Why I am Doing This & Why I Must Stop Mucking About!!!

Thanks Missleo, I hope to get there by Xmas, but not sure if will.

Just given myself another wake up call.

I downloaded that fabulous spreadsheet/graph that SteveM created.

I have put my last weeks weight loss of 4lbs in - fantastic. It said I would be at goal by December 13th. However, after mucking about for a week I put in my 2lb gain of this week and now my goal date is SEPTEMBER 2008. FFS!!!

I also worked out that CD costs me £6 a day, so each day I eat I am just chucking £6 immediately down the drain, and possibly more depending if I'm knocked out of ketosis and take 2-3 days to get back in!!

Not acceptable!!!

Gotta get this sorted!!!

you WILL do it again, you really know this time has to be it, i think doing all your maths is just compounding that for you.
you rock whatever weight you are, but i know you'll be happier back where you were & then you'll REALLY ROCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
xx :)

Hi Sarah
I think sometimes , crist till christmas doing CD ... then i say if i don't i will be battling weight for how long it will take , and really i've done that game of eating and CD its just so slow and i'm not really getting anywhere by doing that . , now, we always say if only, don't we ? well its now a case of don't look back at that just get into it and stay into it till the finishing line . Really i'm looking at this a stone a month . Sept 08 , no way . Where is the spreadsheet , i'll go download that . This diet does stop you in things like going to pubs and eating out really cos you can't have the things you want but its short term only . Did you say you have 3 stone togo ? I was like you , thinking i know i have to do it , i've looked at peoples posts on here looked at the ticker and said , that could of been me , but it wasn't , i could of been there now , but to much messing about ,so now i hope i'm there by Xmas but its still a milestone away on CD but hey i'm going for it . What do you think makes you go and eat , and what sort of time is it you do it ? I can only say i hope you find that path to go full CD very soon as its upsetting you cos you to think times slipping and money wasted , Good luck girl . We won't be happy until we are where we need to be !

Hey Sarah,
Glad you are finding some motivation in the figures , but dont be too hard on yourself. Money you have spent on yourself to help you get slim is NEVER a waste of money , its important for you on so many levels. People who spend lots of dough on gadgets , or holidays or partaying dont see it as waste they see it as reward for hard work , and you have been working very hard to fund it and whilst successfully losing weight too, its just you are struggling a bit now thats all.
I think if you had spent that much money trying to help someone you love to achieve thier dream even if they didnt achieve all they wanted you woudnt see it as a waste , so keep chasing your dream Sarah, cos you will get there , and I think you deserve it.

Hi Sarah
I think sometimes , crist till christmas doing CD ... then i say if i don't i will be battling weight for how long it will take , and really i've done that game of eating and CD its just so slow and i'm not really getting anywhere by doing that . , now, we always say if only, don't we ? well its now a case of don't look back at that just get into it and stay into it till the finishing line . Really i'm looking at this a stone a month . Sept 08 , no way . Where is the spreadsheet , i'll go download that . This diet does stop you in things like going to pubs and eating out really cos you can't have the things you want but its short term only . Did you say you have 3 stone togo ? I was like you , thinking i know i have to do it , i've looked at peoples posts on here looked at the ticker and said , that could of been me , but it wasn't , i could of been there now , but to much messing about ,so now i hope i'm there by Xmas but its still a milestone away on CD but hey i'm going for it . What do you think makes you go and eat , and what sort of time is it you do it ? I can only say i hope you find that path to go full CD very soon as its upsetting you cos you to think times slipping and money wasted , Good luck girl . We won't be happy until we are where we need to be !

Missleo, thanks for that post, made me think a lot. There are a lot of if onlies in my head at the moment, especially when I see the great progress of some of the other people. What's frustrating is that I got to goal but I didn't follow the steps properly (granted because I moved house) and that's when the weight went back on.

I've had a taste of slim and I loved it. You'd think that would be enough motivation, but apparantly not.

The spreadsheet is a sticky in the Cambridge Diet forum. Go to the last page of the thread as the most up to date version is there.

The September 08 figure is actually a reality to me if I don't stop messing about. I have been trying to get back on the wagon since last September so seeing it written down again makes me realise where I was last year and where I am this year could easily be where I am next year!!!

Very scary!

Hey Sarah,
Glad you are finding some motivation in the figures , but dont be too hard on yourself. Money you have spent on yourself to help you get slim is NEVER a waste of money , its important for you on so many levels. People who spend lots of dough on gadgets , or holidays or partaying dont see it as waste they see it as reward for hard work , and you have been working very hard to fund it and whilst successfully losing weight too, its just you are struggling a bit now thats all.
I think if you had spent that much money trying to help someone you love to achieve thier dream even if they didnt achieve all they wanted you woudnt see it as a waste , so keep chasing your dream Sarah, cos you will get there , and I think you deserve it.

Thanks HCW, I agree totally that money spent looking after yourself is not a waste, but my biggest concern that by messing about on CD I am not looking after me at all. I have caused myself all sorts of stresses about it - none of which can have been good for my health.

I am definately feeling more motivated at the moment - just seeing it all written down helps immensely. Sometimes I just need to give myself a good talking to!!

Hi Sarah
Yes just enjoy the ride on CD , arrrrrrr hehe . Still got my postive head , I really want my postive head to carry on for me . So i'm sending some your way too ! :)

Sarah

This is a great thread and extremely thought provoking!! I hope seeing the sums keeps your motivations levels up... I think it's important to look at every angle when doing this diet as it's so flipping easy to fall off the wagon. The more reasons we have for doing it right the more we can shut our CB's up!!

Well done i think you're helping a lot of people with this thread!

Back