Why does CD provoke such negative reactions?

Yeah I saw this, glad somebod who understands it is writing about it. :)

I went to a barbeque saturday and people were remarking at me not eating, I just said i'd eaten before I got there and would eat when I got home.
Ive got really interested in food and the mentallity behind getting overweight + exercise and stuff, which has left a few people ive known a while a bit lost as I was allways munching something with a beer in my hand.
I did hear a comment along the lines of "you are in trouble when you start watching your health" which did anoy me(jealous git). Had to bite my tongue but as my main reason to diet was being told I wouldnt make it to 40 if I didnt lose it I know I did right, I havnt really told people this as its my business.

Badger1980 - you have lost an amazing amount, it really is people like you on the boards that make all the difference because you see that others can and have done it.

I do think that friends/family like to label you and when you do something to change that label it takes them a while to adjust, my mum who lost 7 stone on LL found it took people a year before they stopped saying she looked i'll or that the weight loss didn't suit her which is crazy as she was at her fittest and healthiest.

My pleasure Cicerone :)

I've printed it out and show it to any of my clients who find it difficult to know how to answer friends/family who criticise the diet. I think reading something like this article, which is written by an independent and well-respected nutritionist, says far more than anything I can tell them myself.

I just wanted to add my congratulations to Badger too. Well done you! :D

Back