! I want to get fitter so I can exercise and not feel like I'm dying. I want to eat healthier so I feel full of energy and not sluggish and bloated.

I want to be able to walk into Topshop and buy anything I fancy rather than either not walking in there at all because I know nothing will fit or having that shameful moment in the changing room when you think you've actually got stuck in something...

Your last line made me both giggle and cringe at the time's I've done it !!x

To help my husband and I conceive our first baby been trying for 18 months now :/ I have no hormonal issues or anything and last November after loosing 2 stone I conceived, but had a miscarriage at 7 weeks since then i put back on 8lbs rejoined last week and fully intend to stick with it and get my body into a baby making machine!!

Also got a wedding next year in Greece that i want to look fab for :)

To be slim and sixty instead of being fat and fifty -also getting married again next year

To be healthy and feel more confident in myself. No more denial, no more guilt, no more negativity just getting on with it! Would also love my legs to look like two legs instead of a joined up mega triangle, oh and my jeans to stop wearing away at my thighs. To feel sexy ooh er! To drop a shoe size! To drop several bra sizes! To run like a child again....

For me it's all about confidence, a new challenge and improving my habits and general health :) I've been wanting to shift the extra lbs I have for years but have been unable to find the time. I now have the time and have found slimming world great so far.

I'm losing it because I've been big most of my life and have hated my body. I've had an unhealthy relationship to food due to my mother constantly complaining about my Weight and calling me fat from a young age, even though the last time she was skinny was before she had my brother three years after I was born. I don't want my daughter growing up to the be the same, I couldn't imagine calling her fat at all, she's my little princess and I don't want her to see her body as the only thing that defines who she is when it's not.

Sent from my C1905 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Decided now to lose weight for a friends wedding in August but mainly because christmas morning saw me crying sat on the bed after trying 4 dresses on that wouldn't fit and ending up wearing jeans with a baggy jumper and being the fattest person at the table 13 of us.....never ever again will i feel like that.

I'm losing weight because for the past three years I've been self conscious of my body, the summer is coming and I don't want another year where I'm too afraid to wear a dress or shorts in case people think I'm fat.
Also, I want to look amazing for my wonderful boyfriend (who says I don't need to diet but isn't he just lovely haha)
I would love to be happy with my body next summer when I will be going abroad, would absolutely love to feel completely comfortable in a bikini, I'm not in a massive rush, just as long as I get there :)

I'm loosing weight because I've been obese since Year 7 and I'm sick of it....

I can't wait to buy clothes I like instead of clothes that fit me!!!

Also for my health - I have irregular periods (is that because I'm obese?)

I want to loose the majority before xmas because it'll be a 'get-together' time with my extended family & I want to surprise them!!!!!:)

sorry the health reason is not only re: periods but I feel fat & lazy.... I rarely exercise & mostly feel bloated & disgusting!

I'm loosing weight because I've been obese since Year 7 and I'm sick of it.... I can't wait to buy clothes I like instead of clothes that fit me!!! Also for my health - I have irregular periods (is that because I'm obese?) I want to loose the majority before xmas because it'll be a 'get-together' time with my extended family & I want to surprise them!!!!!:)

Irregular periods and being overweight are linked to pcos, your dr can do bloods for you. Best of luck with your weight loss! X

Decided now to lose weight for a friends wedding in August but mainly because christmas morning saw me crying sat on the bed after trying 4 dresses on that wouldn't fit and ending up wearing jeans with a baggy jumper and being the fattest person at the table 13 of us.....never ever again will i feel like that.

Been there and it's horrible! Here's to next christmas being totally different! X

I'm losing weight because for the past three years I've been self conscious of my body, the summer is coming and I don't want another year where I'm too afraid to wear a dress or shorts in case people think I'm fat. Also, I want to look amazing for my wonderful boyfriend (who says I don't need to diet but isn't he just lovely haha) I would love to be happy with my body next summer when I will be going abroad, would absolutely love to feel completely comfortable in a bikini, I'm not in a massive rush, just as long as I get there :)

Why not buy a bikini in the size you'd like to be, try it on and get a visual image. Then put the bikini away. Every now and again try it on :) It'll be a great bit of inspiration!
I bought a dress as a mid-weight loss goal, it's now in the charity shop with tags still attached! Miles too big!

Why not buy a bikini in the size you'd like to be, try it on and get a visual image. Then put the bikini away. Every now and again try it on :) It'll be a great bit of inspiration!
I bought a dress as a mid-weight loss goal, it's now in the charity shop with tags still attached! Miles too big!
That's a brilliant idea, then I'll actually be able to see the progress I'm making. Thanks :) and well done on your achievement ! :)

To reduce my PCOS symptoms and to be here as long as possible for my sisters. We lost our mother last year and I'm worried that if I don't lose the weight and reduce possible health risks, that I may not be around for them for long either.

Oh and to look super hot in a sparkly bright yellow bikini with feathers whilst shaking my butt in the Rio Carnival :cool:

To reduce my PCOS symptoms and to be here as long as possible for my sisters. We lost our mother last year and I'm worried that if I don't lose the weight and reduce possible health risks, that I may not be around for them for long either.

Oh and to look super hot in a sparkly bright yellow bikini with feathers whilst shaking my butt in the Rio Carnival :cool:

I think I prefer your second reason. ;)

For me, it was turning 40 last summer and not wanting any photos being taken of me because I just looked so fat in them. I then started a healthy eating plan and lost 10lbs quite quickly but then OFSTED came and put the school where I work into Special Measures. I had never seen myself as a comfort or stress eater before, but turns out I am. Put on even more weight and in February I bought a load of new clothes in a size I had sworn I would never buy. Hardly any of my work clothes fitted and I knew I had to do something before my 41st birthday. I am hoping to have lost 2st before my birthday (in August) and actually have more choice of clothes to take on holiday with me this year.

My fiancé and I are hoping to start trying for a baby within the next year or so, and not only do I not want to be pregnant (or try to run around after a child) at this size, I'm also worried I won't even be able to get pregnant in the first place because of my size.

Obviously it's the clichéd I want to look and feel good as well, but being a mother has always been my goal in life and it kills me that my own body and my own stupid eating habits could jeopardise that.

Back