Will eating boiled chicken kick me out of ketosis?

Noor30

Silver Member
Just wanted to ask if it's possible to have some boiled chicken during the day on TS along with my 3 shakes a day? And the quantity of chicken allowed if that is?

Chicken and salad ( not tomatoes)
will not kick you out of ketosis so that's safe to eat. I have that if I am hungry.
Take care
Gill
X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks for the quick response Gill. So apart from tomatoes any other salad is fine?

How much chicken is allowed?

Excuse my ignorance but what are the drawbacks of coming out of ketosis? Does it stop u losing weight? Or it is just that you'll feel hungry again while going back into ketosis? X

It's fine Mrs c999, once out of ketosis you do stop losing weight and then if you decide to go back on the diet it does take a few days for ketosis to kick in...

I am not sure as I haven't been in ketosis yet!!!! So not sure about it, I am just following the diet with three packs and a ws when I need it, having salad and chicken.
I have about 1 small chicken breast, and green salad or green veg.

Gill
X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

You dont stop losing weight. You can quite happily still lose the same amount of rate out of ketosis as you do in ketosis. Its almost impossible not to lose weight when youre only having 600kcals a day regardless of ketosis. Youre just going to feel hungry again and possibly headachy, tired etc, just like you did when you started

Thank you for clarifying this Starlight..... :)

Thanks for your quick replies. Didn't actually feel tired, hungry or headachy at all in My first few days. The opposite in fact I felt full of energy and much less tired than I always am. My consultant said it was most likely due to getting the correct vitamins and minerals from the shakes, that my usual food intake was sadly lacking. I'm only on day 11 now and had a headache yesterday for the first time I think due to lack of water. X

Back