Why you should draw a line under a bad week!!!

pesty

Fighting the bulge
2 weeks ago i had a really bad week, emotionally and physically tiring and i fell off the wagon horrendously in all forms - comfort foods, alcohol and laying around getting no exercise.

Monday i felt terrible, bloated, heavy, guilty and above all disapointed with myself! I forced myself to go to WI and i put on 4lbs. I was so annoyed at myself - in one week i has sabotaged 4 weeks worth of hard work!! Monday night i had a good cry and Tuesday morning decided to get back in the wagon and sort myself out!!!

I was really good all week eating my 1/3 free with every meal on EE and even had some vodkas saturday night (within syns)

I went to WI tonight hoping to have fixed some of the damage and i lost 4lbs!!!!!!

It goes to show that one bad week doesnt stop the hard work you've put in so far! If you've had a bad week - dont give up!! Ive been set back one week, for what i thought would be months, its not impossible if your determined enough!! Its given me such a fight to keep going.

Sorry this is a ramble but i wanted to help those that have had bit of a wobble, to help everyone to know not to give up. :)

xxxx

You are so right. I've been ill with tonsillitis for the last week and didn't go to WI. I'm been eating what I want, when I want (because I've been ill and feeling sorry for myself). Dreading Thursday WI but I'm gonna go and accept what ths scales say. I can easily lose what I've put on. Well I think I can...

This is such a positive thread Pesty and fantastic advice!!! Well done for fighting back and you are so right, we shouldn't let one bad day, weekend, or week get us down- it's very easily rectified afterwards!! You've done brilliantly to get focussed again on the plan after the terrible time you've had! I hope you are OK! Your friend would have been (and I'm sure still is) very proud of you!!XXX

thanks for that pesty, just wanted to say i love the sig '
If you arent hungry for free foods, you aren't really hungry!' so true!!​

well said pesty, I completely agree with you and your fantastic advice.

Congratulations on your fab weightloss :D:D

You are so right. I've been ill with tonsillitis for the last week and didn't go to WI. I'm been eating what I want, when I want (because I've been ill and feeling sorry for myself). Dreading Thursday WI but I'm gonna go and accept what ths scales say. I can easily lose what I've put on. Well I think I can...

That's the best way to be - as much as i didnt want to go to have a week to 'rectify the damage' i know i wouldnt have, i wouldve just carried on not knowing where i stood, eating what i wanted and it wouldve started a spiral.

Good luck on Thursday and if you have a gain i guarantee you can get it back off with a good attitude and a big effort!!

xx

I am in for a gain this week as I have been away since Thurs eating out and partying for hubby's and my birthday but I will just get it over with and get back on plan and hope next week shows

Thank you for all your positive responses!! I just want everyone who thinks they've had a gain or has had one to go to group and go for it the next week - whatever the damage it can be fixed!! If i can do it anyone can!!

I think the thing is not to punish yourself for it.

xx

I know when I slip up and think oh s**t done it now and just continue munching away. I have learnt that even if I mess up given myself flex syns helps stop the munchies but helps if I am struggling. Also in my food diary book I write on the day that is completed 100% so I can llok back to see how many 100% I have done instead fixating on the one incident which helps me feel more positive and kick up the booty to continue with my journey )

I'm so glad I read this post. I fell off the wagon in style at the weekend and was already thinking today that I might skip weigh in on Wednesday. I'm going to go and face those scales and get back on track! Well done for getting back on track yourself x

Great post - would thank you if I knew how!!

Its so easy to have a bad week and then give up for ages undoing all th egood work. You're proof that if it goes on quick it comes off quick.....well done

I'm so glad I read this post. I fell off the wagon in style at the weekend and was already thinking today that I might skip weigh in on Wednesday. I'm going to go and face those scales and get back on track! Well done for getting back on track yourself x

Im glad i could help, it really is the best thing to do, afterall you wont know how to fix it if you dont know the damage!

xx

Well said Hun.
It goes to show how easy we can rely on food as a pick me up when we are feeling low...which of course makes things worse when it comes to facing the scales.
Its better to face them and then put right what you have done, rather than shy away and make the problem worse.

x

Great advice and a great way of dealing with a slip up... well done for getting your head back in the game and on losing the weight you put on xx

ps funcurls... super cute avatar! I love Hello Kitty :eek:)

Back