Wii Fit

Cool!

I'm glad there are some folks who like using it! I really hope I stick to it as I could do with more exercise!

I tried the jogging emo - but I couldn't do it! First I had to follow a 'leader' but I kept overtaking him and apparently that's bad. Then I had to follow a dog, but my character fell over? Hah.

I'm sure I'll get used to it :)

I sometimes do that on purpose I like making my mii trip up, once you have played it a few times you unlock free jogging where you can jog on your own at your own pace

I think there are a couple of down sides to it though also, for example my son likes to use it also he is only 7 and is perfect weight and height for his age but the wii fit says he is obese, he doesn't undersand it though he just likes to play on it. It also doesn't measure muscle mass, so for example if you are slim but muscular, it will show that you are perhaps overweight.

I do agree with this, it was in the paper not long ago that nintendo were defending themselves over the fact that a healthy 9 year old girl was called Obese. They just replied that the BMI was for adults, however I try not to focus on what it says and just enjoy the game

I love my wii fit and if I didn't have a baby to look after every day I'd be on it a lot more! I've had it for two months now and manage to weigh in nearly every day but only manage to actually properly use it 2 or 3 times a week. Finding the time can be hard but it's easier than finding the time (and money) for a gym.
Also because it's in your house you can just stop when it all becomes a bit too much for you.
I've always hated running and jogging (memories of PE at school) but one of my favourites is the island lap on the wii jogging. Seriously feels like a good long run and I could never do that outside because I'd be too conscious. I also love the boxing (good if you're in a bad mood as you can punch the air and picture people's faces lol) and the step class and also hula hooping which is surprisingly hard work.

the console is roughly £180 I believe and wii fit is about £60/70.

MUCH better than buying a ticket for a gym unless you know you will go to the gym. It is a lot of fun and you feel like you want to do it. I just wish I had the time to do more on it!

Emerald
X

Thank you to everyone who has replied. This has given me food for thought (!) and I am seriously considering investing in a Wii and WiiFit.

AJ

I only got mine yesterday but tonight i cant move lol

Well, I've managed 15 minutes per day so far! I'm sticking to that for a couple of weeks and then I'm going to up it to 30 minutes (hopefully).

I'm liking the step aerobics... although it keeps telling me that I am not doing it right and it doesn't seem to recognise when I step on it or off it half the time. I don't care though, I'm still doing the exercise so the score really doesn't matter!

The jogging makes me knackered, I can do about 10 minutes and that's it. I LOVE the yoga, but again my balance is crap heh.

On the hula hooping... I like it but I can never seem to catch the ones that come flying to you? They just kind of bounce off my head. I'm obviously doing it wrong!

So, yeah, basically I'm really liking it so far and it's getting me moving a bit... but I'm ignoring all the scores and gradings. I'm hoping that is not going to affect what I unlock. Is it based on time spent playing or ability?

I think its based on time spent playing....

I can't get one for love nor money, tried everywhere, got my name on lists so just waiting. xxx

I got mine through website simplygames.com Used on line realtime availability checker.... took a few weeks though by the time I got it organised

Thanks for that amm will check it out. xxx

I can't get one for love nor money, tried everywhere, got my name on lists so just waiting. xxx

apparently toys r us and gamestation are good for getting stock in. i was lucky as my friend from work went to gamestation and they had them in stock so she got one for my boyfriend to give to me :D can't wait for crimbo!

I would say in regards to getting one, we decided on an evening that we would get one, the next day I had off work so I just sat at home calling all the local stores that would/might sell them. 1 was in stock but only as part of a bundle so I put my name down but kept calling other stores, a HMV had an order come in, once their order was in I called again and they had some so I nipped in and got it then cancelled my name on the other one once I had the (cheaper) HMV one.
So for getting one if you are serious about getting one and not paying more I'd recommend using a day off work and calling from your house before venturing out.
Also this site can help in finding them online but you do have to be quick:

Wii Fit In Stock Checker & Tracker

Emerald
X

I got mine from Gamestation, a good few months ago now, they had a few in there and so did HMV and another shop too! I went in the three places to check out the best deals, ended up paying about £360 for the whole lot, plus a few games. I am ashamed to say I have used it about 4 times!!!!! and nearly all the games are still in cellophane, why? I ask myself, because the four times I did use it I thoroughly enjoyed it! I need a great big kick up the bum, and if I could do it myself I would :-(

I got mine from Gamestation, a good few months ago now, they had a few in there and so did HMV and another shop too! I went in the three places to check out the best deals, ended up paying about £360 for the whole lot, plus a few games. I am ashamed to say I have used it about 4 times!!!!! and nearly all the games are still in cellophane, why? I ask myself, because the four times I did use it I thoroughly enjoyed it! I need a great big kick up the bum, and if I could do it myself I would :-(

*KICK* ...with steel toecap boot!

I love my wii. Got it for my birthday in August which came with the sports disc and nunchuck. Tennis was the only one I could play at the time but now I love playing all the sports, except the boxing. got the wii fit from Argos about a month ago and have only used it a few times, much prefer the sports.

Karen sending a kick ur way - hope you don't end up in timbuc2!!! Don't kno if theres a class there lol

Back