Why did we start?

I love this thread, it's such a great reminder and keeps my motivation going. I've written out my reasons onto paper (actually I'm finding I add to it more and more!) and I read every reason every morning, I find it helps me keep on track (well most days!:eek:) it gives me that little bit more strength that I need to get through another day.

I love this thread, it's such a great reminder and keeps my motivation going. I've written out my reasons onto paper (actually I'm finding I add to it more and more!) and I read every reason every morning, I find it helps me keep on track (well most days!:eek:) it gives me that little bit more strength that I need to get through another day.

Thats a great Idea to write it out, Im gonna stick it on my fridge
Thanks
Vicky
xxx

Vicky82 - your reasons are very similar to me, infact it even made me feel a bit teary!! Flipping hormones.

I loved this thread when it first started and think it is brilliant motivation, sometimes we just get stuck on the SW treadmill and forget about why we are actually doing this.

How's about making it a sticky??

Vicky82 - your reasons are very similar to me, infact it even made me feel a bit teary!! Flipping hormones.

I loved this thread when it first started and think it is brilliant motivation, sometimes we just get stuck on the SW treadmill and forget about why we are actually doing this.

How's about making it a sticky??

Thanks Louise, making this list kinda makes me think that I really have to do it this time. I know, Hormones are wee ba****ds

Good idea to write all the reasons out and stick it on the fridge. I'm going to try that - it can go next to my note saying the more ya move the more ya lose!

Anything to keep me on track!;)

Good idea to write all the reasons out and stick it on the fridge. I'm going to try that - it can go next to my note saying the more ya move the more ya lose!

Anything to keep me on track!;)

I should have got a copyright for that :p

Keep up the hard work girl:character00116:

Thats a great Idea to write it out, Im gonna stick it on my fridge
Thanks
Vicky
xxx
Rather than sticking them all on your fridge why not write each one individually and stick them in key places around the house. EG back of the bathroom door or wall facing the toilet, on your alarm clock, in the corner of the mirror on your dressing table if you have one etc

My reasons why IM GOING TO lose 8 Stone:
  1. My health, PCOS and Blood sugar levels all over the place
I don't have the syndrome but I have the cysts and since losing lots I have had reduced period pain and they are more regular

I don't have the syndrome but I have the cysts and since losing lots I have had reduced period pain and they are more regular

Thats great that losing weight has helped. I dont have much pain now but did last year. I have no periods at all with it, apart from about once a year when it last for practically a month. Also have too much hair in the wrong places which is such a pain.

Dont Talk To Me About Periods!!!

Because I Have Lost The Weight It Has Played Havoc With My Contraceptive Implant!
I Was 3 Weeks Late Last Week! Eeeeak I Thought I Was Pregnant But When I Had A Chat With My Doc He Told Me Its Because Ive Lost Weight!!

Hey Ho!

Ruthy Xxx

I would assume so hun, it must do. Google it that would give ya some answers.....i genuinly thought i was pregnant!
If you are thinner your hormone levels do go all over the place....my periods are a hell of alot lighter which is good because i used to be really bad.
Ruthy xxx

I thought id bump this thread up to kick everyone up the bum and me also. :whip:

I only joined sw because a woman at work talked me into it (I'm glad she did). But I need to lose 5 stone, I'm massively overweight. I have a bad back which the weight certainly isn't helping. My dad died of a heart attack, so I'm more at risk, even if I wasn't so fat. My boyfriend thought I was fat 5 stone ago, so god knows why he's still with me, but he is, bless him! I'm also sick of Evans and having to cover myself up even on the hottest days.

You have already made a good start. Your boyfriend loves you for who you are not what the scales say. As for Evans, they are really expensive. My mum always shopped there and I introduced her to New Looks Inspire range (in bigger NL stores) and now she prefers NL to Evans and says the clothes are nicer, better fitting, and better priced!

I like NL too but they never have short inside leg sizes in jeans. But I really dont like evans either, its expensive and the qualitys not great sometimes but they have a monopoly over size 18+

Hi Guys
So many reasons so little time - the main
1. My eldest son is getting married on May 30th 2009 - I want to make him as proud as he will be making me and to be able to be in a photo
2. My youngest son (9) is starting to get heavy - we are all going to work as a family to become more active - not really possible for me when I get knackered after a 10 minute walk
3. I want to be able to buy clothes that I like and I want to feel comfortable buying something when my friends are there - not always trying to hide my size!
4. I want to be fitter
5. My PCOS will get better
6. Because I am worth it!!

Great thread - I feel I know you all much better

Number 5 is the same for me. I'm going to have it re-checked sometime. Number 6 is great!

Back