Why is everyone doing LT?

Betsy-

your 'sick and tired' list is scarily close to mine!!!! WOW!! haha!

I would add: sick and tired of being my friends' "fat friend" but other than that you were spot on!

Still- we're going to get there!

xx

Best of luck girl, dont let anyone like that pig out side the gym put u dwn!!
i think u look fantastic as u are!! xx

HI All,
I was always the big girl in my family and continued to be the big adult. I married and have 3 children, 7, 6 and 3 and last year something just clicked in my head that it was now or never to finally lose the weight. My husband was due to have a kidney out and I knew I would have to be strong and do for him for the 6 weeks of his recuperation so I lost 1 and a half stone by diet and exercise. My husband kept complaining of pain unrelated to his diagnosis and unfortunately he was diagnosed with cancer in June '08. Sadly we had only another 4 months together as he died in October '08.
As you could understand I reeled from shock for a while and ate what I wanted but then I looked at my 3 small children and felt they had already lost one parent and they did not deserve for their remaining parent to be so unhealthy and at 20 stone 5lb, be a liability to herself. There is diabetes, heart problems, cholestrol and cancer in my family and sugar is a friend to all of them. So I had some friends who started LT and I saw how it worked for them and took the plunge.
I have reversed a lot of the possible outcomes for me by doing this diet and have in no small way probably saved myself from some nasty disorders. I don't know what lies around the corner for me but I am determined to be the healthiest I can be for the boys.
The other good thing about LT is that emotions are real and not ruled by sugar, I no longer have the highs and lows you get from over eating. A more even personality helps the healing process.
I wish everyone the very best on this diet, we all have our stories and they are what have made us unique.
Take care.
Doirin

Doirin you are so brave. You're a wonderful lady.

I can't think of a better reason to do LT than for your children. They must be so proud of their Mummy.

Thank you for telling us your reasons and for your insight into our emotions while on LT. I never thought of it the way you described and what you said makes so much sense.

Betsy-

your 'sick and tired' list is scarily close to mine!!!! WOW!! haha!

I would add: sick and tired of being my friends' "fat friend" but other than that you were spot on!

Still- we're going to get there!

xx

Haha Luce, we're all cut from the same cloth!

You see you're a bit silly, you should have done what I did - I've only ever made friends with chubbers, that way I never feel left out!

Amanda- thanks hun! Yeah those Gym losers might think I'm not a good advert for the gym...but they're not a good advert for humanity!!!

I'm so proud of ALL of us...whatever the reason...to do this. People don't understand how hard it is, but the main thing is we're going in the right direction!

Let's keep it up!!

xx

Jesi, I really hope you get to your desired weight and bmi soon so you can start your journey into parenthood as I'm sure you'll be a fantastic Mummy.

So many people take their fertility for granted and don't realise the suffering some people have to go through to conceive a child.

Thanks Betsy your words mean alot.

When my doctor told me that the majority of my weight was the reason for my PCOS I asked him what PCOS does and he said "makes you put on weight" so if that is the reason then I said you need to sort out the PCOS. He said " Yes, and to do that you need to lose weight"
So as you see it is a vicious cycle.

The worse part is, He thinks that as I am 10kg overweight it is likely the reason. It is only 10kg not 30-40. I still cannot understand how 10kg overweight is such a big issue. I see so many big ladies pregnant and giving birth it just upsets me.

I decided then that I would eliminate everything that they can throw at me as the cause of not being able to get pregnant.

I stopped smoking after 15+ years and a month later started the Lipotrim diet. Did not drink alcohol before (just special occasions) anyway.

So I think another 2 weeks before I can go back and say " I have done my part, so please do yours"
:):):):)

Well i got really ill with bipolar about 2 years back and was in a hospital for a few months, while i was ill, i put on ALOT of weight. I went from being 11 stone to over 15 stone.
After reading about the story of Idris, i though i really need to do this to get myself healthy and confidence up.

Hi all,
just to say thanks for sharing and also for the support. Being fat and struggling with slimming helps to make us well rounded individuals (if you excuse the pun) Our stories which at times can overlap, are nonetheless unique.
Jesi,
I do hope you get the support you need, as a mom to 3 active little boys, who I love more than life itself, I can understand the desire to experience motherhood. I wish you all the best.
Doirin

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! at those people outside the gym! GRrrrr I'm so angry reading that! If that happened to me I'd have wiped the floor with them. Well done on not saying anything Luce, you're a better person than me. I have a vicious tongue and do not suffer fools gladly, I loathe ignorant people. I so respect people who can turn the other cheek. I guess that's why I'm a chubber! The more comments made, the more I thought F you, I'm not going to get skinny just because I don't conform to your ideal person! My own worse enemy!

Oh I've been there in regard to comforting yourself after the death of your Mummy. Me too. :( It hurts so much and to find food comforting, it's is so sad. It's not control at all, it's reckless and it's the last thing our Mummy would have wanted us to do.

It's great that you've brought yourself out of your bulimia and you now realise how wrong you were in that stage of your life.

I'm losing the weight for many reasons:

I'm sick and tired of my Daddy telling everyone how beautiful I am but I spoil it by being fat. Nice parent eh!
I'm sick and tired of being told I have a lovely FACE and personality, shame about the rest of me!
I'm sick and tired of feeling breathless over the simplest of tasks.
I'm sick and tired of having to be careful where we go incase I'm too big for the seats, benches, fairground rides etc
I'm sick and tired of not being able to buy the clothes I really want! I love to be fashionable.
I'm sick and tired of not being able to look at my reflection from the neck down.
I'm sick and tired of having no bath water at the front of the bath and a flood at the back.
I'm sick and tired of nearly being sick bending down to put shoes/boots/socks on.
I'm sick and tired of not being wolf whistled at anymore! I love the attention!
I'm sick and tired of not being able to find my mojo. I love sex with my Hubby.
I'm sick and tired of the bloated falling asleep sitting up like an old man after I eat a load of crap.
I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired and fat.

But........

My main reason for me losing weight is the most important - My beautiful children. Especially my little gorgeous 4 year old angel who has high functioning autism. She's a bright spark who requires your 100% attention 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. I'm such a bad parent by not looking after myself in order to give her the best of me, it's what she deserves. I need to be here fighting fit forever as I can not imagine life without her. She is my world.

I agree - you could have been talking about me. xxxx love to you all. xx:D

Love to you all indeed.

You are a wonderful group of people whose endless resources of support and determination in the face of such difficult odds make me feel really proud and humbled.

I am going to bed tonight feeling happy to have read these posts and happy to be able to share the thoughts of such marvellous people.

Thank you all
LLxx

Wow, such an emotional thread its really touching to hear why everyone is on their on journey....

Well for myself, its not as touching as others people reasons, but basically I am sick and tired of being big, Ive been chubby since the minute I was born (I was nicknamed christmas pud lol) and all the way through my childhood apart from a stint in school where I was slim for about a year. I had a very bad childhood in the care of my step mother who never fed me and abused me and well even though my mother tried to stop it at the time, my father let her do it, lied in court, denied it and well you know how the rest goes, until eventually my mother was proven innocent and I was never to have contact with them again.

So Basically after these trips my mother would feed me - loads, making sure i was fed, and I began to associate love and comfort with food which I was obviously not getting from those other low life scum. So basically I over ate over the years, whenever i was upset or angry, grieving over the loss of members of my family that passed away, I was bullied too at school for being bright.

When I was 19 I had councelling and therapy to get to the root of my disorder and try to move on with my life, I did lose some weight, put some back on by the time I was 20 and now here I am losing the rest and facing the world again.

I grew up feeling worthless and hating my self image because of the damage done from my childhood, and now im starting to feel proud and confident again and that what I see in the mirror isnt my enemy. I cant wait to finish and be the girl that the boys stare at because shes beautiful and not because shes the biggest one out of all of her friends.

Hope this all makes sense, rather long story. xx

Hi Jodie,
thanks for sharing that, it must have been painful to write.
It's amazing when you see yourself one way and I as others do on here see you as a confident, beautiful young woman who gives sound advice and has been great to get to know even in a small way.
Good for you seeking help with what happened and now trying to move on from it.
Look in that mirror often and congratulate the beautiful strong woman looking back at you.
Doirin

Thank you for your kind words Doirin, we are always our own worst enemy when it comes to self judgement.

Your an amazing lady and an absolute credit to your children. Every single person on here is strong and beautiful, sometimes we just need to realise it. xx

First of all, thank you for a great thread and the replies are so touching, I too am sat here at work and fighting to keep the tears from my eyes after reading some of the replies.

B*****cks to the people outside that gym at least you are doing something about your weight, but they CANT do anything about their ignorance and attitude problems!!

I have suffered from heart problems since 2002 and I take regular medication for it. I have also been chubby since a child and my Mum took me to see the Doctor when I was about 7 and he said, its just puppy fat, it will go.

Well all my life I have battled with losing weight, I have joined all the diet clubs going and my weight has gone up and down like a yo-yo.

Approaching last Xmas I decided to do something finally about my weight as I was approaching 50 and I wanted to be fitter, healthier and slimmer for my 50th birthday. I started doing the core plan from WW (again) and 3 of the women in work were doing lipotrim. I had never heard of it before and after a few weeks when I seen their results compared to mine, I decided that the first week in the New Year would see a New Me.

I joined lipotrim around Jan 5th and I got to my goal weight in April, since then I have maintained my weight and loving being slim and staying slim. Lipotrim is definitely the best diet I have ever followed and I would recommend it to everyone.

I am proud to say I was 50 in August and I had so much pride wearing my size 10 jeans. I look better now than I did 30 years ago.

Good luck to each and every one of you, lipotrim definitely does work and the weight DOES stay off with sensible eating afterwards.

Can we not make this post a sticky or something. It just so seems so precious all our reasons, for it to get lost amongst all the other posts??

Jodie-
thank you for sharing that...it must have been hard for you to write and I think you're really brave and strong for doing so.

Mary- Well a HUGE congrats for getting into your size 10 jeans!! That's an amazing achievement- you're inspirational!!

Luce xx

Liz- how do we make it a sticky!

This is the first forum I've ever been in so not too sure about all the ins and outs! I agree though; having all these shared experiences and motivations is really special- would be good to keep it

xx

Jesi,
I do hope you get the support you need, as a mom to 3 active little boys, who I love more than life itself, I can understand the desire to experience motherhood. I wish you all the best.
Doirin

Thank you very much Doirin, I can imagine what a lovely mum you are to your boys. The great coincidence is that I actually really want 3 boys :) I have always wanted that. What ever I am blessed with I will be very happy.

Liz- how do we make it a sticky!

This is the first forum I've ever been in so not too sure about all the ins and outs! I agree though; having all these shared experiences and motivations is really special- would be good to keep it

xx

I have no idea!!!!! I just think it is such a fab post and should be somewhere permanent. For those who are struggling, to look back on and remind themselves why they are doing it, and to inspire and encourage newbies.

Any one else have any ideas?

This is a really wonderful thread; so many touching reasons for people to be doing this. A real inspiration & everyone one of you deserves the greatest success :)

Hannah *big big hugs*

You are so brave. Those so called 'mates' are not worth a sh*t. You're are a much better person than they'll ever be and totally gorgeous to boot.

I applaud your courage and determination and I'm positively sure your future will be so fabulous because of the person you are today.

Aw, thank you!! That's so lovely! :)

I have no regrets; it's sad they proved themselves to be such poor friends, but, it's their loss not mine!

Hannah

Back