Why do Original or Green if you can do EE?

I find it easier to do red and green as struggle to work out how much is 1/3 and 2/3 and struggle to eat so much fruit and veg, also like the having 2 hea's and heb's, do try about 1 ee day a week so can have rice/pasta and meat.

I just like the variety of swapping plans. It's really flexible and I like the extra hea and heb on red/mix2max days.

if i do green its usually because i realise im not eating any meat that day/dont want meat that day....and by doing green i get an extra a+b....plus a bit of a break from the 1/3 superfree without feeling guilty,lol!!!

I stick to red & green mainly as again thats what worked for me. I always had consistant losses even right to the end when I called target. Lots in my group seemed to have lots of STS or 0.5lb/1lb losses which is fine & I am not saying its not good losses at all - a loss is a loss at the end of the day IMO but I'd get 2/3/4lbs losses each week.

I have done the occasional day now of ee & again I am never sure if I am managing the 1/3 superfree rule so I tend to stick to what i know. At the end of the day I tend to use one of my b's on potatoes anyway so I still get a mix of meat & carbs :)

My reason is the same as mod-karen's. Although I'm not a veggie, I rarely eat meat. I do have EE days if I'm eating out or going to someone elses for a meal or if I fancy having some fish or meat that day.

I tend to stick with EE days as that was being pushed at the time I joined in July. I have the occasional Green day if I'm not having meat or fish or only want a small amount of it and then use it as 2nd HEB. I didn't have a huge amount to lose, about a stone and got to target a while ago having had mainly 0.5 and 1lb losses each week. Quite happy with that as I reckon it went on slowly so better for it come off slowly, IYSWIM.

Denise

I do extra easy usually but find I can't have too many carbs as I don't lose as much, so I should prob do red days as it's much better for me for weight loss but like to have the options there

Im not a big meat eater so Green works well for me most days however I like EE days for when I want to combine my meat and carbs...
Like spag bol, cottage pie or chilli. Then I will have unlimited amounts of both meat and potatoes/pasta.

I like my Green days though for the extra healthy extras where I tend to use them on bread or cereal bars. xxx

I started on EE with slow losses - combination, I think, of over-carbing and not managing the 1/3 superfree regularly enough.

I gave Red/Green a try and my losses sped up loads - I love the extra Hex A/Hex B, and as another poster said, don't have to feel guilty about missing out the 1/3 superfree!

I do red and green for reasons ; I like the 4 HEX, I believe when doing EE the 1/3 superfree should be 1/3 of your plate (as opposed to the whole day) and depending on what I want to have it's just not convenient! Also I've always done red and green and EE seems too good to be true I guess I'm scared of doing it and not losing! I guess we all do what works for us!

Me too!
However, since New Year I've been EE... hope I have a good loss!!

When I rejoined SW on 6/12/10 I stuck to EE and have had good losses (apart from xmas)
Yesterday and today I have had green days but I am finding it difficult to use up 2 HEX as I am so used to just 1.
Will start back on EE tomorrow and probably stick at it. :D

Thanks again to everyone for their replies. A lot of you said it's the extra HE's that kept you in the original/green days and some said it's cause you're not meat fans.

Some also said that carbing made them small losses - I found that too mainly when I ate tons of pasta/couscous or wheat based carbs! I found that if I swap pasta for potatoes/rice/polenta (ie - carb that isn't wheat based) I still had good losses. I always found wheat products either gave me the windypops (sorry for TMI) and bloated me out.

I was just curious as to everyone's opinions, thanks again everone for sharing! Whatever the plan, Original, Green or EE, SW Rocks! :D

Some also said that carbing made them small losses - I found that too mainly when I ate tons of pasta/couscous or wheat based carbs! I found that if I swap pasta for potatoes/rice/polenta (ie - carb that isn't wheat based) I still had good losses. I always found wheat products either gave me the windypops (sorry for TMI) and bloated me out.

This is the issue I'm currently having, so I've decided to leave off the bread and pasta for the time being, or at least greatly reduce the amount I have.

I've been on and off SW since 1999, and was mostly green prior to the EE plan. Now I'm mostly EE (love chicken and fish mainly), maybe with the odd green day thrown in: extra HE's are a definite plus. I'd actually like to do more red days (I can see how mostly protein and veg would create bigger losses) and see how my losses compare.

The most I've ever lost in a week on a green week is 11.5lbs. On an EE week, it's 8.5lbs. Haven't done a red week yet.

Back