Why do we leave when we get target and then come back heavier than when we started?

Nini74

Just curious really - I've done it and I know lots of people who've done it too. I lost 3 stone with SW about 10 years ago - then just stopped going every week, thought I could handle it myself :)4633:)

Came back and started again, and again, and again over the years. Eventually decided, when I'd had my baby that i could not lose weight on my own at home (lost 2 stone on my own but then hit that brick wall and couldn't cope), so I joined a local group a year ago and am now a target member. But I think now that there is no way i'd ever be daft enough to stop going to group, stop monitoring my weight and stop getting the support, as i know that it would soon start creeping on and on and on. But why didn't I realise that in the first place?:confused:

Thats y its advised to pop to group a couple of times a month to keep on track and keep an eye on ur weight think when ppl reach target they feel invinsible....awesome that you're back at target and know what went wrong last time :D x

I totally agree with you Nini74. I took target last week and still went along to weigh-in as usual this week. I would really miss my group if I didn't go. I always stay to the 'image therapy' bit and find there is always something interesting to spur me on, especially the taster nights, so many lovely ideas! I have got to know some really lovely people there and I want to stay in touch. We also have a great Facebook community for all the local SW groups.

I don't think I will ever be able to 'leave' SW now. I know I would find it really hard by myself. I have struggled all my life with my weight (I am 65 now) and have lost weight so many times before, by myself and also with Weight Watchers in the past, but I have never managed to keep it off. I am really hoping that with the help of my group, this time it will be different! It is really easy to just slip back into all those bad habits when we feel we are no longer accountable. We think we have done it and then we become a bit lazy and complacent, I know I have!

Well done on your weight-loss and good luck with keeping it off! :D

Back