Why is everyone doing LT?

What a great thread, you all are so amazing ... better than any of them rude and arogant "thin people"..
My reasons for being on LT are as follows
1. Iv been on and off diets for most of my adult life
2. I hate the feeling of buying new clothes and still looking a mess in them especially because i look like im wearing a tent most of the time
3. I hate going to family parties and being the fattest one there..
4.i hate all the comments that people give especially when they think you can`t hear them (they think because your fat you have a hearing problem too)
5. I`m sick of feeling tired and out of breath all the time
I could go on and on..........
But the biggest and most important reason of them all is for my boys,
I was one of the fattest mums in both of their classes and you know how hurtful children can be..... also they were missing out on things like i wouldnt take them swimming or go to the park with them because i was too fat i no these are only little reasons but when you add them together they mean a lot to me... and i want to be as healthy as i can to see my boys grow up and become adults themselves xxxxxxx

Gosh this is a great tread but very scary. I hate dealing with my feelings....

Anyway, I want to lose weight to feel good about myself, and hopefully conceive a little bundle of joy - now that would be such a miracle.

The most obvious reasons I have for finding my feelings difficult to deal with is that I was brought up in an alcoholic home so there was a lot of confusion and frustration to deal with. I was also abused as a child for a long period of time which resulted in some very serious health problems once I hit my teens and being told at 19 that I would probably never conceive because of an operation relating to my reproductive system.

Anyway, I have spent the last few years having counselling to deal with the other issues (supported by my lovely hubby) and so this year I promised to devote myself to losing weight to help me improve my body image. It's slowly getting there.

Good luck to everyone on this journey - and what a journey it is. xx

Ghost-
thank you so much for sharing that- it can't have been easy.

I'm so inspired and moved by everyone's stories- all you fabulous women coming through traumatic experiences and trying to make life better.

I hope that your efforts to conceive are successful- I'm sure you'll be a fantastic Mum

Luce xxx

Wow, you are all so amazing! To come through some of the things you have lived though and still be so strong and positive says something very special about you. I do hope all of you succeed, after some of those things you trully deserve to.

I have no idea how to make this a sticky but Mini will and hopefully she'll see this and sort it out.

x

just reading through all these inspirational stories helps so much

xx

I didn't think i needed to write in this thread everyone has different reasons why they are on LT but reading this now it made me relize we only live onse
suppose my reasons are the same as most in a way
i never had a problem untill i was 25 and come out of an abusive relationship to save me and my daughter that was 20 years ago god i'm 45 :eek:
20 years of yoyo dieting losing weight putting it back on has taken its toll my health has suffered my mental state too being on prozac to make the day bearable is the hardest.. food was my love and hugs and friend been on my own for 5 years after leaving my husband of 15 years i settled for second best and there was no love so..
setting up on my own with no friends (they stuck by him )and left me in the cold
so in a new town i started again i never made friends easy and don't have any from my youth
i met someone by accident and wasn't looking he wasn't my type we hadn't much in common but he persisted and now do everything together it hasn't been easy though he's a good cook and looked after me feeding me up NOW i want to get healthy
on a visit to the docs she told me about LT
the next week i signed up and hopfully the rest is history

debz x

Hi Debz,
you are right we do only live once, so we need to make it matter. This is a time where we can address areas of our life that are not working. The more confident we get the more power we feel we have over our lives and can change the script so to speak. I wish you all the strength you need to gain control back and live the life you want and deserve.
Wishing you all the best.
Doirin

another reason im going on this diet is because now that my weight has gone up, any man that shows any sort of interest in me i just give them the cold shoulder because im afraid that if they seen me naked they would run a mile and i know its silly but its not a situation i would like to find myself in to be honest, i love this thread it really should be on a wall of fame on minimins.. lol :)

Amanda- I can totally relate to that hun.
With my last boyfriend (We broke up about two weeks ago) I just hated getting naked. He seemed fine with how I looked but I hated my appearance so much that I just hated it... and I think it destroyed things between us.

Definitely looking forward to loving who I am inside AND out

xx

Seems like quite a lot of new folk so thought I'd bump this thread up so anyone new could add their own reasons

Luce xxx

I really have to say my reasons sound so silly now after reading all your heart wrenching stories. mine is simple I finally found the courage to take control of my life after my first real boyfriend and I broke up after 3 and a half years.

I was continually talking talking talking about not being happy with my body that I never actually done anything. Ive been the same size since I was 15, im 24 in October and I started to realise I should look great at this age. Oh and my aunt got pregnant on lipotrim 2 years ago so Chose to use my fear of getting pregnant to young for not doing lipotrim. How silly since I was on the pill.

Thank you so much to everyone sharing their stories it makes me realise i have it so easy and also thankful that i finally got up off my ass and made a decision to better myself. Im doing this for me basically and Im so proud that I finally am doing something for myself.

Hi
I was engaged. living with and trying for a baby with a guy. I was madly in love and life was working out how its supposed to when i fell ill, i wont go into it all but i ended up agrophobic and put on over 4 stone in 6 months!!! One day he came home (a week before the wedding)and told me he didnt want to marry me because i was fat, ugly and worthless and no one would ever want to be with me. Thats should have spured me to loose weight but it didnt. i got so depressed over the following years that i put on a further 6 stone and am now about 10.5 stone overweight. We split up 10 years ago and ive not seen him since till a few weeks ago he randomly sent me a message on face book saying 'are you still a fat ****ing ugly slag!' That was it, i know im better than him as hes the one who seeked me out after all this time just to be mean but it made me finally want to sort it out and move on with my life. xx

Hi
I was engaged. living with and trying for a baby with a guy. I was madly in love and life was working out how its supposed to when i fell ill, i wont go into it all but i ended up agrophobic and put on over 4 stone in 6 months!!! One day he came home (a week before the wedding)and told me he didnt want to marry me because i was fat, ugly and worthless and no one would ever want to be with me. Thats should have spured me to loose weight but it didnt. i got so depressed over the following years that i put on a further 6 stone and am now about 10.5 stone overweight. We split up 10 years ago and ive not seen him since till a few weeks ago he randomly sent me a message on face book saying 'are you still a fat ****ing ugly slag!' That was it, i know im better than him as hes the one who seeked me out after all this time just to be mean but it made me finally want to sort it out and move on with my life. xx

Oh my god he is so many words i cannot utter on this! You are Not worthless how dare any person say that to you! He is a horrible person who does not deserve anyone never mine You.

it is great news that you have decided to join in on this experience You will not know yourself in a few weeks. I wish you all the best and never ever listen or even acknowledge people like your ex he is the scum of the earth and doesnt deserve to even live in the same country as you.

anne-mariep
Thank you so much for that reply it has litteraly made me cry. He is scum and i he proved that he did me a favour the second i read that message from him.
i hope that i do it this time as i have tried so many diets before and i no its not healthy but im spurred on by pure hatred! x

I know it was spurred by hate but as you do this you will get back confidence in your self and realise you are now doing this purely to make yourself happy.

Congrats on taking the first step. :)

hey thats awful bout the gym. some ppl r really rude. just because ur big doesnt make u deaf.
the reason i wanted to do this diet is because food became my addiction. the fing with food addiction is u cant go cold turkey like with smokin or drink or drugs coz u need food to survive. so i would join all the diet clubs and last bout 6wks until i slowly added bigger portions or had extra treats until i was off the diet an bk 2 stuffin myself.
i was always that lil bit big but it got out of hand wen i started college, slowly started gainin the 1st yr but by the end of my last yr i had put on nearly 3st then once i started work i just got bigger.
the real deciding point for me is my health but also the fact im cancellin nights out with friends an family coz i feel so embarrassed about my size an feel every1 is starin at me an judgin me. oh an dont even get me started on guys coz the thought of revealin all causes me to panic big time. my thoughts r if i dont like me how can any1 else.
however i then found out about lipotrim, no food 2 think of, no countin points or calories just 3 shakes an quicker results. this is my 2nd time but hopefully my last. (i stopped coz of a family death that really shocked me) but didnt no bout this forum then which is brill :). im determined 2 succeed this time coz dont want to b sat at home watchin life pass me by.

hey thats awful bout the gym. some ppl r really rude. just because ur big doesnt make u deaf.
the reason i wanted to do this diet is because food became my addiction. the fing with food addiction is u cant go cold turkey like with smokin or drink or drugs coz u need food to survive. so i would join all the diet clubs and last bout 6wks until i slowly added bigger portions or had extra treats until i was off the diet an bk 2 stuffin myself.
i was always that lil bit big but it got out of hand wen i started college, slowly started gainin the 1st yr but by the end of my last yr i had put on nearly 3st then once i started work i just got bigger.
the real deciding point for me is my health but also the fact im cancellin nights out with friends an family coz i feel so embarrassed about my size an feel every1 is starin at me an judgin me. oh an dont even get me started on guys coz the thought of revealin all causes me to panic big time. my thoughts r if i dont like me how can any1 else.
however i then found out about lipotrim, no food 2 think of, no countin points or calories just 3 shakes an quicker results. this is my 2nd time but hopefully my last. (i stopped coz of a family death that really shocked me) but didnt no bout this forum then which is brill :). im determined 2 succeed this time coz dont want to b sat at home watchin life pass me by.

Hey hun...I can completely relate to where you're coming from. It's weird how it can creep up on you...and suddenly you don't have a life that isn't dictated by food. I was doing the same- cancelling seeing friends on nights out because of my weight. I realised it had got out of hand and it needed to stop.

Glad we're all on this road together!

x

Hi

Oh hun...

I am so ANGRY with that worthless, cruel, spiteful, heartless MONSTER. How dare he treat you like that? It's disgusting behaviour and you deserve so much more from a guy. How pathetic of him to track you down only to be abusive. He's obviously a sad, lonely little man who gets off on hurting other people. He'll get what's coming to him- morons like that always do.

It's great that you're so 'spurred' on to do LT and I'll bet that as you start losing weight you'll feel less angry and more SORRY for him. You're taking control of your weight (and life) and nothing can stop you.

You don't deserve anyone speaking to you/treating you like he has. I can't wait for the day that you feel happy with your weight and facebook message him to tell him he had a small.... 'pair of underpants'. What a loser. YOU will be the winner hun- and you have all of us to help you get there

xxx

hey dynamic, i totally agree wiv determined girl there. hes just a silly lil man who obviously feels crap bout himself so did wot all bullies do, hurts others to feel better but wot he dosent realise is that ur now on the path to a happier, 'smaller' future an wen u get there u can tell him hes a spineless loser an u r soo much better than him.
good luck hun.

Thanks guys so much, im determind to do this, get thinner and live my life. He isnt holding me back any more. i wont continue to give him that power! and your right he did have a very small .........pair of underpants! ive got a whole lot to loose but i can do it and i cant thank you all enough for all the support i have found on here. x

Back