Wii Fit - Anyone use one to keep kit?

couscous

We've gpot a wii fit so i plugged it in today and did 15 minutes of step and jogging and hula hoop and now I'm done in! Does anyone use this regulary and if so do you think it has helped?

Hi Couscous.
Definitely. At the moment this is my only form of exercise as I'm home with the kids alot and don't have much time for anything else but I try to do about 30 mins every night and although it's probably too soon to see a difference I can definitely feel it, better stamina in the aerobic stuff for starters.

Yeah, I have. I'm not as disciplined with it as I should be though and don't use it as often as I should. I think the hula hooping, jogging and boxing is best. I do half an hour at a time whenever I do use it.

I only managed 15 minutes and i was done in! Took the dogs for a walk after though. I'm going to try and use it a bit more as its fun and is a bit different and hula hooping really doesn't feel like exercise. Maybe i should stick to the jogging, the weight will surely fall off then

I only managed 15 minutes and i was done in! Took the dogs for a walk after though. I'm going to try and use it a bit more as its fun and is a bit different and hula hooping really doesn't feel like exercise. Maybe i should stick to the jogging, the weight will surely fall off then

The more you use the Wii fit the more features and activities you unlock. I do 6 mins on hula hoop (3mins each way) then 10 mins boxing, either a long distance or island run, and some step aerobics (can't remember the time limit). I tend to start with an aerobic workout to get the blood pumping, slow down on step aerobics or boxing to get my breath back then go back to blood pumpng aerobics and finish with another slower workout such as boxing again. So long as you keep your body warmed up the whole time and don't stop completely you can slow it down to gain your breath back before going again to burn the fat.

I stick to the aerobic exercises rather than muscle workouts as aerobic exercise burns the fat off quicker.

Aerobics will raise your metabolism for a short while after you do it, but using weights (low wt /high reps) tones up the muscles which actually burns more calories even when you're sitting still . So a mix of both is best.

Last edited:
Aerobics will raise your metabolism for a short while after you do it, but using weights (low wt /high reps) tones up the muscles which actually burns more calories even when you're sitting still . So a mix of both is best.

Sorry, I meant the muscle workouts on the Wii fit which are stretching exercises, nothing to do with weights.

Of course if going to the local gym, or even at home, it's best to combine both aerobic and anaerobic exercise together. All you need is a couple of baked bean tins to work the arms, lats and deltoids but would probably need the gym to help work out most of the other muscle groups on the lower half of the body. The aerobic exercise would be taken care of with the Wii or an exercise video for example if you don't like running or skipping etc which is free.
Personally I hate gyms and would much prefer to keep fit and lose weight by playing a sport such as tennis, netball, squash or hockey. But unfortunately I hve no one of any groups in my area to take part in....so the Wii it is :(

Swimming is the best sport all round for toning muscles but it isn't great for weight loss and needs to be combined with a cardio workout for the best results.

Back