WHY DID YOU COMFORT EAT???

Janeasetler

This is my year!
I comfort ate to forget the fact my parents couldn't have loved me enough, which is why they married me off at 19. And the way I was treated by my in laws and husband.

xxx

:grouphugg:Oh how sad sending hugs to you!

I comfort ate to forget the fact that my boyf at the time was cheating on me almost every weekend for 4 1/2 years and I just let him. Never ever again I tell you lol!

I started when I lost my first baby got worse after i lost my second, when pregnant with my 3rd baby (now 6) I just ate what I wanted after thought I'd loose it but got pregnant again quickly with twins lost one but my daughter survived and is now 5 yrs old

It has taken years to get over loosing those babies and I always think of them x

Having tried to get/stay pregnant unsuccesfully for 11 years

My heart goes out to all of you:grouphugg:
I comfort ate to deal with issues around my adoption that caused depression for years.
Some things can never go away from our thoughts,we just somehow,hopefully,learn how to deal with it. I am now in a much happier place in my life:)

I comfort ate to get away from the fact my dad was a alcoholic who sometimes hit my mum, although u try and deal with it I don't think it will ever go away you just have to keep it under control x

I hope you all find the comfort and happiness you all deserve, your storys have all toched me as ive been a little blue today. As i became a foster carer a year ago and have been so lucky to have a beautiful little girl who is about to be adopted so i need to let her go. I knew it's 100% the best thing for her but it's harder than i ever thought possible! But it's realy isnt the end it's just the beginning!! And it is small compared to the things you have all been through in your lives and come back fighting!! Well done for your strength and i hope you find your comfort from within !!! Sorry for rant but only found our today!!

lizzielipps said:
I hope you all find the comfort and happiness you all deserve, your storys have all toched me as ive been a little blue today. As i became a foster carer a year ago and have been so lucky to have a beautiful little girl who is about to be adopted so i need to let her go. I knew it's 100% the best thing for her but it's harder than i ever thought possible! But it's realy isnt the end it's just the beginning!! And it is small compared to the things you have all been through in your lives and come back fighting!! Well done for your strength and i hope you find your comfort from within !!! Sorry for rant but only found our today!!

Bless u sweetie, you have given that little girl a very good year, and now she can move on with all the love u have given her in her heart, and u know you have given her the best of yourself xxxxxxxx

Well done to you all for making the change and starting the rest of your life.

I comfort ate because I was bullied a lot at school as a result of my skin condition, Icthyosis, I have this bad and it was not diagnosed until I was 29, now I have the diagnosis and the correct creams it is under control, as a result cannot have children as it could result in a harlequin baby.

I was called flaky and had the cadburys flake song sang at me in class everyday and my coat and stuff stolen and graffitied with flaky in big letters, I thought there was never a chance a man would ever want me and so hid in my room with books and food.

I have a very bad relationship with food.

I grew up in a house where there was not much love and listening to things my dad said to my mum about her weight; fat cow, fat this fat that, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Then when I got to about 13 he turned that on me, you will just be like your mother blah blah.

So I ate ...... in secret... and anytime someone let me down I ate ...in secret.

When I was at my happiest after my 3 rd son I lost a lot of weight and kept it off until my husband cheated on me with my friend at a party ( a one nighter) :cry:

Things are still a bit strange, but we are making plans and coming through it.

I put on a lot after that my confidence and security was shot. I couldn't leave the house for fear of seeing her.

2009 I decided enough was enough and joined sw in nov 09.

By April I had lost 4 stone and decided to go to spain to see my parents, the first thing my dad said "you look pregnant" my mum said well if you lost 4 stone you must have been "some size" and that was the first of the critiscm I got, it lasted days until I snapped.

my mum kicked me and my son out and we were left alone in the hills of spain trying to get to central Alicante.

My mum has told people lies about me, humiliated me, called me worse than ****, told my husband he has never achieved anything and said awful things about each one of my sons just after they were born.

I have not seen them since or talked to them. However, I got back from spain and struggled again with food once again my confidence gone.

You would think with all the things my dad said about her she would be a bit more careful about using spiteful words, but she gets a kick out of it.

Now my head is right I see light at the end of the dark and will no longer let them spoil it for me.

My mums mum is the most beautiful woman I have ever known and I love her so much. How can I woman like this give birth to my mother.

Wasn't going to put all that but it just kept flowing :sigh:

I have to stop letting other people dictate the way my life will go and start living for me. I do get hurt easy I think i'm just programmed that way.

Thanks

Well done to you all for making the change and starting the rest of your life.

I comfort ate because I was bullied a lot at school as a result of my skin condition, Icthyosis, I have this bad and it was not diagnosed until I was 29, now I have the diagnosis and the correct creams it is under control, as a result cannot have children as it could result in a harlequin baby.

I was called flaky and had the cadburys flake song sang at me in class everyday and my coat and stuff stolen and graffitied with flaky in big letters, I thought there was never a chance a man would ever want me and so hid in my room with books and food.

Small narrow minded people can be so rude and nasty, so pleased for you getting a diagnosis and being able to move on a little!! don't let the bullies win, they are the losers things can turn around as you get older, i was bullied at school and hate anyone who bullies others and can't help but make a stand against them even though it can get me in hot water sometimes!! stood up to a real nasty peace of work in my last job and even though it wasn't easy i felt i got one up on her and she left everyone alone for quite some time!! all the best liz

soccermom said:
I have a very bad relationship with food.

I grew up in a house where there was not much love and listening to things my dad said to my mum about her weight; fat cow, fat this fat that, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Then when I got to about 13 he turned that on me, you will just be like your mother blah blah.

So I ate ...... in secret... and anytime someone let me down I ate ...in secret.

When I was at my happiest after my 3 rd son I lost a lot of weight and kept it off until my husband cheated on me with my friend at a party ( a one nighter) :cry:

Things are still a bit strange, but we are making plans and coming through it.

I put on a lot after that my confidence and security was shot. I couldn't leave the house for fear of seeing her.

2009 I decided enough was enough and joined sw in nov 09.

By April I had lost 4 stone and decided to go to spain to see my parents, the first thing my dad said "you look pregnant" my mum said well if you lost 4 stone you must have been "some size" and that was the first of the critiscm I got, it lasted days until I snapped.

my mum kicked me and my son out and we were left alone in the hills of spain trying to get to central Alicante.

My mum has told people lies about me, humiliated me, called me worse than ****, told my husband he has never achieved anything and said awful things about each one of my sons just after they were born.

I have not seen them since or talked to them. However, I got back from spain and struggled again with food once again my confidence gone.

You would think with all the things my dad said about her she would be a bit more careful about using spiteful words, but she gets a kick out of it.

Now my head is right I see light at the end of the dark and will no longer let them spoil it for me.

My mums mum is the most beautiful woman I have ever known and I love her so much. How can I woman like this give birth to my mother.

Wasn't going to put all that but it just kept flowing :sigh:

I have to stop letting other people dictate the way my life will go and start living for me. I do get hurt easy I think i'm just programmed that way.

Thanks

(((hugs))) sounds like we all have issues as they say lol but in all seriousness well done for letting it all out! It's unhealthy to bottle everything up xxxxxxx

Small narrow minded people can be so rude and nasty, so pleased for you getting a diagnosis and being able to move on a little!! don't let the bullies win, they are the losers things can turn around as you get older, i was bullied at school and hate anyone who bullies others and can't help but make a stand against them even though it can get me in hot water sometimes!! stood up to a real nasty peace of work in my last job and even though it wasn't easy i felt i got one up on her and she left everyone alone for quite some time!! all the best liz

I have been off work with anxiety and stress for 4 months because of a bully, and I am 50 in May:sigh:
However recently decided "I am better than her" and intend going back to work soon and showing her I will no longer let her intimidate me:p

I thought I had it bad, it's good to see other members opening up, I hope this helps you to see your not alone.

I feel for everyone here, I've sincerely been touched. I hope by sharing your story here we can all support each other in becoming strong.

xxxx

Back