Will bacon knock me out of ketosis?

wannabefitatthirty

Had stomach bug over night n early hours today & this afternoon needed food to settle my stomach. I phoned my CDC n she said I could eat bacon if I needed to n it wouldn't harm me. So I microwaved 4 rashers and cut off the fat, will this ruin my diet? Very worried as this is day 4 n it only just started to get easier, but can't face drinking shakes n I was also feeling soo weak n dizzy after big coming out of me both ends......

I'm no expert but if u cut off all fat and only ate lean bacon then it would be protein no carbs. When I was doing slimming world diet I'd buy bacon medallions from Lidl and they were only 43 calories each so without your shakes u won't have had enough calories to spoil your diet but will not of had the correct nutrients etc today.
Hope your feeling better now.
X

Yes I left the fat n I microwaved it instead of frying it, i kno I won't have had enough nutrients, but who does when they have tummy bug, my children all have it n they're eating dry biscuits n very lightly spread toast to settle there's which I knew I couldn't have so thought I'd just eat bacon and bit psychological too as bacon butties used to b my hangover cure n make me feel better, so ditched the roll, sauce and butter n just ate the bacon. I feel not better thank u, just nauseous :-/

the thing to watch with bacon is that it's salty, and salt causes water retention. i'm surprised your cdc suggested bacon: they usually mention something off the SS+ list. an egg would be pretty good invalid food.

To be fair it was me who suggested bacon, I didn't even think of eggs!:-/ she just said it wouldn't do me to much harm or knock me out of ketosis. I weighed myself this morning n I'm 2 1/2 lbs lighter than last night so must've been ok. N feel I can face a shake again today :)

Back