WI day - what do you eat?

couteaux

Silver Member
I know we've talked about this before but I couldn't find a thread. Sorry in advance if I missed it.

I got into a bad habit of hardly eating anything at all on WI days and made myself feel rather awful with headaches on those days (so silly) so, I'm being much more sensible about it, but still don't really want to eat anything too heavy, like pasta or a jacket spud.

So, what do you all eat on WI's? Need some inspiration ;)

I tend to have my breakfast as usual and then a salad for my lunch as my weigh in will now be on a Tuesday at 5.30.
One thing I do avoid is a Green day the day before as I do weigh heavier with carbs.
I also take a piece of fruit to munch during Image Therapy as it goes on until 7pm and Im usually starving by then!

I have either porridge or weetabix for breakfast and for lunch I'll have either some home made veg soup or chicken salad or something else light, followed by fruit and yoghurt. I tend to have my lunch about 1pm and then I'll have a cuppa at 2pm. After that I don't have anything.
I must admit by the time I get home from WI at 7pm I am hungry but this does me okay for the daytime. I always stick jacket spuds in the oven before I go out and make some salad and tuna and grate some cheese so when I do get in my dinner is all ready!

when I had evenings wi's, I used to eat anything for lunch, but then not eat until after the class (aside from a piece of fruit if I was starving) also, I stopped drinking about 3 hours before, 'a pint of water weighs a pound and a quarter!'

now I wi on a wed morning, I just have a cup of tea, and take a hifi bar with me and a piece of fruit. there is a chippy just opp the church hall we meet in, its just not on, it has to go! should be banned! ;o)

I have breakfast as normal, a load of fruit throughout the morning then I have a very light, early lunch around 11.30am, I stop drinking my water at 3pm too, I get weighed though at 5pm so it is probably a little easier for me, if my WI wasn't until after 6pm I couldn't do it

Eating hardly anything on WI day is not only tricking the scales and showing a false weight, it is lying to yourself. You do yourself no amount of injustice by doing this. It's what you weigh when you starve yourself, not when you follow a sensible eating plan. I eat normally on WI day, the same as I would any other day. All you need to do is follow the plan normally on WI day. Sure, the first week you may not get a massive loss like if you had hardly eaten, but after that week it'll balance it out properly. This plan isn't about healthy eating habits for 6 days, followed by 1 day of starvation. It's a plan for 7 days a week. I know this post is harsh, but it still astounds me that people still feel the need to try and trick the scales.

Mrs V -I started doing that too - having a red day the day before WI. I think I'll do that again, seemed to help. Wish I'd thought of that yesterday, I was on carb overload! ;)

Jaylou - Veggie soup sounds good. I should have prepared some last night, will definitely do that next week :)

Msblonde - Chippy across the road? Ouch, that really should be banned! lol Unless they could start doing SW chips, they'd make a killing on your WI days ;)

Julie - My WI is at 7pm, would LOVE an early morning one or earlier one but there aren't any near me, it feels like an age away when the tummy rumbles kick in ;)

I've just had some smoked salmon and will have some fruit, than that'll be it until 8 *rumble rumble* :D

I WI on a saturday morning and before I take my daughter to Ballet, so normally I have a couple of pints of water before 8am and then I have my breakfast after WI which is normally 2 Alpen Light Bars x

Eating hardly anything on WI day is not only tricking the scales and showing a false weight, it is lying to yourself. You do yourself no amount of injustice by doing this. It's what you weigh when you starve yourself, not when you follow a sensible eating plan. I eat normally on WI day, the same as I would any other day. All you need to do is follow the plan normally on WI day. Sure, the first week you may not get a massive loss like if you had hardly eaten, but after that week it'll balance it out properly. This plan isn't about healthy eating habits for 6 days, followed by 1 day of starvation. It's a plan for 7 days a week. I know this post is harsh, but it still astounds me that people still feel the need to try and trick the scales.

It is a bit harsh!
I think many of us eat normally but eat less if that makes sense? For example, I would have porridge or weetabix normally (or sometimes a cooked breakfast) and salad or soup for lunch is normal too. I just wouldn't have a bowl of pasta or a jacket potato on weigh day. I also miss out my afternoon snack, but that is it. It's not about tricking the scales, it's about not going with a very full tummy!!!

I eat my breakfast and lunch as normal, then dont have anything until after weigh in.
We have a chipshop opposite our church hall (i dont like chips...which helps) but the irony is, its run by our consultants dad. Ha :p

It is a bit harsh!
I think many of us eat normally but eat less if that makes sense? For example, I would have porridge or weetabix normally (or sometimes a cooked breakfast) and salad or soup for lunch is normal too. I just wouldn't have a bowl of pasta or a jacket potato on weigh day. I also miss out my afternoon snack, but that is it. It's not about tricking the scales, it's about not going with a very full tummy!!!

I just don't understand why you should change your eating habits purposely because your getting weighed. Purposely choosing not to have one type of food because you think it's heavier is rubbish. You may as well start weighing eveything you eat so can deduct that from your WI weight.

Hi evanesco

I did get into a silly habit for about 3 wks of hardly eating, but as I said above I don't do that anymore. It was not good and made me feel rubbish.

So far today I have had:
1/2 a melon and 1 punnet strawberries
2 large eggs on 2x HEb bread
Lunch: Pack smoked salmon, banana & apricots.
Coffee & squash

I'll then enjoy my dinner later. So, I'm not starving myself for one day at all, it is more about finding things that aren't hugely heavy (if that makes sense?) A big jacket potato & beans or pasta for lunch aren't ideal - and it is actually similar to how I eat when I am in the office, but I am just paying more attention to it when it is WI day.

:)

I am just going to eat normally - do not see the point in diving for the line. However, I am getting weighed at midday, so easier to say that!
It is a long term goal, so weekly WIs are just a progress update really - you know what you have eaten and if it will affect your weight on the day - so bare that in mind when you find out your weight.

Hi evanesco

I did get into a silly habit for about 3 wks of hardly eating, but as I said above I don't do that anymore. It was not good and made me feel rubbish.

So far today I have had:
1/2 a melon and 1 punnet strawberries
2 large eggs on 2x HEb bread
Lunch: Pack smoked salmon, banana & apricots.
Coffee & squash

I'll then enjoy my dinner later. So, I'm not starving myself for one day at all, it is more about finding things that aren't hugely heavy (if that makes sense?) A big jacket potato & beans or pasta for lunch aren't ideal - and it is actually similar to how I eat when I am in the office, but I am just paying more attention to it when it is WI day.

:)

This is a perfect example of a normal day. My point was geared more towards those who try and survive on an apple until a 5.30pm WI, then moan they're starving. It's better to eat properly, and judge your weight loss over a month.

Well I'm afraid we'll have to agree to disagree!! I've done this for years, it's what I do and how I work and I'm not sure I'm in the minority either!!
It makes sense not to have a big lunch when I then have to pay to get weighed. Eating a lot at lunch time (and by that I mean a big meal) is bound to weigh heavier in my stomach than salad or soup. I could be a saint all week but if I have a large lunch then that effort will not show on the scales.

On this one, I agree with Couteaux.

Well I'm afraid we'll have to agree to disagree!! I've done this for years, it's what I do and how I work and I'm not sure I'm in the minority either!!
It makes sense not to have a big lunch when I then have to pay to get weighed. Eating a lot at lunch time (and by that I mean a big meal) is bound to weigh heavier in my stomach than salad or soup. I could be a saint all week but if I have a large lunch then that effort will not show on the scales.

On this one, I agree with Couteaux.

Have to say, I agree with you.
If, for instance we have only lost half a pound for the week, then eating a 'heavy' meal beforehand is not going to help matters!!
I'm not talking about only eating an apple all day before weigh in, more about not eating the huge quantities that we might on other days!

Surviving on nothing but an apple is definitely not a good idea!

As Jaylou said, going to WI after eating a big meal will of course show on the scales, if you've always done that, then carry on. But due to my WI time, I'll always have dinner afterwards.

I don't think anyone here is starving themselves on WI days, we're just having lighter options, then our meal when we get back.

Even when I wasn't eating much, it was waaaaay more than an apple ;) I couldn't keep going on that until lunch, let alone my weigh in!

Back