Why do I want to bake?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by vj, 30 January 2010 Social URL.

1. vj

vj Regular Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(8.67%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    What a silly urge to have! I only re-started cd on Wed, then:
    On Wednesday, I roasted a chicken and didn't have any.
    On Thursday dd & I made teddy bear biscuits which the family have enjoyed. i didn't even taste the dough.
    On Friday, I cooked Salmon pasta for dh to eat yesterday & today.
    Today I want to make banana bread, which I love & (used to) snack on all the time.
    Maybe I just want the smell wafting around the house. It is a way to keep busy but with food. Or, I just want to know I can resist temptation.
    Hope it passes, lol!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. X_Tasha_X

X_Tasha_X Silver Member

Wow you are very brave cooking all them wonderfull foods!! Well done on not eating anything :D!! I just cooked some rice crispy cakes and i am very happy with myself :D Its weird how you can still be around food and not want to eat, its great i like it :) xxx

4. lancslass53

lancslass53 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1lb(26.27%)
    Diet:
    CD
    since being on CD ive really enjoyed cooking and baking for the rest of the family, im always looking through my cook books to see what i can make for them, even dusted off my bread maker the other day, the smell through the house was gorgeous

5. NewDawn

NewDawn Bring on the trumpets

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(8.18%)
    Yeah I feel compelled to bake for some unknown reason.....have a compulsion to make scones...I never bake...LOL.

I made a savoury flan for our team meeting at work......it didn't bother me when others were tucking in......maybe I am a 'feeder' and I didn't know until now...fatten everyone up...while I slim down :D

6. loulou6

loulou6 Member

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st2lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(15.49%)
    I know how you feel, I have just signed up for a cookery course even though I won't be able to taste anything I am cooking.

I did CD 2 years ago and lost 4 stone, but I didnt really learn any lessons, and I put all the weight back on. This time I want to make changes in my life, I want to know how to cook (my husband usually does all the cooking) and I want to know more about food how to eat healthy food and only having naughty things in moderation etc.

So for me, starting to learn to cook is the next step for me, after I lose all the weight, this is part of the process of keeping it off.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.