WHY WHY WHY!!!!

I'M SO DISAPOINTED THAT MY WEIGHT LOSS IS SO SLOW...... I'M NOW ON DAY 27 AND STILL HAVE NOT LOST A FULL STONE:confused::confused::confused:
I TRY AND TRY AND WORK SO HARD AT IT AND WONDER WHY I PUT MYSELF THROUGH IT, IT'S SO HARD TO DO BUT THE WIGHT IS SOOOOOO SLOW AT COMING OFF. I ONLY LOST 1LB THIS WEEK, DESPITE BEEN REALY GOOD:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
MY FOOD DEMONDS ARE OUT AND SHOUTING AT ME TO GO EAT AS IT WILL MAKE ME FEEL BETTER, I KNOW IT WON'T, BUT I'M TEMPTED!!! HELP!!!:giveup::gen147:

Dont give up!!!!! have you tried sparkling water? makes me feel full.
You have still lost weight, think positive, I know its hard. :)

Hi Mandy
I'm new to this forum so nice to meet you.

I am a Cambridge Counsellor and have helped nearly 150 people to lose weight, including myself. I can completely understand your frustration. Are you on Sole Source? If you are, this weight loss is very unusually slow and I would like to ensure the following:

Are you drinking minimum 4 pints of water a day?
Are you having only the liquids on the recommended list?
Have you checked with your counsellor to see if you are in ketosis?

This would be the first things I would check with my clients,
Let me know
Niki

It worries me that you are disheartned when look how much you have lost! 12 pounds is a lot of weight....avoid temptation and comfort eating and try to be proud of how far you have come! Your doing so well :):):):) everyone loses weight differently, but in the end, if you stick to it you will reach your goal!

Yeah i am in ketosis but it only light pink.... i drink over 4 pints of water most days but do struggle when at work. I'm a nurse and work on an extreemly busy ward, we are lucky to get a dinner brake some days, so i can go nearly 8 hour with only having 1/2 a pint, which i know doesn't help, i only work three days a week at mo, as just gone back from my maternaty leave. So i try hard on the days i'm off to drink loads. My CDC seems to think it could be hormonal, just over 5 months since the birth of my son, and my TOTM, is all over the place, i had mine this week. I am SS and had two slip ups in the four weeks but stuck to it rrest of time.

i'm off to the gym for a swim, not gonna be looking in the fridge then.... this is so HARD!!!

I am also a nurse and i also work three days a week. You are entitled by law to have a break and under no circumstances should you not be, it's bad management. I am very lucky as my senior nurse and i run a tight ship and encourage our nurses to have their entitled, unpaid breaks, you need to get your heads together with whoever you are on with and work something out as it's the patients who are at risk. You could go to your linen room and ask for a bigger pocket to be put into your dress and carry your water in this, let them know why (handy for when you need them to change your dress cos you've gone down a size) and you will find them encouraging and supporting you. Since the first of January i have lost 25lbs, i can't remember my number to update my ticker but that's a minor detail. My OH says he'll do me another. But my point is my larger losses haven't been until these latter two weeks so keep up the good work. Try laying off the exercise as i have these last two weeks as advised by my cdc as muscle weighs heavier. Sorry if i sound like i'm preaching i'm not just don't want you to get disheartened and give in.

Oh Mandy, please don't feel disheartened, 12lb off is better than on and you have been brilliant to keep going when you feel like this. You are stronger than I, food would have been my comfort. So relish in the fact you are still going strong.
I don't envy the job you do, nurses are over worked and under paid and neglected. You never see a neglected Surgeon or registrar!
I hope your weigh in this week gives you inspiration - you go girl, big hugs and fingers crossed :)

Mandy, please keep at it! As everyone has said, 12lb is a lot of weight to have already lost, and your lack of water across the course of your day will definitely hamper your losses. Do try to keep a litre bottle around your workplace so that you can grab a few more gulps here and there.
Stick at it, and build on your success!
Take care
Cxx

Mandy, you are not alone ((hugs)) i know just how you feel - i had my 2nd weigh in mon and only lost 1/2 lb! :cry: i couldnt believe it i felt really crappy but im sticking with the diet to see what this week brings, how many shakes a day are you having? i have 3 and a 200 kcal meal,(im 5;8) im enjoying the diet but wanna see results on the scales! fingers crossed for next weigh in! :p

awwww hun try and stick with it, you are still having losses which in time will get you where you want to be. Perhaps it is taking a while for your bosy to get used to it :(

morning Mandy

i know exactly how you feel as my weight loss is like yours
wk1-7lb
wk2-4lb
wk3-1lb:sigh:
wk4-0lb:eek:

i think it is linked to the water i drink as i only manage 2 litres if im lucky, im on maternity leave at home with 6 month baby so this week i filled up lots of bottles of water to get through so knocking back 3 1/2 litres from morning to late night beofre bed and so far its working, in 2 days ive shifted 4lbs so expecting a good loss this week, maybe our bodies just needa rest now and again:p
it is depressing when you do the diet and nothing happens on the scale but atleast its not going up!!

keep going, put some bottles on your work station and keep sipping!!

good luck xxx

Mandy, you can do it. I think average weight loss is 3lbs per week so over the last two weeks you are right on target.

Back