why didnt I get slimmer of the month?

Yes ours only goes to those that stay to group.
I think the correct way to do it though is to award the certificate to the person who has lost the most (as long as lost or Maintained) the week before and then to raffle off the basket. we have done it that way sometimes but usually just give it to the biggest loser who stays.

jenxy said:
"Forgets"? Or doesn't want to fork out for a wee prize ? mmmm

Prize?? We don't get a prize! We get a certificate and a sticker!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

What about a magnet, we get sticker, magnet and certificate and basket for sotw. The same for Sotm without the basket.

Well we must be lucky, ours pays for a prize, nothing huge, but it's always a little something. She is lovely tho.

jenxy said:
Well we must be lucky, ours pays for a prize, nothing huge, but it's always a little something. She is lovely tho.

Our c is lovely too tho, but she buys fab raffle prizes :D

I didnt get a cert or magnent last month :( lol she ran out

though when she does junes one im going to ask if i could have mine I want my magnet lol

My C always makes us go through the criteria for SoW before handing it out - so this is why I know its -

1. Can't be your first week
2. Can't be on the back of a gain (i.e. you have to have lost or STS the week before)
3. You must have stayed to class

All members bring in a free food item for a basket of goodies that's awarded to SoW along with a Certificate and Shiny Sticker :D I'd be demanding mine if I were you Sheepy19!!

My C always makes us go through the criteria for SoW before handing it out - so this is why I know its -

1. Can't be your first week
2. Can't be on the back of a gain (i.e. you have to have lost or STS the week before)
3. You must have stayed to class

All members bring in a free food item for a basket of goodies that's awarded to SoW along with a Certificate and Shiny Sticker :D I'd be demanding mine if I were you Sheepy19!!

thanks for replying, but I'm wondering about slimmer of the month. Do you know anything about that?

Slimming World Criteria for slimmer of the month is the person who has lost the most weight in the month but if it is their first month the first weeks weight is halved.

What was your weight loss the first week,

The PDA works it out and gives the consultant a list.
As for prizes etc that depends on the consultant and the size of the group. Every group should get certificates and stickers.

I was a bit put out last night too - I have done 9lb this month and we have a ***MAN*** at group who never stays, waltzes in, weighs and goes - he lost 14lbs ... 9 of which were his first week and he got SOTM.
I'm a bit sad cos I love the stickers!! They are my motivation.

when I went to group sow or som always went to the ones who met criteria and stayed to class unless they had to weigh and go that week as some did work occasional or had to go but normally stayed so they did get it as we agreed that was only fair. If they never stayed then they did not get it simples :)

I think you'll find that who actually gets SOTW or SOTM is not at the C's discretion at all, but is worked out by the system.

If that person doesn't stay to group, different C's then work differently as to who actually gets the SOW basket / any prize that is due to them.

Some of them give it to the next best loser, some of them give it to someone who otherwise has done something amazing, and some raffle it off.
But taking the basket home doesn't make you officially SOTW!

I think it works like this
As with slimmer of the week you have to have lost or maintained the week before to get it and so can't get it for your first week
As you only joined on 1st you hadn't had a loss/ maintain from the week before to qualify you for the som
Hope that makes sense

Thats not true! I got SOM on a 2lb gain

The system is not always right my brother got 2stone but the pda didnt recognise it the C worked it out and corrected it

I'm really confused by all this Slimmer of the week/month stuff. I don't get why people get annoyed about not winning. If you are still losing each week who cares if you get a basket full of sthff that no one else wants, and a trophy you have to give back! Its the last thing that motivates me. Its not a competition after all. Am i missing something?

I'm really confused by all this Slimmer of the week/month stuff. I don't get why people get annoyed about not winning. If you are still losing each week who cares if you get a basket full of sthff that no one else wants, and a trophy you have to give back! Its the last thing that motivates me. Its not a competition after all. Am i missing something?

Its not about the basket of stuff or trophy (not that I'v heard of people getting one), its about your hardwork being recognised. And I don't think anyone here has said they're annoyed at not getting it, just confused as to how to qualify. Are you just put out that you've not got SOTW/SOTM?

sheepy19 said:
Its not about the basket of stuff or trophy (not that I'v heard of people getting one), its about your hardwork being recognised. And I don't think anyone here has said they're annoyed at not getting it, just confused as to how to qualify. Are you just put out that you've not got SOTW/SOTM?

Not really sure what i said to deserve that kind of response & if you had read all my post you wouls have seen me ask a question about whether i was missing something here? I merely asked a question. I think you'll also find that if you title your thread 'why didn't i win ....' it is at least implied that you are slightly annoyed abour not winning.

Maybe i just don't require the validation of my group to know i'm doing a good job.

Your final comment is not even worthy of a response.

That'd how our consultant does sow, out only goes to the people who stay to group x

Ours too - you have to stay for SOW and SOM award.

Sometimes I feel a bit silly at my age, getting so excited about a little shiny sticker, but it really does motivate me as I'm only 4 weeks into my SW journey. 3 SOW's so far and 1 SOM. Mind you, I have a looooooooooong way to go!
;)

Back