Extra Easy why cant i stop snacking?

I'm an emotional eater too. Mainly when I am angry I find myself gorging on awful food out of spite (to myself even though I done nothing wrong.) The other week I was angry at OH so I ate 4 bits of bread with peanut butter. Then loads of other stuff straight after, there's no reason for it at all!

Snap! Oh made me cross so what did I do? Half a jar of nutella and half a can of condensed milk!!

How do you learn to deal with that?

Snap! Oh made me cross so what did I do? Half a jar of nutella and half a can of condensed milk!!

How do you learn to deal with that?

:-0 that sounds so naughty, what did u do with it just eat it mixed up. Bet it was so delicious though

from fat to skinny jeans only 45lb to go

Try planning what meals to take to work, then don't take any money with you.

You can't buy things on the way back from work.

And also, get rid of all the crap in your cupboards and down buy it in again. If it's not there you can't eat it :D

. . . get rid of all the crap in your cupboards and don't buy it in again. If it's not there you can't eat it :D

So true! I often have a fancy for chocolate or sweets late at night, but that's too bad because there aren't any in the house. I am intrigued by the condensed milk - haven't bought any of that for decades. Can't imagine what I would use it for.

I am sat here, eating some biscuits having just had a load of nuts/fruit and some malt loaf...and guess what...I've had a rubbish morning. Am feeling fed up and grumpy so I've turned to food which I KNOW will not help me at all, why do we do it??

Good plan :) I wish there was more I could snack on really. being vegan is a bit annoying like that, can't just have some lean meat/cheese as hexa etc. requires a lot of forward thinking plus i don't want to buy stuff 'just in case' i want to pick on it cos it might go off :(

heres to a better day tomorrow :)

I was craving all sorts (sugar and sweets primarily) until I started eating bigger meals with lots of free/superfree foods. If you still crave when you are full, it may be something to do with emotional eating. There is a great article on here about emotional eating which opened my eyes. It's well worth a read because if you can identify what your triggers are you can handle them better.

Good luck. x

Oh I deffo eat big meals and if I'm busy/happy/content then I never feel hungry and don't need to snack. Most of my meals are 2/3rds superfree due to being vegan anyway :)

Emotional eating is a massive problem, I'll check out these articles and see if anything pops up, I know its a big problem of mine, as soon as I feel down or under the weather the food just gets shovelled in!! x

Hey guys

My problem is at work...I'm a chef

Being surrounded by full fat food is hard...especially biscuits they are my Achilles heel!!!

I can try everything for taste but try to avoid it so I carry tictacs to get rid of tastes and cravings and have just started a new project "The Nibble Box"!

My nibble box is small and has 2 compartments and contains mainly free food: strawberries, blue berries, bitesized cucumber chunks, cherry tomatoes, tinned new potatoes and meat
I also wrap 2 or 3 low syn biscuits in foil in my nibble box ( this week I have morning coffee biscuits at 1syn and some lotus caramelised biscuits at 1.5syns but I usually have rich tea fingers at 1syn each) ... A lot less syns than pinching 3 custard creams at 3syns each!!!
If I crave savoury snacks I can always add some low syn crisps or popcorn which I have at home out of sight! I have to have some control with snacks at home I usually find that putting them away in a box on top of the cupboards and out of site really helps as it won't be the first thing I see in the cupboard or fridge when I'm looking for food and I tend to not think about them so much

I also find cereal bars don't help, if I do have them I put them in the fridge so they take longer to eat

Hope this helps any fellow munchers

So glad to find this thread as was thinking of posting something similar. I am fine during the day but in the evening after work I really struggle.

I often eat late so I know I am probably too hungry that even when I eat dinner I want something afterwards. Or I ave to gab soemthing when I get in as I have the shakes. It is also habit/boredom for me in a way. I am used to sitting down after the kids are in bed, curling up on the sofa with DH and eating!

And I have to have something! Usually chocolate or something sweet, then I get hungry and want something more substantial; toast etc..

I said to my husband lat night that we need to do something about it. I wouldn't mind so much if it was just dinner then supper but it is mindless snacking for snacking's sake!

Read about the alpen lights above with interest; I agree that you don't get the same fill factor with them, than with other hebs. I might cut them out as hebs and see if it helps. It would save me a fortune too lol.

Ive cut mine out today snd decided before I grab for snacks ill make sure ive had both heb.

Which is what ive done heb have been weetabix and 5 scan bran

So far I dont feel snacky at all today feeling a lot more fuller more satisfied

Plan tomorrow is make a scan bran cake to have as either my lunch or as my tea as I have done today. Very filling and stops the snacking.

I've been finding it hard to find low syn or free snacks.

I'm not a big eater and as my consultant to group.. I'm a grazer.

Not a lot snack wise that has the same salty hit as a few crisps.

Jerky is good though and only 1.5 - 2 syns a bag. Expensive though.

You may benefit from the low syn snack book, which you can buy at group or if you need a salty fix maybe SW chips (syn free), which are lovely! Syn-free chips - Recipes - Slimming World Hope that helps.

Thanks.

I've tried sw chips over and over and they always come out horrible :'(

I've got the free branded food book but I don't think anything in there really cuts it as snacks. Will be buying the low syn snack one at weigh in I think.

Aldi crisps in multipacks tend to be low syn (monster claws, bacon rashers, cheese grills, quavers and skips)

Sainsburys basics ready salted squares are low syn
Sainsburys multipack of sweet and salty popcorn is Low too

Hope this helps
X

I have my SW chips off to a fine T now. I chip them as normal place them on a plate and pop in the microwave for 4 and a half mins, then I spread them onto a mesh I bought in the £ shop. Spray them with FryLight and pop in the oven until golden brown givng them a little shake half way through theyre yummy

Im a massive emotional eater too. Its a tough cycle but hopefully we can over come it!

I find my biggest problem is if I dont plan meals and just think oh I will wing it! Preparation is definately the key!

I also tend to save my syns and b choices for an evening so I can have lots of treats and still remain on plan. For example sometimes I have an aero hot chocolate , with low fat squirty cream and a mini flake all for 5 syns, I might have that with a 5syn choccy or a HiFi bar and it feels so naughty. I find it easier to be on plan when Im at home funnily enough, so I have to be mega prepared at work! xx

Back