Why did we start?

even though at my biggest i was only size 14 i still have the same problem with my thighs, very sore, can never wear skirts so want to be at a weight where my thighs dont rub together and get really sore.

im a tattoo artist with no tattoos and getting my first one on june 4th right down my ribs so want to be able to enter it into competitions at tattoo conventions and look fab.

want to wear great clothes in a size 8-10. have never been that size.

want to prove to everyone i grew up with who bullied me im not the fat ugly one they said i was.

want the best bikini body imaginable.

have dieted before and always fallen short of my target so want to prove to myself i can do anything if i stick at it!!

also have just boughht a house with my boyfriend and have stopped snoring since dieting. before i was a very very bad snorer and now i hardly snore at all!

That gives me hope as I snore very badly so if I lose weight, hopefully the snoring will improve

Last edited:
Just found this thread. It's brilliant!

Ok my reasons are much the same as everyone elses.

I want to be fit enough to chase the kids around. I get tired after a couple of mins:sigh:

I want to look sexy in my undies. At the moment my arse looks like a giant fat pitted peach:sigh: and my belly hangs over my knickers:sigh:

I want to get rid of my ghastly bingo wings:rolleyes:

I'd love to wear a pair of shorts in the summer:(

I want to get rid of the awful back ache I get almost on a daily basis.

I also want to stop snoring. Hubby says he can hear me from downstairs when I go up early:eek:

I want to have any choice of clothes. Oh I'd love to own a pair of 501's lol

Oh and to stop waddling like a flipping duck:rolleyes:

- i want to feel sexier and more confident.
- i want to try for a baby within the next few years and don't want to morbidly obese and pregnant.
- i want to be healthier.
- i want to be able to shop in normal shops and not evans... i don't like the fact that my choice of clothes is black or hideous clown tops and shops like evans assume that because your fat you have no shape.
- i want to be fitter and be able to do sport with my fella.

*Bump* - this is such a great thread that I thought the newbies should read it too.

Hmmm, the is another one though, that I wrote on..... think it was a bigger thread, I'll try find it and then see if we can merge the two and put it as a sticky.

xxx

I do too, Ruthy copied and pasted from the other one to save her re-writing xxx

Well how interestin was that read :)

Well My main reason for loosing the weight is Im getting married in 18 mths... I had my daughter Molly nearly 7 yrs ago - lost weight whilst preg and then ballooned after - Had 2 daughter Iona nearly 2 yrs ago and it piled on again after havin her....

Talking to my mum one day she said she would pay for my wedding if I lost weight, I knew in my heart I HAD to do it, I was ill and felt crap all the time, thought my BF was ashamed to be seen with me, my friends (best friends) are size 8/10.... Hated buying clothes, tried to kid myself how big I was..

I have a few more stone to go BUT for now - I can run, so can play with kids, easier to get clothes, dont feel as embarrassed when out now that Im the fat gf or friend....

I WILL GET THERE AND I CANNOT WAIT....

:d
X

i like alternative style of clothes but they only come in small stick sizes, although i will never be 'that' small i realised that while i was with my ex partner of 5 years i had forgotten who i was and had piled on the pounds while sat at home waiting for him to come home at nights.

after spliting from him i had changed my hair and my clothes and remembered how to smile again but i hadnt done anything about my weight. i joined a kick boxing class which was fun and good exercise but i was still eating junk. then my other friend who is slightly bigger than me split with her fella and we decided to do something about our bad eating together and hopefully get all thin and sexy in the process.........and here we are a year into SW life

I was so fed up of being the fat one that everybody stared at when I entered the room. Added to that, I went on holiday to Egypt & Jordan in February, and was almost crippled with knee trouble due to a dodgy cartilage - since losing 4 stone I only get the occasional twinge! Oh and another reason ..... aircraft seats and those drop down tables.....I'd like to get the table down past my chest !! :D

hey my story!
i was bullied in school because this girl hated me and then i began to starve myself turning myself anorexic then in process of recovery i turned bullimic and EDNOS so for the past 5 years ive been strugling with all that but recently i hit rock bottom and the doctors and work and occupational health are all helping me and my weight goes from 7 stone to 13 stone my heavyest now! and now i think i AM DEFFINATELY going to get out all that **** and enjoy HEALTHY eating and loose weight and sort everything out at the same time and im determined :D sorry about the long post lol shuda cut it short!!!!
well done everyone we can sooooooo do this :)
xxx

Wow great thread everyone :)

My reasons are:
* I am desperate for another baby, a sibling for my son who is 9 months old. I have PCOS like some of you and combined with a couple of other problems we were told we probably would never get pregnant. God gave us a miracle in our little boy but I would like another miracle! I know that the other problems we've got can't be helped but the PCOS at least will get better if I am a healthy weight
* I know my husband wants a slim wife more than he wants anything else in the whole world! I am so blessed by him and I know he loves me dearly and I am perfect for him in every way apart from my body, if I can do this for him as well as for me then we will both be so much happier.
* I want it for all the 'shallow' reasons as well like nicer clothes, wolf whistles in the street instead of 'fat' comments. I'm a confident person and I've always been large, BMI makes me laugh because I'm so short that I have NEVER been a healthy BMI as I was on diets from at least the age of 8. I don't know what it feels like to be a slim person, my whole life I've been overweight. I know partly it's just the way I am but also it's because of how I've lived my life. I've enjoyed my life, I've enjoyed the food and I've put in many good hours munching on unhealthy stuff but now I'm a mother and now my weight has escalated I am preparing for a new phase: one that will result in me being a totally new person, a slim one!!

Emerald
X

Great thread!

I want to:
- stop snoring
- be able to join my husband when he goes off running - I would love to run a marathon with him eventually
- have the get up and go that my husband has
- be able to wear nice clothes and not be forever covering my fat stomach
- get undressed in front of my husband and not in the bathroom
- have sex with my husband and not keep shunning him because I hate myself and the way I look so much:(
- be able to look in a mirror and be happy

and so on and so on.... pathetic isn't it:sigh:

Great thread!

I want to:
- stop snoring
- be able to join my husband when he goes off running - I would love to run a marathon with him eventually
- have the get up and go that my husband has
- be able to wear nice clothes and not be forever covering my fat stomach
- get undressed in front of my husband and not in the bathroom
- have sex with my husband and not keep shunning him because I hate myself and the way I look so much:(
- be able to look in a mirror and be happy

and so on and so on.... pathetic isn't it:sigh:

not at all! sometimes i feel like a circus freak the size being the size i am! it doesn't help that my boyfriend is 10.5 - 11 stone!

Thanks Karen

My husband is about 11 stone, runs marathons, doesn't drink, smoke, drink caffeine only vice is chocolate - so how do I compete with that - by doing the opposite, which is what I do!!

I am now trying to completly change my mindset and not focus on my past and negative thoughts (which I have plenty). Tonight, I am off to see a Hypnotherpist who apparently can:

"use therapy that uses the powerful mind changing tools of hypnosis, NLP, CBT & EFT to promote rapid healing, personal development and positive change."

We shall see...

Where to start I was diagnoises in 1991 with Fibdromyalgia, this makes movement very painful and I don't have much energy some days. So the weight slowly went on & on untill in Feb this year I had a heart attack, this made me really think hard about my way of life. I stopped smoking and put on even more weight. I was talking to a friend and she goes to SW so suggested I went with her and I joined in June, things are going slowly but I'm fine with that as I know I can't exercise much just walk a little each day but I will get there!!!!!:D:D

Back