Why Does Everything Taste Like Powder??

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by diamond787, 3 November 2007 Social URL.

1. diamond787

diamond787 Full Member

Hi Everyone Just Signed Up On Day 2, Doing Okay, But The Soups Are Horrid, Tried Nearly Everyone, I Dont Mind The Shakes, But I Cant Seem To Finish The Soups...

And Id Also Like To Know From Anyones Experience Do You Actually Get To Your Goal??

Thanx
    Diamond

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. kopcat

kopcat Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st5lb
    Current Weight:
    8st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Lost(%):
    2st6lb(21.38%)
    Diet:
    Now: High protein/sensible eating
    Are you using a mixer/blender for your soups? I haven't noticed any powder taste at all....love the broccoli and cheese and the oriental chilli :D If you're not blending them, I'd give that a go :)

Not anywhere near goal yet, but I will be!!

4. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    Hi Diamond

Welcome to CD and Minis! The soups can be an acquired taste but they do grow on you. Some people just live on shakes though so you could always try that. Lots of people around on here that are at goal or very near.

Good luck and look forward to hearing about your first WI!

Georgie
    x

5. saffron

saffron Gold Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet
    I havent noticed a powder taste either with the soups,but did use a electric blender/mixer thingy on them.
    Yes getting to goal can be done, and maintaing goal weight can be done too
    I am very close to being at my goal weight

6. diamond787

diamond787 Full Member

Wow Thanxs Guys,

firstly for replying so quick.. yeah i do have a blender, maybe coz im missing solid food, but the soups do have an after taste, so i try to drink as much water after
    wards to wash it down, tummy is grumbling constantly...

Diamond x

7. kerrie30

kerrie30 Member

It will pass, honestly and you do get used to the soups and shakes. I think they are absolutely delish and actually look forward to them, and not because I am starving.

Keep at it, I lost nearly 12 pounds on my first WI this week. It is so worth seeing those scales go down

Good Luck

8. diamond787

diamond787 Full Member

Cool, Thanx Kerrie.. Im Actually Not Feeling That Hungry, Funny Enough, But Very Tired, 12 Pounds is really Good, Well Done..

9. excesspounds

excesspounds Full Member

Hi dIAMOND
    I put 300mls of water and lots of ice cubes in my shakes and use a good blender and they come out yummy. I use a hand wisk for the soups and put 300mls of water into them as well - I love the veg - just had one

I'm on week 3
    week 1 - 5pounds
    week 2 - 7pounds

Best wishes

10. kirsty2012

kirsty2012 is gonna shine in 2009

Start Weight:
    19st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st9lb(29.48%)
    Diet:
    ww
    i love the soups, but don't use a hand blender cos frothy soup is just wrong lol. So i mix it into a paste in a cup with a little water then keep adding water and stirring and it makes a lovely thick soup

11. excesspounds

excesspounds Full Member

I probably described using a hand wisk for the soups wrongly - frothy soup yuck. I just use it to blend the water with the powder and then into a cup - yummy

12. diamond787

diamond787 Full Member

Thanx Guys I Try All Your Suggestions...

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.