Wibbly wobbly, wirey diary :)

lexximon

Helllloooooooo!!

So I've been slimmingworlding for like 10 days now and actually enjoying it! I've been reading other people's posts and have decided to keep a proper food blog, as well as using the food diary app on my phone (keeps me in check!). Ill be posting pictures of the better looking dishes and recipes if anyone wants them.

I'm currently 6st overweight which really gets me down, especially as 18 months ago I finished the lighter life diet and weighed 10st. It was a horrid diet and I was only spurred on by quick losses. However, I think that it has messed with my body and mind a bit, and I think it's now time to actually eat normally and healthily.

I'm not a member of a group right now as I'm a poor student, but I shall join when my loan comes in :)

I've never been a big cake/sweets eater, but I am a savoury binger and do love my comfort foods.

I like to be inventive with food when I have the time, but I don't believe in eating anything on this plan that I wouldn't normally eat, like crisps made from lasagne sheets etc.

So here goes the food blog then.....

Friday 30/08/13

It's 11am and I'm having a late breakfast in bed before I have to get ready to go to work. I had planned to do a mini fry-up with beans, egg and a quorn sausage....but I couldn't be arsed!! Haha! So instead I had 3...yes 3 weetabix (1 1/2 HEB) with a mullerlight and 7 strawberries. I feel totally stuffed!

I've sort of planned my food for later: jacket potato and beans when I'm in work (free), alpen light as my snack (1/2 HEB).

Not sure about dinner yet....except I know that I really fancy some corn on the cob! Might do that with some sweet potato wedges and melted cheese (HEA). Good plan :p

Xx

Ooooooooft dinner was yummy! Got in from work just after 10pm to find a sweet potato already under the grill waiting for me :) Had that with a couple of laughing cow triangles, 2 Linda McCartney sausages and some sweetcorn and I'm a very satisfied bunny!! Also snacked on 1 1/2 small poppadoms: a good substitute for crisps IMO and very tasty :)

So, by my calculations today I've had 1xHEA, 2xHEB, 9 syns and around 1300 calories (not like I'm really counting, but I think it's good to know).

My mates text me to remind me about curry night...as if I could forget!!

On a different note, I saw 2 young girls today, aged about 6 and 8. They were bigger than I was at their age. I hope they don't have the same self esteem and bullying issues as I did: they seemed happy enough, but I can't help but feel sorry for them. Being the fat kid is tough :(

Hi Lexi, Well done on starting with the dieting and getting your diary up and running too!
I always think that it is far better to deal with the problem of food than going in with the non-food type of thing as this has to be dealt with sooner or later... but such a shame that the weight has gone back on again.
Never mind .. at least you are young enough to get to grips with it all and be able to enjoy the fruits of your labour. I have managed to get nice and slim 3 times during my life and each time swore I wouldn't put it on again! :sigh:
I can't comment on your menu as I am not doing the SW and tbh I don't understand it anyway. :D

All the very best to you :)

Hi Lexximon,

Here to subscribe. Your food diary is looking good! The lighter life diet is good for short term weight loss but as soon as you start eating again it all goes back on as I know a few people that have done it. Slimming world is far better and you don't feel like you are missing out on anything :)

Good luck! x

Thanks folks!! I really appreciate the support :) I think lighter life is good for some really extreme cases, but ultimately I messed it up myself :/ Still, slow and steady wins the race, which is how I see s/w!

Breakfast today, although its nothing new, was tasty tasty tasty!! I love quorn burgers (always have, even tho I'm not veggie), so being able to have one on toast (1/2 HEB) with a fried egg on top is a great way to start my day!!

Ill be taking an alpen light bar (1/2 HEB) and a morello cherry mullerlight Greek yogurt to work as my snack.....ooooooft! I'm gonna dunk that bar in my yoghurt!! It'll be like a Black Forest taste sensation haha!!!
Ill also be doing the same lunch as yesterday- a tasty jacket n beans combo- simple but satisfying!!

Hmmmmmmmm then for dinner....? Well I've got some pointed red peppers that I was thinking of stuffing with some rice, spring onions, tuna (HEB) and cheese (HEA), and making some kind of coleslaw from grated carrot and red onion. Ooooooh yeah that sounds good!!

I won't have used any syns at that point, so I might have a rum n coke....or save them towards the curry night tomorrow? We shall seeeeeeee :)

Tattybyes!

Good luck with your plan, I'm sure you'll do just fine. The first diet I ever went on was just powdered soups and milk shakes. I dropped weight like nobodies business, but put it all back on as soon as I came off the liquids and put even more on. Then I've been yoyo dieting for 20 odd years. I think learning how to eat normal food sensibly is very important.

Exactly!! And dammit, I want to be normal!! Haha, good luck innit? ;)

Well, while my delicious dinner is cooking I had a quick slice of bread (1/2HEB) with some l/f cream cheese (part of HEA)...boring but filled a hole!

I'm excited for my dinner tho! 2 pointy red peppers split in half lengthways, then filled with pilau rice, spring onions and mozerella cheese (remaining HEA). It smells sooooooooo goooooood!!! If I don't eat it straight out of the oven, I might be able to take a photo: can't promise tho! ;)

Ooooooooh AND I still have my choclit alpen light bar and cherry yoghurt to eat.....going to crumble the bar into the yoghurt *DROOL*.

Damn my dinner is smelling good. This is diet food right? Haha!!

http://m1335.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/lexxifer1/photo_zps5dbe99b1.jpg.html?o=0

Pic of my perfect pointy peppers. Very tasty, but while I was eating them I forgot that I hadn't put on any Worcester Sauce! Aaaaaahhhh!! Oh and yes that is some Hellmans 'So light it barely exists in this universe' mayo on the side. Not bad at all, and for a dinner that comes in at around 300 cals, a freakin steal too!

And according to my diet app I should still eat another 200 cals....so maybe 2 yoghurts with my alpen light ;)

NOICE!! Alpen light, broken into pieces and mixed into my yoghurt...that's getting done every day!!

So to sum up, today I've used just over 1 HEA, 2 HEB's, 0 syns and about 1300 calories.

Tomorro will be a red (original) day. So far I'm thinking.....

Bacon, scrambled eggs and toast for breakfast.

A light lunch of homemade coleslaw and a couple of venison sausages.

Then......

Takeaway curry!!! I'm trying to decide what's best to have. I don't care about having rice, chips, naans or chipatis....but I do love a tandoori mixed grill and a saag paneer. I'm not sure just how naughty all that will be, but I've got about 30 syns to use :D

Bring. It. On.

Good morning!! Well....not entirely good! Woke up with a CRASH as one of the cats decided to have a smashing time with the washing up I had left from last night: broken plates and bowls all over the floor! Plus, woken up with a sore throat, so not sure if I will have a curry tonight :/ Hey ho.

Then, dammit! I burnt my toast! This however turned to a plus, as it scratched nicely down my throat haha!! So breakfast today was 2xslices of toast (HEB) with 1 laughing cow extra light triangle (1/6 HEA), 1 fried egg, 3 rashers of turkey bacon (no fat to trim, take 2 mins to cook and are perfectly sandwich sized: I love the convenience!!) plus a drizzle of brown sauce (1 or 2 syns perhaps). TIP: seems obvious to most, but when eating a fried egg (and bacon) sandwich, maybe use a knife n fork, rather than doing what I did: holding it and getting runny egg all over me! Doh!

http://m1335.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/lexxifer1/photo_zps4b63b073.jpg.html?o=0&newest=1

Happy eatings!

Hehe cheers! I really fancied a curry too, so I think I'm going to look online for some kind of curried kebab I can make with the extra lean minced beef I've got in the fridge.

Just tried the venison sausages I bought (£2 for 6) and they were rather lovely, plus low in fat! Winning! I made a kind of coleslaw out of grated carrot, red onion (used 1 whole onion: too much!), 28g cheddar cheese, extra light mayo, tsp of mustard, lemon juice and pepper. I only ate half of the large amount it made, so have only used 1/2 of a HEA and 2 syns. I shall keep the rest to go on my jacket spud tomorrow.

http://m1335.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/lexxifer1/photo_zps5be63c59.jpg.html?o=0&newest=1

P.S. I may pop to the shops and get me a galaxy ripple in a bit.....

So....I'm not up for going round the mates' for curry night which is a bit depressing. Instead tho, I have made my own seekh kebabs! Ive used 250g extra lean minced beef, garlic, cumin, turmeric, ginger, chilli, coriander, salt and an egg yolk: mixed it all together and rolled it out into sausage shapes around some skewers, and now just leaving them to settle for a while before I whack them under the grill. Now i need to find a recipe for raitha...or even a low syn masala sauce to go with it....

Hey Lexximon. That egg and turkey-bacon sandwich looks gorgeous. I love those turkey rashers, they are so convenient and quick to cook! Probably healthier too

You are right lindz, it worked out at around 80 cals for 3 rashers. I know I'm doing a red day, and can eat as much of that as I like....but for £2.50 a pack I won't be doing THAT haha!!

Not feeling fantastic, so am going to go to bed with a hot chocolate and peanut butter on toast :p It works out at 10 syns for that, but Ive only used 2 on my low fat mayo today, plus ITS WHAT I WANT haha!! So adding up today if done 1 HEA, 2 HEB, 12 syns and around 1400 calories. But i may also take a yoghurt and some raspberries to bed too, and have an 'Im-so-lonely-and-fat-and-depressed' picnic in my bedroom.

Night all!

Back