Wii Fit - is it worth it?! Really?!!?

Zoticus

Monster Scoffer
I've been doing Wii fit for a while, just once or twice a week for a total of about 1hrs excercise. I set myself a goal on the wii which is in calories - my goal is 356 calories, the equivilent of a fried chicken leg (pointless to me because im vegetarian lol!)
Anyway, I do about an hours exercise because thats how long it roughly takes to burn that amount of calories, and I do get out of breath so I assume its doing good but does anyone actually know if it does anything?!
Has anyone actually noticed a difference?

Any exercise is better than none! So yes, it definitely will help :)

You might find it better to work out for about half an hour as many times as week as you can (ideally every day! :eek:) making sure you get slightly out of breath and working up a sweat - this is what you're looking for from your exercise :)

a couple of years ago, i started eating healthily and using the wii fir for about 2 or 2 1/2 hours a week.
and i lost 2 stone in about 3 month, so yeah i guess it does something.
better than sitting on your bottom!

Good! I'll stick at it then, thanks everyone! My fiance was adament that Wii fit didn't do anything, can't wait to rub it in his face Haha!

I have been using my Wii fit Plus to track my weight loss, and have also set up my own little programme, which is half hour long, working on all the bits I want to get rid of!!
Im steadily seeing my weight drop on my wii fit graph...Id say definately stick at it, but maybe try doing a few half hour sessions every other day rather than an hour session once a week? :rolleyes:

Well I walk to & from college everyday which is at the top of a big hill and during college I climb 6 flights of stairs between classes. And I cycle about 6 miles on weekends so I do get other exercise. I'm also self consious about exercising in front of people so I tend to do the Wii fit at night when everyone has gone to bed. It's good cos I am a bit of a night owl & the time I used to spend scoffing quavers at 10pm is now spent exercising but does it make a difference what time of day you exercise?

Well you certainly get a decent amount of exercise!!
I use the Wii about three times a week, but Im a nurse, so the times vary for me. Its either 9 am in the morning, or 4pm in the evening to fit around my shifts. I dont think it matters what time you exercise- but like yourself, I hate doing it infront of people, which is why the wii is perfect for me!
I just bought the 'just dance' game, and it is brilliant fun, and really gives you a good work out! Its weigh day for me tomorrow, so will let you know how it goes after a week of Just Dance and wii combined...and swimming (but ive only just started this)!! :p

excellent! I'd love to know how you get on. Good luck xxx

I've done different types of excesize since i was a teenager and had the best result with the wii fit etc them any other feeling like i shaping up my full body rather them different section so would recammend it as well as being fun etc

sorry about bad spelling

lol thats alright fable I got what you meant ;)

Im sticking to the wii then, its pretty fun and I do get out of breath when I do it so it must be doing something. The only downside is because it seems to fun to be exercise I forgot to stretch afterwards and my legs felt like they were going to cramp at any given moment for a few days after so it MUST do something. Im glad I've got a couple of other opinions, I'd hate to have been wasting my time (and money! - they're not cheap are they!)

Well....no actual weight loss this week- i stayed the same, but according to the wii fit, my BMI has gone from 32 to 31 in a week- woohoo!
Bit dissapointed I didnt lose, but Ive done soo much exercise this week, think I may be gaining muscle mass. I have however, lost inches, so yay for wii fit! :D

That's brilliant! Keep it up! Xxx

Sent from my HTC using MiniMins

well done inches is still a loss what do you do on wii fit i do hula hoop band practice thinboxing and free running any thing you do that you would recommend as my weight slowed down

I do some yoga, muscle and then the jogging, hula hoops, kung fu, boxing then a cool down. I get at least 350 kcal burned each time and the Wii fit board still says 'ouch!' When I get on it - cheek!

Sent from my HTC using MiniMins

Back