Why is it?. . .

Violetwind

Determined
Why is it that after lunch or dinner I really crave chocolate with my tea. Any suggestions for alternatives?

Why can't you have low syn choc?

Or Alpen lights (hexb).

You can have a bit of chocolate if you want - but I'm emphasising the "bit", lol.

Try having a chocolate options drink (2 syns) instead of tea or coffee.

A cadbury chocolate finger is 1.5 syns so if you can find the willpower to limit yourself to only a couple then its not so bad.

Buy a bag of treat size chocolate bars - most are between 4-6 syns each.

I tend to crave chocolate on my * week and no substitute will do so I treat myself to a 2-finger kitkat which I eat very slowly by nibbling all the chocolate off first and allowing it to melt in my mouth before eating the biscuit bit in the middle. It can take me upto 30 mins to eat both fingers so I reckon its well worth the 5.5 syns. :D

ETA - I can thoroughly recommend the Hifi chocolate bars from class - 1 bar counts as a HEXB or 6 syns

I always have dark choc in fridge then if needs must I have that and the one I got was 1 syn a piece and I normally have 4 and don't want more as too much is sicky

Cant have the heb as both have been accounted for today. I don't mind using my syns but I'd rather get out of the habit. My will power sucks as last while. I gave up a 25 a day cigarette habit 8 years ago and that was a cake walk compared with changing to a healthy eating lifestyle.

I was once told that if you can not do something 13 times, then you will have broken the habit.

I doubt if there is any magical significance in the number 13, but the principle is an interesting one.

Hi violetwind

I was exactly the same before beginning SW as being hypothyroid can make my blood sugar levels go all over the place. Try doing a red day if you're not a veggie to see how you feel as carbs can make some people's blood sugar levels go all over the place which can make you hungry soon after a meal and crave sweet things. I usually have fruit and tea in between meals or cadbury's treat size fudge are only 3 syns but try having a piece of fruit when you have chocolate as that may make you want less too. xx

Ps the first time I read your name I thought it said violent wind....sorry I jast HAD to let it you know lol! :D

i am exactly the same ive been stressing over this but i find if i have a banana then wait til i go to bed and read and then i have two small chocs i love terrys segments. because the banana has filled you you'll eat less and already boosted your sugar fix cos bananas have a lot of natural sugar. if i want anymore i firmly say no to myself and have a small glass of juice or pepsi max x

Lol violent wind;)
Lady a I've hypothyroidism too as well as perncious anemia. Maybe your right and the carbs are making me crave. Up til now I was doing ee but I don't think I was doing it 100% so I've changed to greens cos while I eat meat I dont eat alot of it. plus I'm not too sure of that plan. What would be a typical red day?

Choc options stirred into a vanilla muller light hits the spot for me. I esp like the hazlenut options stirred in, for only 1.5 syns its fab! :)

Have a Curly Wurly - only 6 syns, or a bourneville bar is 11 syns (okay its all your syns for the day pretty much, but occassionally worth it). Really depends on whether you use any of your syns in cooking?I tend not to most of the time so usually have mine in wine or chocolate in the evening.

Lol violent wind;)
Lady a I've hypothyroidism too as well as perncious anemia. Maybe your right and the carbs are making me crave. Up til now I was doing ee but I don't think I was doing it 100% so I've changed to greens cos while I eat meat I dont eat alot of it. plus I'm not too sure of that plan. What would be a typical red day?
Violent wind I like that too LOL! A typical red day could be bacon,eggs,mushrooms,etc for breakfast or just cereal HEB with yr milk allowance and fruit and yoghurt. Lunch could be a tuna salad, or prawn, or chicken again fruit. Dinner could be fish of some kind with new potatoes HEB (yr allowed 2 HEAs and two HEBs on red and green plans)and veg. Just one idea, hope this helps. Cant look at yr name now without thinking violent wind, ha ha!!!

Lol violent wind;)

I tend to stick to either Extra Easy or Green as I don't like lots of meat either but I had a chicken salad for lunch the other day and was so full that I only had four spoonfuls of my dinner that evening so protein does seem to fill me up a lot more than carbs. My cravings have reduced as I promise myself a nice dessert after dinner so knowing that I have that to look forward to seems to keep me on track. Have a nosey at my diary to see what I eat if you like. xx

Violent wind I like that too LOL! A typical red day could be bacon,eggs,mushrooms,etc for breakfast or just cereal HEB with yr milk allowance and fruit and yoghurt. Lunch could be a tuna salad, or prawn, or chicken again fruit. Dinner could be fish of some kind with new potatoes HEB (yr allowed 2 HEAs and two HEBs on red and green plans)and veg. Just one idea, hope this helps. Cant look at yr name now without thinking violent wind, ha ha!!!

LOL! I'm so sorry about that VIOLET wind! MWAH! xx

I have also discovered meringues now - have 1 in the evening (1.5 syns) with light squirty cream (1 syn for 12 grams) and then loads of fruit. Yummy and low syn (plus 1/3 superfree!). Plus I get to make my OH laugh himself silly when I get out the scales to weigh the squirty cream - he thinks its the funniest thing he's ever seen

Thanks everyone;)

Gonna have a wee look atay your diary now Lady. And Hollys nan, red days don't sound as bad as I thought.

Back