Why?

Hi guys and gals,

It saddens me to say I have faffed around all bloody week :mad: Why have I done it?

1. Time of the month (started today)
2. Stressy week with the kids
3. Big row with OH
4. Because I just wanted to

Those are the top 4 reasons - but WHY do I deal with anyone of those things by eating food?

When I first started this diet (6 years ago) I discovered that whatever I feel, I feel in my stomach. Therefore - especially if it's a bad thing - I eat to smother it (or heighten it, I guess?) How do I stop the cycle? I thought this time was going to be different and I'm really disappointed in myself.

Ugh :confused:

Be kind to yourself! Remember it's the journey not just your destination.
I see it that years of emotional eating are not going to change overnight, just use it as a learning curve and what would you change next time.
Stay focus, don't be so hard on your self.
Make this time different.
X

Hi guys and gals,

It saddens me to say I have faffed around all bloody week :mad: Why have I done it?

1. Time of the month (started today)
2. Stressy week with the kids
3. Big row with OH
4. Because I just wanted to

Those are the top 4 reasons - but WHY do I deal with anyone of those things by eating food?

When I first started this diet (6 years ago) I discovered that whatever I feel, I feel in my stomach. Therefore - especially if it's a bad thing - I eat to smother it (or heighten it, I guess?) How do I stop the cycle? I thought this time was going to be different and I'm really disappointed in myself.

Ugh :confused:
Are you really feeling it in your stomach?? Are you an emotional eater.??
I say this, because I think I am the same. 2 of the reasons there are emotional ones (kids and OH)
I eat when happy, sad, angry etc and when I would eat I would feel euphoric... For a short time and then in would set the guilt, frustration my mood swings were terrible and everyone would get it in the neck.
If I feel I want to eat, I think of how I will feel after and it stops me. Don't know why it took me to get to 25st+ to realise that!!?
its only 1 week plenty more weeks to put it right!!

Back