WiiFit's Weight Loss Diary

Thanks ladies :heartpump:

WiiFitAddict said:
Oooh I didn't think of that...

*clutches at straw offered by Seacrest

Totally agree.. There's bound to be a difference. Well done on all the exercise, I think the annoying thing with that can be that the scales don't always seem to play ball straight away, presumably due to water etc, I often seem to sts or gain after upping my workouts ( like last week) but it definitely makes a big difference to size etc, my trousers have got looser in the past couple of weeks despite a gain so I presume I'm getting more " compact" as I tone.

Glad to hear you're improving, fingers crossed for sun and an end to winter lurgies!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks hells. x

I'm keeping up with the exercise and particularly enjoying the novelty of Exerbeat (although I suspect I'm going to end up with one extremely well toned arm and the other not quite so toned!)

I can't believe my Easter holiday is drawing to an end and I still haven't sorted out my desk and prepped my lessons for the coming week!

I went to table tennis again this morning which was good fun and so energetic - some of those folks are SO competitive. We play mixed doubles and play is really fast. I'm improving and will definitely try and go to every session I can.

I've just made carrot cakes for a cake sale this morning at Church. I'm leaving youngest daughter to decorate them - vanilla icing and chocolate buttons are too tempting!

Resiting carrot cake is hard enough without those tiny toppings you can so slyly pop into your mouth- well done! :D

Haha- how comes just one arm is getting toned!? If you only have one remote I think they're pretty cheap on amazon! Get the kids to join in with 2 player, they'd probably enjoy it and it's fun to have a partner! Makes things more competative too ;) if your daughter is still stressed about exams then exercise is supposed to help relieve some of that!

Which exercises on it do you find you do the most? I loved the boxing ones, they also seemed to react best to the remote so could get 100% on some! I used to do the tiny squats/bopping along and my legs would kill after the long ones lol! There is a 52 min one when you unlock more- cant believe I managed that :S!

Yes I should use two remotes lol I meant cos of playing table tennis and badminton right handed plus now doing Exerbeat.

Youngest daughter has been on it a couple of times but it's obviously not cool to admit you enjoy doing something your Mum does lol

I also like the boxing exercises. I'm beginning to unlock more and more exercises and can see it'll keep me interested for a while yet. Btw I'm currently in Egypt.

I've not been as focused as I'd have liked tbh Rach. I need to stop faffing about on the food side. If I could do that AND continue with my exercising then I'm sure I'd be more successful. Welcome back! x

Lol I was talking Exerbeat - Tetris will understand.

I have a banging head this morning - self inflicted - red wine yesterday. Why did I do that? Bet that means another sts at wi tomorrow.

*shuffles off, grumbling to herself

I'm sure all the exercise will pay ofr and hopefully balance out yesterdays wine and give you a loss!
Egypt already- wow!
It def kept me entertained until I'd unlocked all the boxing ones but then I struggled to find motivation to complete them all- I challenged myself to get gold in all the boxing ones and then ran out of exerbeat oomph. :( I do like the hip hop ones too though!
Lol @ not cool to admit you enjoy doing something with your mum. That'll change! I really want to show.my mum exerbeat but she lives so far away now. It would probably overwhelm her though as she has two left feet (and arms)
If you play with two remotes you also get double the points for the map! X

As anticipated I sts at wi last night.

I really need a kick up the bum.

I've got a challenge going against my mate I go to badminton with. I knew her years ago when our kids were small and met her again when I joined SW and she was manning the scales. We've both said we're going to lose 3lbs next week. I HAVE to be good! I cooked SW chilli when I got back after wi and oh opened a bottle of red which I declined. I'm going to abstain from alcohol at LEAST Mon-Thur inc. and then be very controlled over the weekend. Crikey, I sound like I'm an alkie - I'm not but it's so easy just to fall into the habit of having a glass or two in an evening and all those glasses just mount up and well...

Tetris I had a go at a few hip hop ones yesterday and they were quite fun. I can't remember exactly but I think I'm in Denmark now.:D

According to the instructions I should row for 5 minutes on alternate days for a few days until I get used to it and then begin to build up to 15 minutes. Gulp. That makes today a rowing day.

:whip: - This is hard, becuase my work laptop does not allow me to see the smilies, but I think this one might be appropriate - if its not then I apologise!

First, well done for STS, at least its not a gain. Second, we all need a good kicking sometimes (see my diary for examples of need), so I'll give you a proper welsh shoe-ing now in a minute.... OK, lets try to do it together. Weekends & drinking are a downfall for me too, so I 'get' that problem, how about we try to keep each other on track this week?

I've not been as focused as I'd have liked tbh Rach. I need to stop faffing about on the food side. If I could do that AND continue with my exercising then I'm sure I'd be more successful. Welcome back! x

Don't worry you're not the only one! I've been faffing around for the last 4 months! back on track now, going to stick to it 100%! Also trying with the exercise too, it's hard when it's so boring! It's a chore going to the gym for me haha. We'll both get there in the end! x

:whip: - This is hard, becuase my work laptop does not allow me to see the smilies, but I think this one might be appropriate - if its not then I apologise!

First, well done for STS, at least its not a gain. Second, we all need a good kicking sometimes (see my diary for examples of need), so I'll give you a proper welsh shoe-ing now in a minute.... OK, lets try to do it together. Weekends & drinking are a downfall for me too, so I 'get' that problem, how about we try to keep each other on track this week?

Lol thanks for that Seacrest. Yes, let's do that. I'm not going to be weak and have a drink tonight. I almost went to the cinema ( latte and M & Ms practically obligatory) but now I'm not so that was close. Tomorrow is my non teaching day but will still be busy - I find it easier to stick to plan if I keep myself occupied - I've got baby group in the afternoon and that has the temptation of biscuits/cake but I will take a HiFi Bar with me and act saintly. Oh heck I just remembered oh and I are out on Saturday for a meal at an Austrian restaurant with two other couples. Any ideas Sea? I wonder if they have a website I can check out...

Don't worry you're not the only one! I've been faffing around for the last 4 months! back on track now, going to stick to it 100%! Also trying with the exercise too, it's hard when it's so boring! It's a chore going to the gym for me haha. We'll both get there in the end! x

Thanks Rachel. That's the great thing about this forum. I don't feel like I'm the only one experiencing ups and downs. Good for you getting back on track! Actually, on Jan 1st I was 5 1/2 lbs lighter than I am now - how screamworthy is that? Yes we WILL get there eventually. :)

In other news...

the cyst I had back in February has started to erupt again. I felt like crying when I noticed in the shower this morning. It hadn't entirely disappeared but had definitely flattened and faded from it's purpley colour. Now it's swollen and has a kind of white head on it. (sorry for eurch description). I've put some paste and a dressing on it as previously instructed by GP and will monitor it tomorrow. I hope I can avoid antibiotics & painkillers this time as they really made me feel ill before.

*Goes off to kick cat.

**Cat runs off.

Lol thanks for that Seacrest. Yes, let's do that. I'm not going to be weak and have a drink tonight. I almost went to the cinema ( latte and M & Ms practically obligatory) but now I'm not so that was close. Tomorrow is my non teaching day but will still be busy - I find it easier to stick to plan if I keep myself occupied - I've got baby group in the afternoon and that has the temptation of biscuits/cake but I will take a HiFi Bar with me and act saintly. Oh heck I just remembered oh and I are out on Saturday for a meal at an Austrian restaurant with two other couples. Any ideas Sea? I wonder if they have a website I can check out...

First, sorry to hear the damned cyst is back. Fingers crossed that it goes away again swiftly.

So, well done on not drinking tonight (I'm assuming), and looks like you have tomorrow planned as well. I've gone over syns slightly today, but only by a couple & will fast tomorrow as well. Funnily enough we've been invited out for Saturday night also, but OH isn't well, so I think we may not go (is it bad to be relieved just because it means I can choose what I eat at home instead?). See if you can find the online menu for the Austrian restaurant & post it. But really - Austrian? I don't want to be mean, but it's not exactly ranked amongst the worlds top cuisine; in fact it's right there with German & Swiss. (please no one take offence, see where I live first...). Pretty sure you will be able to choose something based on pork, potato & cabbage.....:ignore:

Last edited:
Back