Why no weight loss?!

piatch

Hi all

New to mm.com and am pleased to have found it.

Ive been on SS now for 2 weeks, losing 6lbs the first week and 7lb the second. Was absolutely gutted on 3rd weigh in to find that I'd stayed exactly the same.

I can hear you all thinking that I must've cheated but absolutely not. I'd introduced bars and had 3 packs a day as normal. Water intake is about 5 pints a day....the only thing different was a weeks course of an antibiotic called metronidazole! My consultant asked me to pee on a stick at weigh in and that was purple. She was baffled and couldn't understand it either. I left feeling gutted and deflated, especially as I'd been to mates wedding a few days before and taken a shake whilst everyone else tucked in!

Has anyone else found this? Could it be the antibiotics? I'm now off them and must admit have been freezing today and have that leaner feeling so hoping for better weigh in next week!

Thanks xx

Hi all

New to mm.com and am pleased to have found it.

Ive been on SS now for 2 weeks, losing 6lbs the first week and 7lb the second. Was absolutely gutted on 3rd weigh in to find that I'd stayed exactly the same.

I can hear you all thinking that I must've cheated but absolutely not. I'd introduced bars and had 3 packs a day as normal. Water intake is about 5 pints a day....the only thing different was a weeks course of an antibiotic called metronidazole! My consultant asked me to pee on a stick at weigh in and that was purple. She was baffled and couldn't understand it either. I left feeling gutted and deflated, especially as I'd been to mates wedding a few days before and taken a shake whilst everyone else tucked in!

Has anyone else found this? Could it be the antibiotics? I'm now off them and must admit have been freezing today and have that leaner feeling so hoping for better weigh in next week!

Thanks xx

Our bodies do strange things and metronidazole is a strange antibiotic which can do strange things! I had only a 1lb loss last week..for no reason really other than I was having a 'black dog' week (anxiety/depression). So please don't lose heart, stick with it and keep posting on here. We share all each others highs and lows!

Last week was my second week and I only lost 2lbs after 7lb the week before. It's easy to get disheartened but stick with it, the losses peak and trough, and should even out to 14lbs a month give or take.

I only lost 1lb on the 3rd week and actually have had a rubbish week every 4 weeks ever since! The weight just doesn't come off in regular amounts. Don't worry about it...

Hey hun, I read online to take measurements because on weeks where you only lose a small amount you can still lose quite a few inches, something about retaining water or something? Don't give up huni xxx

third or fourth week is usually poor for weight loss, something to do with ur body slowing down because of the changes happening to it. you've had 2 great losses so keep it up. i only lost 1lb on 3rd week then lost 4lbs the following week so its worth sticking to because it;ll all balance out monthly. i always have a slow loss every 3 weeks so i'm used to it now!

Back