Why eat in secret?

Oh yes Cheb. I can relate to that.

Also, I eat in private because that's what I do. It's one of my habits. As soon as the house is empty, I can (or should I say "I could") be found rummaging.

Sometimes I planned for it. Really annoyed if they changed their plans and had a night in :(

Ooh yes I do that too, sometimes I plan a feast and wait for everyone to go to bed while I stay up late and eat and eat!

Why???? Umm not sure, habit as you say or simply a nice treat.

A nice treat (plus everything else:rolleyes:) Needed something special now I'm alone. Something to relax too. Fags, food, [strike]sex.[/strike]

:D

Now I have ....ummm....nuffink:confused:

I think most of us here must have a time or two in our lives.
I have to admit I have.
My husband is thin and our meals are very healthy, He eats crisps and cookies I dont.....
well , that anyone knows about
not one cookie, the whole box I have to hid it once I start.same with crisps
I would run off to the store and and replace them before he came home.he would never know
I have never been so honest with all of this.
I havent gained any weight since we have been married [ a good thing ]
But this is all in the past I understand it all so much better now.
I am getting near my goal and I plan to live a GL life style, so I can have a bit of dark choc now and again eat good food and keep my blood suger levels stable.so I wont want to bindge. Its all about choices.
XXXXXXX 10

I plan to live a GL life style, so I can have a bit of dark choc now and again eat good food and keep my blood suger levels stable.so I wont want to bindge. Its all about choices.
XXXXXXX 10

I think the GI diet really helps bingeing attacks. I incorporate some of the ideas into my diet, but not a lot to be honest. I think the problem is I want to eat 'normally' and I just love most of the high GI foods. Pasta, potatoes, red meat, parsnips for instance.

For me, it just wouldn't work. I'd feel deprived. Okay for losing weight, but I couldn't do it forever. That's just me. Sure it'll work for others....depends what your tastes are.

This is why I've had to find alternative ways of controlling the bingeing.

It's funny - I had muesli for breakfast plus some granary/cranberry bread and a banana.

Everyone has gone out - I'm in the house alone and just sitting here planning what I can pig out on in secret.

BUT - I'm just too full!

How rude is that!!! lol

I think we eat in secret because we kid ourselves that if nobody sees it, it didn't happen.

When I started the Food Philosophy, eating 'naughty' food in front of my husband was one of the hardest things for me. I can do it now...and it makes a difference!

As someone who has a deep-rooted bulimia, I would say that I eat in secret as part and parcel of this but I think it does go deeper than that. If I am found out, I'll be stopped.... If I'm seen then it will validate people's assumptions of me as a greedy cow... that kind of thing!

Back