Why have I put weight on?

Bess

Plod, plod, plod.....
I've been 100% SS+ and was really amazed so find that I'd put 1lb on this week, on Monday.:confused: It could be TOTM I suppose, but nothing as yet. The inches were still going and I checked the following morning and am still in ketosis. I've just had a look through other posts but couldn't find anyone who had actually put weight on - anyone know what might have happened?

It might be water retention hun. Don't get too despondant about it. If the inches are going and you are being 100% then you can't NOT lose weight. I bet you're in for a great loss next week :) Drink lots of water and dont let it get you down xx

Ummm Bess. Disappointing for you eh :( It can happen for all sorts of reasons. Fat leaves the fat cells and the space is refilled with water. You then get a whoosh effect when the water does finally release.

I also notice you've had some fab weeks so it could be your body taking stock of what's happened.

Both things are very common phenomenas. It could be that last weeks weigh in was a little on the low side. Perhaps drank less water before the weigh in, or lost more the night before.

Whatever...in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't make any difference. Keep 100% and you lose fat. What the scales say don't always reflect what's happening.

Congratulations on a very successful week :clap:

Hi bess, although KD has answered you perfectly, i just thought I add in something i noticed too which may also account, on wk 3 your loss was smaller due to TOTM and that was exactly 4 weeks ago so would it be right that your TOTM is due again now? this could also account for extra water retention maybe.

But don't worry too much as KD said keep to 100% and it will show on the scales too eventually.

xx

Hi bess, although KD has answered you perfectly, i just thought I add in something i noticed too which may also account, on wk 3 your loss was smaller due to TOTM and that was exactly 4 weeks ago so would it be right that your TOTM is due again now? this could also account for extra water retention maybe.

Good point!

lelly and kd rock! Bess don't worry about it, it will come off if you are 100%, it can't not!

Go Girl! As was said in 'Finding Nemo' ...Just keep swimming, just keep swimming!!

lol - hope you've seen it xx

I'm swimming.....I'm swimming!!!! Thanks everyone for all the advice, fingers crossed for next week!

It will come off it's just your body having a little lie down while it gets used to slim rations.

Try not to dwell on it, go out buy yourself some new clothes, measure yourself, go out and pull a mysterious stranger anything to reward yourself for all your hard work x

Youve done amazing. I lost 12.25lbs in my first week then just 0.25lb in my 2nd week so your ahead on my. I am hoping for a big loss this week though. Fingers crossed, let me know how you get on next week x

Hi Dreamer, just about to update my weight - 4lbs off this week! And I saw some very good friends who I haven't seen for a couple of months - they were suitably astounded by how I looked and couldn't stop staring at me all evening (nicely!) :D. Very good for the ego!!

Cankster - I gave the stranger pulling a miss - I'm very happily married! Mind you if George Cloony came along I may have a hard time remembering that! But I did go out and buy some new clothes today ! :)

Hi Bess, I have had such a bad time, so my 1st week i did 12.5lbs and then 2nd week 1/4 lb and then when i went to get weighed Mon only 1.5lb making almost a stone. My scales at home make it 1st 4lb which of course is better. My CDC was funny though she said that her scales must be broken so as long as it was a loss not to go by her scales for the amount and her first weigh in of the day gained a stone while he was at her house just by getting on and off the scales 4times. I am finding it really hard this time round and do miss food. Are you have 3shakes and a 200cal meal? I was thinking may be if I start excercising I may add the 200cal meal to me diet, what do you think? Also, I have been having milk in my tea and thats been knocking my ketosis levels down so I have stopped that now. Hopefully on Monday I will be 3lb lighter and as happy as larry!!!! xxxx

Dreamer, I think you've done so well - you've lost at least a stone in three weeks right? How could you not be pleased? Most people take four weeks to do that - you've done brilliantly!!!:)
Yes I have three Cambridge meals - porridge, a shake and a bar and I also have a small protein and salad/green veg meal in the evening. I don't exercise particularly, but I live in the countryside and am fairly active in my normal life.
Don't be downhearted, I think you've done really well. Your CDC sounds a bit dopey though, she should have a good set of scales!

Back