Why when I get an inch do I take a mile?

sonya1980

I have just finished the two week fast track plan and did really well - lost 8lbs which is great.

However, I am now on phase 2 where I am allowed an alcoholic drink or a treat. 2nd night on it and again I have gone over my cal allowance - a lot!

I am so cross with myself :mad: I planned to have tea at work as I work late (which I did) but then I came home and hubby had made tea for me - so I ate it so he didn't feel bad. Then I felt I had blown it anyway and had a large wine and 4 mini jaffa cakes and for supper a chicken leg!!!

I was fine when it was strict but now I know I am allowed I seem to go mad - what's wrong with me!!!

Thanks for listening - x

Think we all have these moments.....I was the same, once a little something was allowed I just couldnt stop......"one more wont hurt" but it ended up half the packet. Then you beat yourself up over it.......its a vicious circle for sure.

Hope you get back on track ......x

ok, thing to do is not let it ruin your week, its only ruined the 1 day. Use your 100 cal daily treat for this for the week (kinda in reverse) so go down to 1300 cals for the rest of the week. Once again up your water intake and ur exercise and DONT get on the scales!!!!

Don't panic it happens to us all. I couldnt let myself have a 'treat' ie chocolate, as i knew id want more so i just used to have extra meat or something.

Thanks guys - That's what I'll do Sarah. Like you say only one day ruined and if I get back on trach today I should be ok (I hope!!!).

Maybe I'll do the same Sarah and have extra savory food (as I don't crave that) and leave the chocolate and wine for now!

Thanks again

Brilliant advice from SarahSez, I only have to get a taste of chocolate or crisps and thats it i cant stop, unless i can manage to save them until after i have had my tea and then for some reason (probably because i have managed to be good all day) i am ok.

We are all human and all have slip ups ( i had a terrible week 2 after a fab week 1) but so long as we get back on track then thats ok.

good luck

Back