Why do we focus on the negatives?

Caroline83

Well last night I got home from my week 6 weigh in and have lost another 4 lbs which makes a total of 33 lbs in 6 weeks which is amazing. I should have been on top of the world but instead I sat and cried because I only lost 1 3/4 inches. I don't understand why I do this to myself! please tell me I'm not the only one :(

I also decided it would be a fantastic idea to measure myself in case I am actually a bit taller than I thought which was disastrous because it turns out I'm half an inch shorter than I thought which made me bubble again. I wish I could just be happy with what I have achieved so far.

Aww, don't get disheartened! That loss is amazing, you might be losing it from everywhere equally, which is why you haven't seen the reduction in inches, but the scales don't lie over 6 weeks. That's a brilliant achievement & you should be so proud of yourself, I would be!

ok, so you may have not lost lots in inches, but think of all the internal fat ur burning up! you can be really skinny but still have 50% body fat - primarily around ur insides. maybe get what iv got, and get a scales that measures body fat also. if ur not seeing it in inches, youl definatly see those digits going down!!

i am very much a negative person, so i am trying to change my out look, keep smiling, i no its difficult but you will see the results you are looking for
good luck
xx

Well done that is a fab loss you are doing so well....the inches will take care of themselves....don't lose faith you'll be fine.

I've noticed before that some weeks you get inch loss but hardly any change in weight - and some weeks you get a fairly big loss in weight but very little loss in inches. It's very strange. :)

You'd think the two things would happen together, but they don't. Of course, what's probably happening is that you've lost weight from the parts you aren't measuring - like your knees, or your chin!

Of course, what's probably happening is that you've lost weight from the parts you aren't measuring - like your knees, or your chin!

They are 2 of the best places to lose from! ;)

Back