Why wont he do it! - ARGH!?

Littleslimmingbee

Gold Member
Why wont he finish putting up the BBQ? and now he's saying he wont have it ready for saturday.. its like he's trying to piss me off.

:mad: I cant do it myself and dont have a dad to ask.. so i have to wait for him to do it.. but iv got all this joes sausages/meats and i want my damn bbq.

Ah don't fret hun. Don't waste your energy on being angry, it's not going to make him do it and you're just getting cross chick.

Leave well alone and he may do it. Alternatively, see if you can get a disposable one for the weekend or use a grill. I know it's not the same but you won't be as stressed.

**hugs** Fern.

*humpf* & *Stamps Feet* lol

eurgh, i honestly dont understand men! - he's just mowed the grass for the 4th time in 3 days.. yet he wont finish the bbq?

Maybe i just wont 'do' somthing else!

xx

Here is an idea that once worked for me:

Without saying a word, but making sure that he sees you, pick up the necessary tools and equipment and head off into the garden and make a start on whatever needs to be done.

I know you say you can't do it, but that doesn't matter - just have a go, and make a real mess of things.

I bet you he will be out there like a shot, telling you how incompetent you are, at which point you will smile sweetly and let him show you how it should be done!

Fern - he's probably started doing it (without reading the destructions properly if he's anything like every man I've ever seen putting anything together), and now he's procrastinating.
Chances are you'd be able to follow the instructions and do it just fine, but think Avisk's suggestion is best. If you do this okay you'll be setting a precedent for all future DIY after all.

(And those disposable ones are actually pretty good you know!)

x

Hi Fern, i know how annoying this is - ive had the same problem with my OH and Ikea flat pack until one day i decided to give it a go myself.

Have a bash at it, read the instructions and i bet you put it up fine and like avisk said, he will probably come out to help you once he see's you doing it anyway.

i think thats a great suggestion!

Im going to attempt it tomorrow after work. I shall make sure i time it so he walks in just as im in the middle of it all.

I AM GOING TO HAVE THAT BBQ TOMORROW!!

MMmm - and all those Joe's Sausages!!! Yum!
Will keep my fingers crossed for the sun to come out for you.
x

I found that the only way to do ut is myself, then I separated so had no choice. I hate asking my Dad to do stuff I should be able to do myslef. Men like to feel useful, so if yu do manage to do it yourself, which I KNOW you could, he won't like it. It'll get done quicker next time.

Lynda

Here is an idea that once worked for me:

Without saying a word, but making sure that he sees you, pick up the necessary tools and equipment and head off into the garden and make a start on whatever needs to be done.

I know you say you can't do it, but that doesn't matter - just have a go, and make a real mess of things.

I bet you he will be out there like a shot, telling you how incompetent you are, at which point you will smile sweetly and let him show you how it should be done!

This works everytime!!! xx

works in my house too.Waited 2 yuears for the hall/stairs landing to be done. I started and guess who finished it?Not me.

The first time I ever ironed a shirt for my husband he was horrified by the mess I made of it, and never let me do it again - he always ironed his own shirts.

Odd how he never seemed to wonder why it was that I could iron my clothes, including shirts that were very similar to his, with no problems at all!!!!!

Ah memories! As a wee wifie in Glasgow I had the temerity to put tramlines in OH's shirt sleeves! I was banned from doing his shirts :D. If I fancied a change of colour on the walls, I would buy the paint and do half a wall. Because I used to "mark the ceiling" I was banned from doing that too :D
See the pattern? :D

this reminded me of something. I tried this idea, but it didn't work. I'd bought a garden swing, and was told he'd 'do it later'. So I decded to start it, thinking he'd come help. Did he hell as like! Instead, he came to watch me, then spent the rest of the tme taking photos of the dog. However, I finished it, and I now get priority to sit on it lol

- Well. i mentioned doing it myself.. he told me i wasnt to go near it because there was no way i could do it!

- he still hasnt done it himself though..

Humpf!

No, no, you shouldn't have said anything. Just go out there and start bashing things around!

And of course you can do it. We are powerful women - we can do anything!!!

Sorry Fern, but that would really upset me. How dare he assume, and then worse, voice the opinion, that you are incapable. I'm probably a mug, but I would be out there like a shot proving I can do it better than him!! It's not exactly rocket science. Honestly Fern, just do it. It's not hard, relaly it's not. It's just a matter of following instructions.

Lynda

Sorry Fern, but that would really upset me. How dare he assume, and then worse, voice the opinion, that you are incapable. I'm probably a mug, but I would be out there like a shot proving I can do it better than him!! It's not exactly rocket science. Honestly Fern, just do it. It's not hard, relaly it's not. It's just a matter of following instructions.

Lynda

I totally agree, I am from a house of 4 girls and we didn't have any men around to help us, just give it a go you may 1. find that you can do it. and 2. may enjoy doing it! Don't be dependant on a man! hehe

xx

Back