• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Why oh why...

Why does the weight go on so quickly but off so slowly!!

I'm pretty sure I could put on 4lbs in one week, but am so far only managing 1lb per week off. It means I can't really risk any big treats, as if I go out for dinner, even if I choose sensibly, I tend to put on about 4lbs, which would undo all my hard work for the month!!

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
.......but you wouldn't be putting on 4lbs of actual fat! Gaining 4lbs a week would be a gain of about 14 stone a year! Impossible

Losing 1lb a week is sensible, realistic and sustainable. I know it feels like it but you didn't put it on that quickly- it probably creeped on over time. You have taken action- why beat yourself up despite doing something positive?

xxxxx

StripedDaisy

A sucker for a key change
Why does the weight go on so quickly but off so slowly!!

I'm pretty sure I could put on 4lbs in one week, but am so far only managing 1lb per week off. It means I can't really risk any big treats, as if I go out for dinner, even if I choose sensibly, I tend to put on about 4lbs, which would undo all my hard work for the month!!
It's not fair is it. I put on 7lbs in just one week over Christmas!
I'm very much the same. I find it so frustrating that I can be bad for just one meal and suffer the consequences!!!!! Although an extreme example (when I was on steriods), I put on 2 and half stone in 6 weeks. Even my doctor was surprised. When I stopped the steriods, the weight stayed so it was a real gain rather than a water or anything else gain.

Please don't say 'only a pound a week' - that's 52 pounds in a year! I lose 'only a pound a week' and I'm absolutely thrilled with that!