Why is my progress so slow?

BordersGirl

Feeling great in 2012!
When I did Lipotrim a few years ago in the first 6 weeks I lost 29lbs and made it to 3 stone by the end of the 9th week. I had one week where I only lost 1lb but that was preceded and followed by losses of 5.5 and 4.5 so overall it wasn't too bad. My starting weight wasn't that much different to where I started this time (about 8 pounds lighter this time).

With this diet I lost 20.5 pounds in the first 5 weeks and having weighed myself this am I have only lost 0.5lb since WI last Wed. I will be weighing in early this week (Tues) as my friends arrive Tuesday pm when I will be taking a short break. I don't feel optimistic of losing more than a pound or best case scenario 2 pounds this week. I've been 100% apart from a V&T last week (but I did miss out the 3rd foodpack that day) and a few bits of cucumber the last couple of days (that we can apparently have from our allowance anyway). I'm a country mile away from goal so it can't be slow due to that.

With LT I only did shakes. Does anyone think that bars and meals have an impact on weight loss?

hi hun, sorry to hear its slow for you i dont really know if the bars are slowing it but im having bars and meals on mine and my WL has been consistant could you be due on or anything? xx

just looking there:

Week 1 -7 , Week 2 -3, Week 3 -6 , Week 4 -1.5, Week 5 -3 (20.5 total), Week 6 (friends coming to stay)

You have done well every week, dont over analyse it as you could be worrying about nothing? there is still a few days to WI and if your weight is up due to water retention you could be worrying about nothing xx

I had this prob my second time on cd. My doctor said it was because fat cells have memory and that they like to keep their cell volume so they bulk up with water. Frustrating on the scales but it does eventually even out and losses start to show again.
Stick with it you are doing brilliantx

Thanks girls :thankyou:

It's just a bit frustrating that after eating practically nothing I'm not losing the expected 3 - 4 pounds a week. Came so close to pigging out on cheese today and that was all because of frustration caused by low weight loss. At the moment I feel like I could do just as well on WW. Still, having a week's break in 48 hours and hopefully when I get back on track things will start to pick up.

Never heard that thing about fat cells having memory before. Hope mine is just water retention.

I have also read that about fat cells, they fill up with water and then when they realise the fats not comic back it whooshes out - that's the highly technical scientific explanation ya know ;-)

Plus apparently, the reason that so many dieters fail or regain weight is due those cells, apparently they stay there although they aren't full of fat and fill back up really easily until they shrink and go away for good, which I'm sure I read takes ages, like a year or something :-s

If that makes any sense. Worth a google I reckon.

Back