Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Why oh why...

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by scraggyanna, 31 January 2010 Social URL.

1. scraggyanna

scraggyanna Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(5.06%)
    Why does the weight go on so quickly but off so slowly!!

I'm pretty sure I could put on 4lbs in one week, but am so far only managing 1lb per week off. It means I can't really risk any big treats, as if I go out for dinner, even if I choose sensibly, I tend to put on about 4lbs, which would undo all my hard work for the month!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. dehli

dehli Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(10.47%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    It's not fair is it. I put on 7lbs in just one week over Christmas!

4. cocktailprincess

cocktailprincess Still rockin' it

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    8st1lb(42.64%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World - On-line member
    .......but you wouldn't be putting on 4lbs of actual fat! Gaining 4lbs a week would be a gain of about 14 stone a year! Impossible

Losing 1lb a week is sensible, realistic and sustainable. I know it feels like it but you didn't put it on that quickly- it probably creeped on over time. You have taken action- why beat yourself up despite doing something positive?

xxxxx

5. StripedDaisy

StripedDaisy A sucker for a key change

Diet:
    Slim & Save
    I'm very much the same. I find it so frustrating that I can be bad for just one meal and suffer the consequences!!!!! Although an extreme example (when I was on steriods), I put on 2 and half stone in 6 weeks. Even my doctor was surprised. When I stopped the steriods, the weight stayed so it was a real gain rather than a water or anything else gain.

6. Devon Dolce

Devon Dolce 1lb at a time!

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.33%)
    Please don't say 'only a pound a week' - that's 52 pounds in a year! I lose 'only a pound a week' and I'm absolutely thrilled with that!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.