Why do I listen to the little voice???

sarahb2

Why do I listen to the little voice in my head that stops my willpower??? :confused:This voice is I know evil and is out to kill me!!! I have managed 3 days so far uptill tea time that is!! then the little voice said "Sarah it's ok to have a chicken salad". And I fully justifyed why I could eat it. Why oh why am I such a weak and pathetic individual? I'm an ordinarilly confident and out going person with a confident personality so why do I fail every time? I'm trying this for about the 6th time. The only way I can think of myself is selfish. If I do not loose this weight I will die. Can I be so cruel, heartless, uncaring and any more selfish than to think that I actually love bread and butter and chocolate to my children who will have no mum if I carry on like this. Anyone else do this????:cry:

Stop being so hard on yourself. What you are trying to do is hard. Is it essential for you that you don't eat food? If you are not at the right place in your head to do sole source at the moment would it not be ok to add a healthy low cal low carb meal in the evening? That's what I'm doing this time as I am not in a state of mind that will allow me to go sole source. I have lost 5.5 lb this week - true not as much as I could - but still a loss. If doing this is making you so down on yourself maybe switch plan? I think a chicken salad is healthy and will still allow you to lose weight.
Whatever you decide you ARE NOT weak you ARE NOT pathetic - you are courageous and you do love your children. You will lose weight - but you maybe need to set yourself up for success first.
Ignore me if I am making no sense or if what I say is not helping - but do remember there are lots of people on here who care. Take care.
Caroline

I know how you feel Sarah, I gave in to the little devil that was sitting on my shoulder today telling me: 'You're not feeling very well, have something nice, you deserve it....' And I stuffed my face. I didn't deserve it at all - that's the whole point of doing this diet!!!!! I was feeling rubbish to start with because of this bloody throat infection I've got at the mo, I feel 10 times worse now I've been nibbling most of the day :(

Thanks both of you. It is hard and I need to just get a grip of myself. I'll keep plodding on. On a positive note I think I have realised that I'm and emotional eater, had a bit of a rubbish day too. Thanks both of you. x

Hope you're ok Sarah - we shall pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and start over...After all, tomorrow is another day :) x

Sarah

I do that ALL THE TIME. That little bloody voice takes over and for about a half hour (while stuffing my face with food) I truly belive that it doesnt matter, that I deserve it. And then I realise what Ive done. You know sometimes I think I have a split personality...

I don't know if its emotional eating, passive agressive activity towards myself or what. havent ever been able to work it out. But success breeds success. Get through one week. tie your hand behind your back if you have to. After the first week there is too much to lose to go back.

Belle.

Back