Why oh why oh why did I try to fix what wasn't broken?

stivesliz

Gold Member
I am slapping my wrist, I am kicking my bum and I am tutting at myself right now! Have just had a much needed ticking off from my lovely consultant............

Last year I lost 4 stone - put half of it back on at Christmas and have been a yo yo ever since. I depserately want to get back to my 4 stone - and now- after this week's 1.5 pound gain - I have 3 pounds to go.

I have started to panic and have therefore changed round my plans, cut back my syns, stopped having carbs etc etc etc and I officially lost the plot on Saturday - big styleeee!

My consultant has said to calm down, chillax and go back to how I did it last year and to stop 'fixing what wasn't broken'. So, I am going to trawl through my old food diaries and turn back the clock and just do as I was doing.

Wish me luck! x

Oh bless you, you know it can be done and you will get there again. Hope you get back on track soon x :)

Its valauable lesson learnt. unfortunately, if you are anything like me you won't listen to anyone else and have to learn it yourself!! Good luck with going back to what you know works. Mixing up plans is for when it stops working I think, if at all! Personally I think people are meat people or pasta people, so if you mix all 3 plans you end up on a few days a week feeling like you are torturing yourself. I prefer meat to carbs, so I do extra easy, with a few red chucked in for good measure (but honestly only so I can have a big fat mixed grill one night and have my burgers in a bun as well as my cereal in the morning (plus the double cheese obviously). But even though I now do a few red days a week I still do 4 days of extra easy usually.

If you are worried about carbs on extra easy why not just try to have 1 meal a day without them. So for example on an extra easy day I'll still have a salad with some form of meat for my lunch, then I will have my pasta/rice/potatoes in the evening.

I am gonna concentrate on EE but will be having the odd original day as I have developed a bit of a craving for cheese yum yum.

I think I panic because I really dont want to go back to the weight I was and thats when I try to do things differently to give me a boost. Logically, the weight isnt going to drop off me now I have lost the bulk of it but since when have I been logical lol? x

Back