Why So Little Lost? Advice Needed

Hi can anyone offer me any advice. I am on week four and struggling so much - not with the restrictions but with so little weight loss. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. My start weight was 11st 13lbs. My first week I lost 10lbs, 2nd week 3lbs, 3rd week just 2lbs I am due to weigh in on Saturday but on my home scales I have put on 1 and 1/2 lb this week - I ate (a little) on Saturday (at a family gathering) but back on plan four days and the 1 and 1/2 lb are still there. I know I lost big first week but to be such a difficult diet regime to lose only 2lbs in 3rd week, and then put on is really worrying. Has anyone came across this? Any ideas on what I can do more/less of. Sorry to ask but I am doing this privately and dont have anyone to discuss with. Thank you

Hi.

i'll try and offer you my thought on your weigth loss pattern., hope they help.

Firstly, looking at your weight loss ticker it seems you have only 32lb to lose. Whilst this may seem like a lot, in comparison to those who have regular big losses (like me), its not. I'm also assuming that with only 32lb to lose your BMI isn't as big as those who have lots to lose. This means that your weight will come off at a slower rate than someone with lots to lose and a bigger BMI.

Secondly, you need to not obsess about your scales v the chemist scales. You can vary on each one week to week and it cand rive you insane trying to see a pattern/link. I'm talking as a serial weigher here!! I kow that if my scales say heavier than the chemist I get depressed and am tempted to give up. Or if, EVEN WORSE, the chemist scales weigh heavier than my scales at home I become really despondent!!!

Thirdly, when you eat you don't gain fat back, you gain the water you lost in the first week. So, a "small cheat" can result in a dispproportional gain.

Don't be too disheartened. You will lose the weight in the long run. Just focus on the end goal!

good luck

Dusty x

Dusty's advice is right, and at the end of the day, a loss is still a loss!! stick at it, weight loss vaires from week to week and if you've eaten/cheated it will be reflected in you're next weigh in as it was this week in mine!! (grrrr, but my own stupid fault!) but the way i look at it is this.....im losing weight, the scales are heading in the right direction, that can only be a good thing hey?? try to focus on the great losses that you've had so far and not so much on the smaller ones!!

I agree with dusty! Also you lost 1st in 3 weeks! Could you do that on another diet?

I did have big losses at first but now I've only got 3st to go mine are slowing down to 2lb etc but it's still coming off and I'm healthier than ive every been.

Stick with it, keep drinking and try not to eat especially carbs which will knock you out of ketosis.

Good luck :)

xox

Ladies thank you SO SO SO much for taking the time to give me your advice. Thats help me so much tonight and motivated me to stick at it. Of course what other diet would give me such a great weight loss. I hadn't realised that the increase would be water rather than fat going straight back on - I do have much more energy on the diet and have lost cravings for anything sweet just one last bad habit which is raiding the fridge when I come home from work at night. IYes Bex it was carbs that I ate and its taken me until today to get back into ketosis. But its just fantastic to have just generous people willing to share their thoughts. Thanks again Bex, Daisy and Dusty.

Hi Slim By July,

I am a really slow loser :( My first month was fine, but the last two have averaged out at about 2.9lb per week. Some of us just lose that way and sometimes I get moody about it, but it's better than the 1lb a week I get on other plans ;) Now you are back in ketosis you will be fine..honest. Oh and Dusty is right about those scales. Keep off!! ;)

Hi Kay that makes real sense and I like the way you have planned a refeed week in advance of your holiday. Thats a really good tip. I lost 4lb last week which was fabulous. Was away with work for a few days and had to join others for lunch/dinner/breakfast so except zero loss this week but I'm okay to take a wee hit and am already today back to TFR. Hope you have a lovely holiday x

Back