Why?

slim1day

Silver Member
:mad:Weighed in on Saturday for 1st time, well pleased with loss (11lb); thought i'd have a sneaky peek this morning and I've gained 1lb, why, why, why?
I've been 100%, exercised each day, and drunk loads of water.
Now feeling really low and disappointed, what's happened? Why have I gained when I have consumed far less calories than I've expended?:mad:

This is the problem with sneaky wi's. Ignore it and stay off them til Saturday. You can't fail to lose weight on this but fluctuations are normal. No more peeks

:( I feel your pain. I started Exante last Tuesday and did my first weigh in this morning and have lost 1lb. I did lose weight before starting Exante though by following a low calorie, low carb diet for a few days to get ready for it.

All this week I have been weighing daily (I know, I know, I shouldn't!) and was really pleased with a 4lb loss, but the next day it was all back on again. I don't know why either, I have done 4 days WS and 3 days TS with plenty of water, although not much exercise.

I am consoling myself that I FEEL a lot better; more energy, feeling brighter etc. And I am sure that the weight will come off.

How are you feeling? Did you take any measurements before starting that you can compare? I am sure that the weight will move, it has to just by following such a low cal diet! xx

Sorry that you've gained as well, but little bit pleased that's it not just me this has happened to.
I measured myself before i started and re-measured on Saturday (weigh in day), I'd lost an inch off of my bust, waist, stomach (biggest bit of me) and hips.

Wow, an inch loss is great. Well done! I am sure it'll be reflected in weight loss soon. Xx

If you've had an inch loss and an initial loss of 11lb why are you splitting hairs over a pound?

Seriously do not get hung up on the odd pound here and there. It will drive you crazy.

Weight will fluctuate all the time - time of day, where you stand on the scales even!

Just think how fantastically well you have done and try to concentrate on that. Stay off the scales under your next 'official' WI if you can - I know how tempting it is though!

Only medical scales (like at the doctor) are 100% accurate. That's why the scales we buy from Boots or Tesco cost £20 and not £400. I have a reasonably nice digital scale and if I move it to another room and weigh myself, I can get up to 2 lbs of difference compared to the location I weighed myself in 5 minutes ago.

If you are exercising you will probably be building muscle. Your body could be hanging onto water today due to hormones. Anything is possible.

If you have stuck to the diet you haven't gained any fat. Where would it come from? It can't magically appear out of thin air. You can't gain weight on 600 calories.

Weighing should carry a warning - beware it can seriously damage your health. Just be patient and wait, this cannot not work. VLCD result in weight loss - FACT.
But scales do not always accurately reflect weight loss, as others have said within a day weight can vary by as much as seven pounds. So if you don't want to lose your focus and you don't want to be distracted and put off - just don't weigh. Once a week, same time, same clothes or none is what is recommended.
GSQ

Back