WiiFit's Weight Loss Diary

Had a vile day but thanks for asking Seacrest. Dreadful night's sleep tossing and turning with pain, clockwatching til I could have more painkillers then felt really sick after taking them. Was sposed to be meeting s-in-law for shopping/brunch in Brum but had to cancel. She came round with flowers and hot cross buns - I ate two but what the heck.

This afternoon when I changed the dressing I was shocked to see how cyst had erupted - was feeling very ill by now and oh insisted on taking me to the nearest NHS Walk In surgery. I had to keep going outside for air as I felt so sick. After an hour I saw a doctor who said it needed draining and asked did I want a local anaesthetic. I was past caring by now (or answering) and oh chirped up "She's had 3 caesarians, a hysterectomy and been a bone marrow donor and I think her pain threshold is quite high!" so the doctor went ahead and just did it. It was a bit painful - I was gripping oh's hand like mad and couldn't watch but he said it was horrendous and didn't know how he didn't pass out at the sight - revenge hah! :sign0137:

Anyway, I feel a bit better now, sore obviously but in nowhere near as much pain. Just have to keep an eye on the wound, keep taking the antibiotics and some alternative painkillers the doc gave me.

Oh cooked Quorn bolognese and pasta for dinner but I couldn't eat much. Really fancy some choc but don't have any in the house. I was sposed to meet friends for drinks and Chinese food tonight but obviously had to send my apologies.

Oh Wii you poor thing, I remember my son had an abscess last year ( between his bum cheeks of all places) and he was in agony with it, he was going to go to Birmingham Children's to have it drained but the Dr at A&E burst it when examining him
and I couldn't believe what came out, so I really feel for you, hope it stays drained now and you can try and get some rest xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks hells, unfortunately it seems to be swelling again. I can't see me being able to teach tomorrow. I have a GP apt tomorrow afternoon so it'll be looked at then. :sigh:

Thanks Seacrest. x

Not feeling too bad atm so, decided to do some gentle exercise on Wii and then have a bath and see what's occurring under the dressing. Really hope I don't have to have more invasive treatment bleurgh!

Hoping I'll be able to teach this afternoon. (I don't get paid otherwise lol) I'll have a bit of a dash from school to docs but hey ho.

OMG not going into details about when I changed the dressing but :sign0137:

Walked to school, taught, walked to GPs (that's me done for exercise today! Doc said it was "coming along nicely". I have to keep changing the dressings, taking the painkillers and go back again on Wednesday morning.

Have decided to give badminton a miss tonight.

Yes it is. I've eaten three cookies today - it's like my finger is permanently on the self destruct button - I don't know what's the matter with me!

Thanks ladies.

I know what my problem is, it's all the thinking involved - what to eat, when to buy it, how to cook it, actually doing all those things. The last time I lost any significant amount of weight was just before I got married - I joined WW and my mum planned and bought and cooked all my meals for me while I was at work - losing that weight was a doddle. Come to think of it, I only had 15 pounds to lose in total back then!

So basically, I need a chef.:D

WiiFitAddict said:
Thanks ladies.

I know what my problem is, it's all the thinking involved - what to eat, when to buy it, how to cook it, actually doing all those things. The last time I lost any significant amount of weight was just before I got married - I joined WW and my mum planned and bought and cooked all my meals for me while I was at work - losing that weight was a doddle. Come to think of it, I only had 15 pounds to lose in total back then!

So basically, I need a chef.:D

Haha I know that feeling :)

Is it worth getting a few quick frozen bits in for easy meals? Mine are the frozen jacket potatoes and frozen omelettes, just means on the days I'm too frazzled to think I can nuke one with some beans or something.

But I get the same with planning etc which is why I'm trying something different for a couple of weeks...

That sounds like a good idea hells. I've not seen those but then I've not looked for them. I usually order online from Tesco so I'll check that out.

Seacrest said:
Honestly, some of the time I'm very organisaed & planned, but my standby's are the pasta'n'sauce. They're clearly not good nutrition and not as healthy as the make-it-all-from-scratch meals I prefer, but when time or motivation is short, they work. As does beans on toast.....

Totally agree, sometimes when you're tired/busy etc it's good to have stuff in that will keep hunger at bay within plan. Other things I've bought are the "simply bake" type frozen fish meals, some of those are free and just go straight in the oven.

Thanks for the advice hells and Seacrest. I will definitely act on it!

I wasn't going to WI tonight but once again #1 daughter insisted and EUREKA!

I lost 1/2lb.

I know it's not much but it's movement - at last!!!!!

:)

WiiFitAddict said:
Thanks for the advice hells and Seacrest. I will definitely act on it!

I wasn't going to WI tonight but once again #1 daughter insisted and EUREKA!

I lost 1/2lb.

I know it's not much but it's movement - at last!!!!!

:)

Wohooo that's great after being so ill etc too, well done :)

Still a bit uncomfortable. Managing to do my teaching. Fortunately I walk around a lot while I do it lol. I'm back at the surgery this morning to get checked out.

Thanks again, you two. X

Back