Why oh why such small loss????

Brightonrosie

I want to be fitter again
Hi everyone
I have been desperate to boost my weight loss as I have an special wedding to go to in 3 weeks. I took on board some suggestions this week including increasing my Syns from 5 to 10.I have measured everything ate loads of superfree foods, varied my HEX 's switched days but . . . . . only lost half a pound !! Back to 5 syns for me unless you have any other suggestions:confused: Sorry i have put this originally in weight loss diary but got no response:cry:

Yes, let's have a look at your menus, that might help?

Drinking enough water? Getting any exercise? Too many bananas?

Half a lb isn't bad...it's a loss! Some of us are just slow losers. It happens. Half is normal for me - 1lb is a great loo and any more than that is amazing!

thank you all I will keep a food diary starting from tomorrow. Didn't try water Helliecopter good point and thanks for the idea of Davina Mcall.

Don't be disheartened hun - sometimes when we make changes our body reacts. I changed to EE recently and only got 0.5lb off despite being really good - but I also felt stuffed all week so wasn't snacking. Also, it was star week - have you been feeling more full and therefore snacking less between meals? Is it star week? Wear you wearing different (heavier) clothes?

Don't lose heart. I am a believer in using more syns than 5 now, after advice here. My loses slowed right down as I was using 5 and picked up again when I upped them, but it wasn't right away. I feel better now too - I feel what I am on is more maintainable longer term.

I agree with others; check water intake, maybe add some cardio and look at food diary. I don't post mine on here (prob should) but I use the SW online one as it keeps track of syns etc. Didn't use that for a bit and realised I'd been counting bakes beans as free on red! This would have been spotted had I carried on using the online food diary/on here. Luckily it didn't impact on my losses as rarely eat beans on red anyway, but my point is, sometimes we make genuine mistakes that can be spotted.

0.5lb is a loss - and you should be happy. I know you might have wanted more, but it WILL happen. Hope you're feeling chirpier today x

Fantastic replies on here.
Definitely up the water intake..it does help. Keep at the syns Hun...that will change, your body is just getting used to it. Keep a diary, we can have a look for you and see if you are "repetitive with your foods" (this can also slow weight loss down).

Good luck and as the others have said...you still have had a loss

hi all, i am new to this website but so far am loving it. very helpful. i joined slimming world 5 weeks ago and have had 4 weigh ins so far, have lost 7 1/2 lb so far and am very pleased. i have a long way to go though so will be looking at you all for inspiration :) and i'm sure i will pass some wisdom too. i did sw 5 years ago and lost over 3 stone so i do know the diet very well. just wanted to say that the goals ilovelife has set are a mirror image to my own and they are great. good luck with them and good luck to all for a great weigh in next week xx

hi all, i am new to this website but so far am loving it. very helpful. i joined slimming world 5 weeks ago and have had 4 weigh ins so far, have lost 7 1/2 lb so far and am very pleased. i have a long way to go though so will be looking at you all for inspiration :) and i'm sure i will pass some wisdom too. i did sw 5 years ago and lost over 3 stone so i do know the diet very well. just wanted to say that the goals ilovelife has set are a mirror image to my own and they are great. good luck with them and good luck to all for a great weigh in next week xx
Hi Bubbles
if you would like to get replies you need to post a new thread under the general section as you have tagged on to an already existing thread. well done and good luck with your weight loss though x

Back