WiiFit's Weight Loss Diary

Verdict from the nurse yesterday was - it's swollen and hot to the touch. She said to keep changing the dressings and go back next Wed so I have an appointment then BUT today it's even more swollen so I'm planning to go to see the doc on Monday morning. I can't go on like this. Not that I was planning on wearing a bikini next week but I would like it sorted before I go away!

Next week is full of celebratory birthdays/dinners/parties. I think SW is going to be put on the back burner til post 24th.

Just stopping by to sub! Am enjoying your posts on here :)

Sorry to hear you've been ill, that cyst sounds just horrible :( but congrats for managing to lose still! I was also under the impression that when ill you're likely to STS or gain because of fluid retention- so go you!!

As for needing a chef- totally agree!
I like to cook big batches of things to refridgerate or freeze. Often I chuck a load of veg from the market into a soup, it takes ten minutes to prepare (and some 2 mins of blending later) but feeds me for half the dinners in a week and throw in some Rivita if you want some crunch! It's so quick to heat up and would probably be really comforting while ill. I also make big batches of Bolognase as it is even nicer the next day and you can have it with anything really, but with quick cook pasta it's such an easy meal to put together if prepped before.

If I don't have the patience to cook and need food fast, even the pasta 'n' sauces take too long for my impatience :rolleyes: I do like teaming up a mug shot with some smash + cheddar and chop up some cherry tomatos and cucumber as a side salad- super quick! Can prep the salad in the 5 mins the mug shot takes to set and it's very satisfying!

Hope you feel better soon and enjoy your week of festivities! Make a speed soup if you can to eat when you aren't festive and prevent a gain! x

Thanks Tetris - some great ideas there. It's good to have you with us! :)

This is becoming more of a medical diary than a slimming diary but hey ho.

Saw the GP this morning - 45 minutes of trudging through snow to get there and the same back so at least I got some body magic in!

I've been described different antibiotics and if it hasn't improved by the end of the week or if it gets much worse I was told to go to A & E because they have the equipment there to drain it.:sign0137:

I wish I could say it's spoiled my appetite but I seem to be using it as an excuse to eat anything and everything!
:sign0007:

Oh dear :( hope these antibiotics work- A&E is such a waiting room nightmare!

Hi :) Ive been following your diary and because of you - I bought the Wii Fit Plus! :) I love it :thankyou: so much!

How are you doing Wii? Have you had a chance to try Exerbeat yet? :p x

WiiFit are you ok?

Hello everybody - I'm back! :wavey:

Thanks for all your comments, it's really nice to get here and read them.

I spent last week (half term) in Lanzarote. It was a week of sunbathing (mid to high 20's), swimming, riding on camels (should I have included that in my exercise diary? lol) and eating and drinking (oops!)

It was soooo good to relax after a rubbish few weeks. :)

The cyst is still around even after the second lot of antibiotics but is no longer painful or sore so I'm hoping it will eventually disappear. Obviously I'll keep an eye on it but to be fair, my bikini days are over lol.

I do feel heaps better physically and emotionally (although I'm at a funeral later today - that's the trouble with getting older) and after arriving home in the early hours of yesterday morning I managed to have a good SW day and go to badminton last night *polishes halo she wrenches away from Seacrest. :angel09:

There's no way I am going to meet my exercise challenge for February but I'm determined to do better in March and although my Wii informs me I've put 4lbs over the last ten days I am going to face the music at WI tonight.

I felt so much better about myself while I was away. I'm two dress sizes smaller than when I went away last Summer. I had my shoulder length hair cut short (chin length) before I went on holiday and everyone says I look younger (hurrah!) and of course atm I have a tan.

* goes to run a bath before she drowns in her own smugness

Anyway.

It's great to see you all doing so well and Yay at I & S getting a WiiFitPlus (I should really be on commission lol

Oooh Tetris - thanks for the reminder re Exerbeat - I must get that, completely forgot!

Exerbeat "not available" = gutted

Found one on ebay so bidding on that but shush don't tell anyone.:D

Apparently it is really hard to find :S we got it on amazon but must just have been lucky!

Glad to hear you had a fab trip and felt so confident! Amazing! Hope I feel the same on hol this summer. Am not letting myself in clothes shops until I'm slimmer but dont feel like I've lost a clothes size yet :rolleyes:
I'm sure those 4lbs will come off fast. Everyone says over xmas that what goes on fast comes off fast!
X

Well it was worse than I feared - I'd put on 5lbs. :sigh: I suppose when I think about it, that's over 3 weeks - a fortnight of which I was taking antibiotics and quite poorly and the other week I was away.

I'm now cooking tuna pasta.:eek:

You'll get it off quickly I'm sure :) I can't imagine stressing about syns on hol, I'm sure it was worth enjoying yourself! Couple of weeks and it'll be all off, better to gain a few lbs than lose a load of ££ on a holiday you don't enjoy to the max in my opnion :D
x

Back