WI Number 15 and the start of re-feed!

Medea, is this LT refeed stuff?? How does refeed work?
Well done on your amazing journey x

Sorry I haven't replied earlier- I have only just checked my post! I got the re-feed info a few weeks ago from my pharmacist as I explained my work situation to him. It's worth getting a few weeks before you start re-feed so you can properly prepare- I certainly wouldn't have been if I had got the info on the day!
Basically, you start with having 2 maintenance products with a meal of protein (chicken, white fish fillet, tofu or quorn) with a salad or 2 tablespoons of cooked veg- pretty much green veg, no sweetcorn allowed. As you go through the re-feed you up the meals according to the plan and reduce the maintenance products. However, the maintenance products can be used forever! As the products are low GI it is suggested that once you have completed re-feed, you have one before a meal as this will help fill you up and therefore you will have greater control over your portion sizes.

Due to the fact that LT enables you to lose weight at a dramatic pace you will need to watch your fat consumption as soon as you start eating 'normally' again. If you don't, you could end up getting gall stones (one of the side-effects of losing weight quickly). I have estimated that it will take about a year for my body to adjust, so as long as I am very careful, I hope the dreaded things won't develop (I just estimated that if I was going to lose weight in a traditional manner, it would have taken me around 12 months to get to where I am now).

Remember, if you intend to follow a low GI plan once you have finished LT: check the fat content. Low GI does not mean low in fat. xxx

well done and good luck!

Sounds yummy! I'm looking forward to that stage! Well done for getting to maintenance!!

Back