WiiFit's Weight Loss Diary

Doh! That was far easier to see/do on my laptop than on the phone app.

*feels a right plonker

So much for doing MORE exercise, events overtook me and so far I've walked to and from school but only managed 10 minutes on the Wii today.

Was working all day in school then tutoring yesterday and out just after seven last night so opportunity to exercise. Grrr,

This morning was surreal. I went to a table tennis group at the Church hall and played table tennis very badly for two hours. It was surprisingly energetic.

Had quite a hectic week and feeling really tired today.

It's barely stopped snowing all day and the temptation to eat anything and everything grows ever greater.

WiiFitAddict said:
Was working all day in school then tutoring yesterday and out just after seven last night so opportunity to exercise. Grrr,

This morning was surreal. I went to a table tennis group at the Church hall and played table tennis very badly for two hours. It was surprisingly energetic.

Had quite a hectic week and feeling really tired today.

It's barely stopped snowing all day and the temptation to eat anything and everything grows ever greater.

I am soooo bad at table tennis.

Put all the naughty stuff in the shed so you have to freeze to get it, lol

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oooh I just realised I've not posted on here since the weekend - naughty me!

So how's it been going? Hmmm well..

I think I mentioned my Wii is broken. :cry:I'm going to have to get a new one but think I'm going to go for the mini Wii which my technically knowledgeable youngest daughter informs me will be sufficient for my requirements lol

I had a loooooooonnnnnngggg walk through deep snow with the dog on Monday as the school I work at was closed. That was exhausting but lovely. Annoying in that I'm self employed so don't get paid if I don't work. Ho hum.

Had a good two hour session at badminton on Monday evening but didn't feel I got as much exercise as last week.

Amazingly when I weighed in last night I'd lost 2lbs! Yay for me!

During the course of the meeting I began to feel hot and as though my throat was closing up and by the time I got home I had a high temperature and a raging sore throat. I dosed myself up and went to bed. I still feel a bit rubbish today so am planning to take it easy this morning and do my teaching this afternoon. This will be my last stint until after Easter - apart from private tutoring.

Congratulations on the weight loss - good news indeed, you must be pleased!

Bad luck on the Wii breakdown - must be overuse LOL. Nice excuse to treat yourself to some new technology though. The long walk sounds idyllic, I rather envy you the sound of that. Of course, would have been nice with a pub meal & a drink at the end of the walk....

Anyway, hope the lurgy goes away before the long weekend. BTW, how is the cyst - has all that cleared up now?

Yay at ordering exerbeat :D I need to crack that out again!
Congrats on 3 loss last week!! FAB work! You sould like you've kept super active, I feel so lazy!
X

Exerbeat arrived today but I have no Wii to play it on :cry:

Tetris, keep up - I lost 3lbs when I weighed in last week and 2lbs this so I finally lost the 5lbs I gained in Lanzarote lol

My throat is agony but I still taught this afternoon. The kids seemed to think it was some sort of game that I was whispering to them and whispered back lol

The cyst is still there in the form of two lumps and what looks like purple bruising but as it's no longer painful or tender I am ignoring it and hoping it will eventually disappear - thanks for asking Seacrest.

As for a pub meal at the end of the long walk - sounds like bliss! :) but unfortunately it didn't happen that day lol

Thanks hells. I have only a whisper of a voice today. :(

I teach years 2-6in schools. Mainly Maths but some English. I tutor both subjects privately, usually in prep for Grammar School entrance exams.

5lbs- nice!! Congrats on getting your hol weight off nice and quickly :D
Sorry to hear your throat is still bothering you :( cute that the kids were whispering back :D Is it nice teaching those ages? I can imagine the older kids get grumpier about classes where the younger ones are more willing to learn?

x

It varies from school to school Tetris but mostly the kids I teach don't get too grumpy whatever their age. That's probably because they have me for a shortish session (usually 25-35 minutes) and I mainly use games and fun activities to reinforce maths basics. Tutoring can be different because that lasts an hour and although I try to make it fun, some kids aren't keen on more school work after they've been there all day.

My throat feels really raw now and I have a tickly cough too. I've tried not to speak too much today which is bloody difficult as I'm a chatterbox.:(

Apart from #1 daughter moving into her first house with her boyfriend this weekend I should be able to take things relatively easily. Thanks Seacrest. x

After tossing and turning and coughing in bed for the last hour and a half I've given up and got up and made myself a cup of tea. Now trying to resist the urge to have a hot cross bun with it...

WiiFitAddict said:
After tossing and turning and coughing in bed for the last hour and a half I've given up and got up and made myself a cup of tea. Now trying to resist the urge to have a hot cross bun with it...

Oh no Wii, what a nightmare, at least you can maybe get some rest today-my cat has just woken me up trying to maul me, grrr

Did you resist?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I did resist. :) Just had some oatsosimple.

Thanks hells. I've just watched the final episodes of "Lightfields" and "The Big Reunion" (that made me feel so old!lol)

I'm trying to avoid taking anything that's going to sabotage my weight loss efforts (eg Strepsils, honey etc) but think I may have to.

The odd strepsil here and there shouldnt sabotage, surely? :( maybe you could cut them in half some how? Half the syns?

You sound like a freat teacher! So many teachers I had spoke in a monotonous voice with no enthusiasm- except one teacher in year 4 who used Smarties to teach us division and we got to eat them when we got it right :D loved her!

Back