why didnt I get slimmer of the month?

I must say I look forward to the say when I get a SOW or SOM :)

I'm really confused by all this Slimmer of the week/month stuff. I don't get why people get annoyed about not winning. If you are still losing each week who cares if you get a basket full of sthff that no one else wants, and a trophy you have to give back! Its the last thing that motivates me. Its not a competition after all. Am i missing something?

No, I don't think you are missing something, I would agree with you. I don't really mind whether I win or not, although I am always very pleased for the person who does. And I know it does mean a lot for some people and I am not decrying that.

I must say that the things in our basket are usually pretty good. One person regularly puts a small bunch of flowers in, which is a nice touch. (The other week our consultant said "please don't eat the daffodils - I have no idea of the syn value!")

On the odd occasion when I have won and there have been things in the basket that I wouldn't eat, I have shared it out with the other members.

I have heard consultants muttering about the problems that the electronic system has caused with SOTW and SOTM - there are errors and anomalies, it seems. There is a feeling among some consultants that the way in which the electronic system works takes away their freedom to decide some things for themselves. Like some time ago when our consultant - with the enthusiastic approval of everyone else, I should add - gave the SOTW award and basket to someone who had only lost half a pound, but she had given up smoking the week before, having smoked all her life, and was really struggling. We were all impressed with her loss!!

(And by the way, not everyone realises that the consultant has to pay for the stickers, the certificates, and the fridge magnets, out of his or her earnings.)

Back