Why is it?

red biddy

When I was like the side of a house, no one said 'Hey Biddy, you look ill carrying all that extra weight.' but as soon as it starts to show, that I am losing weight; people seem to be queuing up to say 'Oooo Biddy watch you don't lose too much and make yourself ill'
All of us at group have had it said to us and we reckon folk are just plain jealous:blahblah:

Possibly.

I know my colleagues are starting to be concerned about me, and I'm still 14 stone - Of course, they might be concerned that I'm not getting enough nutrition on any given day, which is a fair concern (but not true in my case).

I'm starting to think that maybe it's simply a human trait that we've always had - like cooing over a baby is something everyone does - it makes sense for human beings to be concerned about someone who is getting smaller. For our ancestors it would have meant they were dying or something.

Next though I need to think of a kind way of saying I'm fine...

Yeah I know what you mean. People have made comments at me before, I have to admit I'm a yoyoer and haven't always lost weight the healthy way. At one point I was skipping meals. This time im doing it the healthy way but only my bf and my house mate know about it. If I told everyone they might give the wrong reaction because I don't need to lose that much weight and like you said some people are jealous.

Back